April 18, 2014 | 1437 users online

Polishes - Essie - French Affair

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

the colour was alright but the formula was not good at all. it was streaky and goopy and just a nightmare. would not repurchase. the colour was not what i expected looking at the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

I love this color and only have to apply two coats to be opaque. It's a really pretty creamy cotton candy pink. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im a sucker for any soft pink nail polish..I stray from dark pinks but I admit, I used more than half a bottle of this, this summer..I need to get a backup..I apply a natural light color on my nails as a base and 2 to 3 coats let it dry and Im good to go...love it, the cool color pink..the sheen and the texture which I love in essie polishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by heyimcortney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really am a fan of the Essie product line. Lots of their colors are so classy and this is just another one to add on to the list. It is pretty bright- I'd almost describe it as Barbie Pink. You definitely need multiple coats as well. Still, it's good!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by AdoreLace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this is a beautiful color, the formula of it is HORRIBLE. It is so streaky and uneven looking on my nails!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm completely peeved with this nail polish...and after how many times I've tried this color I have finally given up. Once again looking at the milky pink in the bottle, it really does not appear the same on the nails as in the bottle, on the nails this is a true bubblegum pink.

That would not bother me had the formulation been good. Compared to some of my other Essie nail polishes in which one-two coats is opaque. This however is like none of the rest, streaky to the tenth degree it is necessary to use 3-4 coats minimum to get an opaque rendering.

Also to give a good show of quality, I painted this nail polish at 11am in the morning by 3pm I have a gigantic chip in two of my nails, and I hadn't done anything except work on my computer. That is ridiculous, not even my good top coat could save this nail polish...I've given up trying. I'm going to only use this for water marbling and nail decoration, its not worth repairing the chips as often as necessary. The first fail I've had from Essie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by sammycansing01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was recently at Target and I noticed that the Spring Collection 2011 was on clearance and I thought that French Affair was a pretty color and it was only $5.45!! This color is a bubblegum pink with a glossy finish. I am currently wearing it both on my fingers and toes. It is a great color is you have a tan because it really becomes noticeable. I will repurchase a similar color when I use this one up because obviously, this collection is about to be discontinued because it was limited edition.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by totallytriple

French Affair is a beautiful light glossy blush pink. I got it cheaper because I found a good deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by UberMagic

This color is perfect for my skin tone (fair, but light tan in summer).
I LOOOOVE it. It's a pretty baby orchid pink, more on the cool spectrum.

I don't have a problem with application. I tend to put more on the brush when I apply, so I can coat it in 1-2 coats easy. I just have the patience to wait a little longer for it to dry. Chips after a few days though (5?), but I usually don't bother with a topcoat, which I'm thinking of reconsidering.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by amaruca

I agree that the first coat of this polish is streaky, but the color evens with a second coat. The pink is a little too bright for me in the summer, when I'm tanner, but would be nice in March or April to welcome Spring.