Essie French Affair

3.4

on 3/24/2012 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Very cool-toned cotton candy pink. Color-wise, i'm not in love, especially on my slightly warm skin tone. Application was a bit streaky, I applied 2 coats very carefully for opacity. Overall, I wouldn't buy this again, not very flattering on me, and the color is too Barbie-esque.

on 3/21/2012 2:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this color. A very pretty light pink. And even though Essie is a salon brand, I find this nail polish frustrating to apply. If you apply it thin, it often leaves streaks... even with two coats. But if you apply it a bit thicker, it takes a long time to dry and smudges easily. So for about $8 a bottle, it's not the best. I've used inexpensive brands and gotten better results.

on 12/12/2011 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

the colour was alright but the formula was not good at all. it was streaky and goopy and just a nightmare. would not repurchase. the colour was not what i expected looking at the bottle.

on 10/4/2011 11:22:00 PM

I love this color and only have to apply two coats to be opaque. It's a really pretty creamy cotton candy pink. Love it!

on 9/20/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Im a sucker for any soft pink nail polish..I stray from dark pinks but I admit, I used more than half a bottle of this, this summer..I need to get a backup..I apply a natural light color on my nails as a base and 2 to 3 coats let it dry and Im good to go...love it, the cool color pink..the sheen and the texture which I love in essie polishes.

I really am a fan of the Essie product line. Lots of their colors are so classy and this is just another one to add on to the list. It is pretty bright- I'd almost describe it as Barbie Pink. You definitely need multiple coats as well. Still, it's good!

on 8/18/2011 3:20:00 PM

Although this is a beautiful color, the formula of it is HORRIBLE. It is so streaky and uneven looking on my nails!

on 8/4/2011 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm completely peeved with this nail polish...and after how many times I've tried this color I have finally given up. Once again looking at the milky pink in the bottle, it really does not appear the same on the nails as in the bottle, on the nails this is a true bubblegum pink.

That would not bother me had the formulation been good. Compared to some of my other Essie nail polishes in which one-two coats is opaque. This however is like none of the rest, streaky to the tenth degree it is necessary to use 3-4 coats minimum to get an opaque rendering.

Also to give a good show of quality, I painted this nail polish at 11am in the morning by 3pm I have a gigantic chip in two of my nails, and I hadn't done anything except work on my computer. That is ridiculous, not even my good top coat could save this nail polish...I've given up trying. I'm going to only use this for water marbling and nail decoration, its not worth repairing the chips as often as necessary. The first fail I've had from Essie.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was recently at Target and I noticed that the Spring Collection 2011 was on clearance and I thought that French Affair was a pretty color and it was only $5.45!! This color is a bubblegum pink with a glossy finish. I am currently wearing it both on my fingers and toes. It is a great color is you have a tan because it really becomes noticeable. I will repurchase a similar color when I use this one up because obviously, this collection is about to be discontinued because it was limited edition.

French Affair is a beautiful light glossy blush pink. I got it cheaper because I found a good deal.

Popular Polishes