Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Scrub (with lemon, papaya, and caffeine)

3.6

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Cellulose, Mannitol, Xylitol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Polygonum Fagopyrum (Buckwheat) Flour, Ethylparaben, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Caffeine, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Algin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Chronium Hydroxide Green, Iron Oxides, Yellow 10

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Overall I didn't really like this product, however, I did very much like the smell. Like it claims, it has a mix of lemon and papaya that creates a unique and delicious scent but I would not repurchase it just for the scent. I think it did a good job of removing dirt and oil from my face but it didn't seem to make any noticeable difference to my skin. I would agree that it would be a good scrub for any skin type, however, it just doesn't deliver what it claims to. It didn't brighten my skin in any way. Important to note is that it didn't at all cause any negative affects.

on 4/3/2013 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Binned this. It has some pros, but for me the cons totally outweighed them.

Pros

+ Smells great

+ DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT

Cons

- Stripped my face

- Dried out my skin like nobodies business

- 'Bursting beads' definitely do not burst...

- Nor do they exfoliate

- Left a film over my face. Yuck!

I really wanted to like this. I begrudge changing my facewash because my skin is so sensitive and prone to breakouts if the wrong ingredient touches my skin. However, I've gone back to Amie's Radiant Dawn facewash. The only reason I changed in the first place was because Amie isn't as easily accessible as a commercial product.

on 3/3/2013 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this scrub. My skin is dry, but not too dry and gets blackheads. I usually look really washes out and dull with all other scrubs and washes but this is soooo freakin AMAZING!!!!! first of all it smells like.....heaven and happiness, if there was a perfume of the smell I would buy if in a heart beat. second of all it actually makes you look brighter and refreshed just a promised. It even gives you a glow. I recommend this scrub to EVERYONE. It works for all skin types, even my sister who has oily skin really likes it! So get you butt to the store and buy cuz it's worth it! <3

on 1/14/2013 3:30:00 AM

I love this scrub! It really does make me feel more awake and actually makes my skin look luminous! I can use it every day with little to no irritation... I love the travel sizes it comes in too. (My one and only complaint is that sometimes too much comes globbing out of the big squeeze container)

on 1/3/2013 4:30:00 AM

This scrub does what it describes, it leaves my skin feeling refreshed and awake, and it does make me feel as though my skin looks brighter. I'm not very keen on the smell, and it takes a bit longer than normal scrubs/soaps to wash off, so I have given it 4 lipsticks because of this. I would purchase this scrub again, because it makes my skin feel refreshed and clean, and it helps me wake up in the morning. I have sensitive skin, and it doesn't dry out/irritate my skin. This is a good scrub to use in the shower in the morning, and I would recommend it to others.

on 11/5/2012 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

SO FAR i LOVE this scrub. I typically stay away from scrubs because #1 i have acne/sentve skin and #2 i tried a clearasil scrub and it broke me out. BUT bought this about 2 months ago and didnt really use it. i hve been using a acne wash but it dries my skin out and makes my skin pasty. I NEEDED to exfolite badly and i needed a beak from harsh acne products so i used this last night and i got outof the shower and about 40-60% of my redness on my face was gone! My skin felt so breathable,fresh, and NOT TIGHT AT ALL! Usally i put TONS of mstrizer of after my shower but i only had to put a little bit and my skin felt good! SO i used it this morning too and once again LOVED IT. You need to be very gentle with this though since its a scrub. Im going to use this as my face wash for a little while and update you! So far i give 5 lippies :D

UPDATE! 12/10....i stopped using this awhile ago because it was way to irrating! i think it gave my whiteheads im not sure though. Now i cant understand how i wrote the review above -_- But anyways this didnt even exfoliate my skin i just thought it did :( I have found a new scrub to use and its AMAZING its the Aveeno positvly radiant daily cleasning pads (one side is smooth the other is exfolating) buy that not this!!!

on 7/23/2012 6:01:00 PM

I started using this product because I needed something to use for my morning routine. It worked fine and my skin felt nice and smooth but after about a few days of use my skin started flaking and some parts of my face became very dry. I think this is due to the fact that I do not have a moisturizer. Once i buy a moisturizer I will try out the product again and see if it works a little better.

on 6/21/2012 11:00:00 AM

When I first used it, it totally dried out my skin (I have pretty sensitive skin.). So, if you do too, I would stay away from this. However, I've been building up my skin's resistance, so I'll probably try this again soon because I'm really interested in the "skin brightening."

on 6/18/2012 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Blargh. Ew. No. What? WHY?
Let me clear that up for you. I forgot my facewash when I went on vacation. I picked this up from Walgreens since it was on sale and I had read relatively decent reviews for it in the past. So, ya know, I bought it hoping it would be at least half decent.
Blech.
It smells wonderful, the product and packaging are a cute, happy yellow, but just like people, looks don't always disclose how someone/thing is on the inside. In this crap's case, its looks didn't even come close to showing its true colors.
It's just SLIMY. I felt like I was slathering lemonade-scented snot all over my face, complete with little hard round sparse boogers- a.k.a. those useless "bursting beads." They neither bursted nor exfoliated. The facewash was irritatingly difficult to massage into my face and rinse off and it, and the beads, just got stuck in my hair. Ugh. The only reason why I'm giving this a 2 is because it didn't do anything bad to my acne or really dry out my skin. Simultaneously, it did nothing beneficial, either.
I'm back from vacation, but I'm not gonna waste it, though. I'll use it as a body scrub and update this review after that. Hopefully it won't be as noticeably filmy and slimy as it was on my face.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

After i heard some good commits about this facial scrub, i decided to try this myself, and i like the scent pretty well, this was a little hard to rinse off, i guess its better off using this in the shower, it did wake me up a alot (they are some mornings that i need some pick me up with the caffeine)and it removes make up well, it does the job on the skin brightening, which thats what i been looking for, i will continue to buy this untill they stop selling this at the stores.

Popular Scrubs