September 19, 2014 | 1894 users online

Moisturizers - BeneFit Cosmetics - b right total moisture facial cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was given this Benefit Face Cream by my boyfriend for Valentine's day; and I must say I am in love with it.

The smell is beyond amazing, the packaging is incredible and I honestly find it incredibly softening to the face. The rich cream has helped keep spots away and leaves my face feeling like silk. The smell is heavenly, I can understand that it might annoy some people with the heavy smell but I honestly feel I am addicted to the smell. The cream itself is very heavy and I would only use it for nighttime use, it would be too much for the day. It stays on all night and by the morning my skin feels ready for any makeup I might throw at my face. I cannot express enough my love for this product, makes it better that it was a great gift! I originally wanted the Triple Forming Facial Emulsion which I had *hinted* at for Valentines day and the boyfriend got the wrong one ...which I ended up loving way more! the other is very watery yet oily at the same time.

Also remember; a very small amount goes a long way and do not apply too much as it will be very greasy. Perfect for my skin however :3

However; the price. Honestly I am a student...how on earth am I going to pay 27 GBP when I run out of this product? it makes a fantastic gift but I am never going to pay that price. No matter how much I love it.

Maybe when I am a millionaire I will buy this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is a very nice heavy and rich cream. I have very dry skin so I love it. I just don't love the price and there are similar products out there with same results, and ingredients for less. It does make my face very soft and silky and love it. I would not buy this though, its just very overpriced. $40 for 1 oz? No thanks. I have a serious love/hate relationship with this brand. I love some of their stuff but a lot of it I don't think is that great and is overpriced.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is a run-of-the-mill facial cream that's very heavily scented. It's of a substantial weight, so it's more suited to the colder winter months. I wouldn't use this in the daytime or during warmer months. There are other more reasonably priced creams that aren't as offensively scented, so I can't recommend this one from Benefit. BTW - it's made in France, if you care about the country of origin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this in an Ulta order and decided to give it a try after I use my favourite clay mask, when my skin needs a bit of extra moisture and some calm down. First, it's really thick stuff in my experience. Really thick. I actually used way too much the first time because I didn't expect it to be this thick and a lot came out. You only need a bit and let your body heat from your hands melt or soften it, then put it on your face.

My skin is really oily normally and quite red (less red after the "sunburn" from the mask fades off, which is why I love it so much) so perhaps only drier-skinned folks should use this cream. I spent a long while massaging it into my face and neck once I realised just how much extra I'd put on, and my skin still felt sticky hours later, like it hadn't sunk in. The next time I used it (again after the mask) I used much less, but it actually felt even more sticky. So perhaps this just isn't for me, or isn't for people with oily skin.

Also, I feel we should all write strongly worded letters to the skincare/cosmetic industry telling them that jar packaging really needs to go. For this product a squeeze tube would be fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Simonjw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Only got this in a sample size but fell in love with it! It's such a great moisturiser it's so rich dry patches disappear over night, definitely recommend! Now I've just got to bring myself to spread £27.50 haha

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by rubyred1004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is only from using a sample size of this product but thought I would put in my 2 cents. This is a very intense hydrating cream. My skin used to be really dry but now is leaning more towards the oily/combo side. Love the smell of this product and packaging is adorable! It is a thick cream that when rubbed between the fingers becomes easy to work with. However, takes a while to absorb and can leave somewhat of a greasy feel if your skin is not very dry. I have to use the tiniest amount to make sure I don't get too oily. It didn't break me out even though I have acne prone skin and will try it out again if my skin ever becomes dry again. Interested in trying out other products in this line.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by BritMC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had 2 jars of this cream. The first one I used for a little while, then stopped using (I can't remember why). After a while I went out and got another jar (the first one expired). The texture of this cream is very lovely, its not super thick nor too fluid. Its a nice in-between texture that melts into the skin. It does leave a little bit of a greasy feeling for a while afterwards, but nothing that bothered me personally. It has a LOT of fragrance, almost a hair conditioner type smell, or that of a generic shampoo.

As for its results, I found it did hydrate my skin pretty well throughout the winter. I mean, it wasn't anything miraculous, I'd say it functions like a basic moisturizer you could buy at the drugstore in terms of hydration. In terms of packaging, I was quite disappointed it came in a jar. I personally hate jars, I find it more difficult to obtain the perfect amount of product for application, and its messy. Jars also render anti-oxidents useless.

Overall, I really liked the texture of the cream (I have normal skin that can sometimes get dry in certain areas in the winter) but the amount of fragrance is what really killed it for me. The results didn't do anything amazing for me either, like I said earlier it didn't do anything more than a regular drugstore moisturizer is capable of. It simply hydrated my skin. (Which is great and all, just not at its price point) It definitely doesn't "brighten" the skin or anything like that either.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by kristinamw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample from Ulta a few months ago and I recently ran out of my night moisturizer so I've been using it in place of that. Though I really love how it feels when it goes on, I don't like the effect in the morning and I can't imagine wearing this during the day. It is very thick and has a great feeling when applying, but it doesn't absorb well enough for me. I usually love a thick moisturizer, but this is just too greasy. If I put this on at night, in the morning my face and bangs feel greasy. I haven't had that with any other product. I won't purchase the full size because of this, even though I love the rich feel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this product in the Benefit Top Box. I It is totally moisturizing like... really really moisturizing!!! I love it ! It absorbs into the skin nicely and quickly without leaving a greasy feeling, my face feels soft after I wake up and all day, and my skin look.. I don't know.. pumpled ? I love it! I also love the smell, it smells really nice when you apply it, but without lingering all day and getting annoying! I have a really sensitive skin and I was afraid because of the smell, but it's perfect and actually soothing. I also really love the packaging, as always with Benefit.

My only problem is that the cream is in a jar, so not really hygienic. I would also prefer there was some SPF in the cream. It's also expensive. I will probably repurchase when on sale!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovexx

This moisturiser is so amazing! My skin just loves it! My skin has never been this hydrated before, my skin is normally super dry but with this my dry skin is no longer a problem! The only down side is the price, waaay too expensive. Overall i definitely would repurchase this over and over. It's a staple in my skincare routine. <3