April 18, 2014 | 946 users online

Scrubs - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Scrub (with lemon, papaya, and caffeine)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Victoriamr

I started using this product because I needed something to use for my morning routine. It worked fine and my skin felt nice and smooth but after about a few days of use my skin started flaking and some parts of my face became very dry. I think this is due to the fact that I do not have a moisturizer. Once i buy a moisturizer I will try out the product again and see if it works a little better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by gumiho

When I first used it, it totally dried out my skin (I have pretty sensitive skin.). So, if you do too, I would stay away from this. However, I've been building up my skin's resistance, so I'll probably try this again soon because I'm really interested in the "skin brightening."

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Blargh. Ew. No. What? WHY?
Let me clear that up for you. I forgot my facewash when I went on vacation. I picked this up from Walgreens since it was on sale and I had read relatively decent reviews for it in the past. So, ya know, I bought it hoping it would be at least half decent.
Blech.
It smells wonderful, the product and packaging are a cute, happy yellow, but just like people, looks don't always disclose how someone/thing is on the inside. In this crap's case, its looks didn't even come close to showing its true colors.
It's just SLIMY. I felt like I was slathering lemonade-scented snot all over my face, complete with little hard round sparse boogers- a.k.a. those useless "bursting beads." They neither bursted nor exfoliated. The facewash was irritatingly difficult to massage into my face and rinse off and it, and the beads, just got stuck in my hair. Ugh. The only reason why I'm giving this a 2 is because it didn't do anything bad to my acne or really dry out my skin. Simultaneously, it did nothing beneficial, either.
I'm back from vacation, but I'm not gonna waste it, though. I'll use it as a body scrub and update this review after that. Hopefully it won't be as noticeably filmy and slimy as it was on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by QueenofAngolmois18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After i heard some good commits about this facial scrub,i decided to try this myself,and i like the scent pretty well,this was a little hard to rinse off,i guess its better off using this in the shower,it did wake me up a alot (they are some mornings that i need some pick me up with the caffeine)and it removes make up well,it does the job on the skin brightening,which thats what i been looking for,i will continue to buy this untill they stop selling this at the stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by isaw

I bought this product a week ago and has been using it ever since. I really like the fruity smell and how it feels. My skin is very sensitive which is the reason why I am always afraid to try to stuff especially on my face. I would recommend that if you have a little breakout for the first few days of using this, don't stop. Usually it just lifts up the impurities and clear it right away. Then you won't have any more problems. I use this in the morning and before I go to sleep.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by OpinonA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this a few times a week, love the tingle and mostly the SMELL! It's works really good and wakes you right up in the morning!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This scrub is pretty good. It smells AMAZING, has awesome fruity smell, It really does wake you up with the lemon and stuff. I have had this since last summer, and probably buy again. The beads in this are too large and not enough to really exfoliate. I give it 5 stars, cuz I'm nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite scrub line! Beats any high end brand. ALL of the scents in the line smell wonderful and refreshing. I bought the brightening one.

-Lathers well
-exfoliates and deep cleans
-gets rid of small bumps and dead skin
-really does reveal smoother, brighter, luminous skin underneath!

Looove it :) <3

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by SybilVirgo

I'm a huge fan of Clean & Clear. This facial scrub smells absolutely divine and leaves your skin soft as well as glowing. With lemon and papaya extracts, it's no surprise!

Like every product, it has its flaws:
1. The beads - in comparison to other scrubs they are pretty large.
2. If you have dry skin, AVOID this product! My skin used to be very oily but after using this product for a month, it's no longer.
3. Sometimes I get a stinging, tingling feeling on my face while and after using this product. Sensitive skinned people, AVOID!

Flaws aside, I love it but I will only recommend it to oily skinned people! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by GlitterGirlie09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ahh! I am so excited about this reveiw! I have just started writing reveiws so I kind of get excited for every single one that I do, but this one. Oh my goodness gracious! I'm very excited for! This is my Skin Care facial cleanser. What I use for my face cleanser is Clean & Clear Morning Burst. And I honestly do not know the exact name but it is the one in the color Yellow. It has caffine in it so it seriously dose make your skin feel fresh and awake at any time of the day!
This dose help keep your skin looking young and healthy and its oil-free. I have oily skin so it dose get rid of most of the oil but the thing is it actually dose not help with acne as much as you think it would. And I honestly do not get that bad of acne. But I do like a good face wash that will protect against acne and pimples. So while using this I would recomend also using a acne-protector or acne-wash.