Thierry Mugler Angel

3.2

on 12/25/2014 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a strong perfume, but it's nice. It's definetely a winter scent, too strong to wear it in summer, I enjoy it, and one sprits is enough, i don't think I will need to repurchase since I have the 3.4 oz bottle and so many other perfumes

on 12/15/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favourite perfume of all time. It's sweet but rich. It's not everyone's cup of tea, to me this take me back to great memories when I wear it

on 11/28/2014 9:00:00 PM

To me, this smells almost like a Christmas tree. I used to hate this scent but I've learned to appreciate it. And I think it's complex and wonderful. It has patchouli and chocolate in it.

on 11/6/2014 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is probably the most over-worn scent I know of! When it first came out, ages ago, I got it and adored it. It will enter the room before you do if you don't use it sparingly as it is very potent. Being that SO many women wore/wear this scent, I never repurchased my huge bottle of it. It's kind of like an oldie song that's been worn out on the radio..

on 10/11/2014 12:04:00 PM

for me to write a review of a fragrance the first time i try it, it must be pretty outstanding one way or another, and angel truly is. i think most of the negativity surrounding angel is that the fragrance market has been bowdlerized to the point where whatever you buy, at whatever price, smells like cheap shampoo. nothing wrong with that, but why wear perfume at all then? why spend $100ish on fragrance when you can just buy a pleasant body spray for $15 tops?

angel dates to 1992, a time when the first "dumbed down" fragrances came on the market (and eventually took over). the modern 21st century nose will associate strong, bold scents with "old ladies" and while i certainly don't love all such perfumes, i do prefer a heavier, richer, truer fragrance. this is one of them.

this is an extremely well-orchastrated gourmand and i find that while i hate patchouli on its own, it has been blended well here to give depth to chocolate and candy notes.

i will almost certainly get a bottle of this one day (or maybe a body cream). this is not necessarily an every day scent (it can be) but this makes me think of fall/winter festivities in particular, just beautiful!!

on 10/9/2014 10:07:00 AM

The most foul, disgusting perfume I have ever smelled in my life. Smells like a hippie's armpit (one that works in a headshop and hasn't taken a shower in months). I don't detect vanilla, chocolate, or anything "gourmand" about this. Just nasty skanky CHEAP smelling patchouli. I feel sorry for the people who wear this because they don't know how utterly gross they smell (trust me, those "compliments" you get "all the time" are just ppl trying to find out the fragrance so they can avoid it, and are just being polite).

Absolutely vile.

Unfortunately, this perfume did not work out for me. I know that scents are very subjective and is affected largely by preference so I will try not to be too harsh. This perfume is very masculine and STRONG. Straight out of bottle, it is overpowering if you are not careful. I sprayed maybe about half a spray and even then the scent was so strong. If you actually do like this perfume, this is great for you because it'll probably last you all day. I had to take it off about 10 minutes into wearing it because the smell was so offensive for me. I have no idea why this is named "Angel." It certainly does not smell anything like what I imagine an angel would smell like.

on 9/21/2014 12:08:00 PM

I love this perfume, I wear it almost everyday. The scent isnt for everyone though, it is a very musky strong perfume that WILL last all day. I smelled this perfume on another person a year ago and I had to have it. This perfume does smell like a sophisticated cologne with a female twist. Shoppers now has refillables at their stores for this perfume, which makes it cheaper. The only thing I do not like about the product is that it doesnt stand up, it lays flat.

on 6/22/2014 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

These other reviews are great and funny. I never would have described Angel as smelling like weed or shit or death. More like warm, spicy honey. But I do realize it is polarizing. I didn't like it at first, smelling it on a sample card. But after receiving a sample on a shopping trip with my MIL, I learned that she hates Angel. So I decided to give it another try! ;)
I like the way it smells on my skin, warm and sweet. But after reading these reviews, I have noticed that it wears down to a dirt-like smell. Not an earthy potting-soil type of smell. Just dirty, dirt. But I personally never notice that undertone at first. And I change perfumes nearly everyday, so it never has much time to wear down that much or stick around. So I enjoy what I notice; the honey, vanilla, carmel, maybe a bit of bergamot. If it offends someone else's nose, well, that's just kind of a bonus!

on 6/12/2014 7:17:00 AM

A real rebel, deserving of its popularity and its controversy. I can't always pull it off, but I always admire it. What makes Angel so extraordinary? First, it managed to break ground on two now-ubiquitous fragrance categories: gourmands and fruitchoulis. Second, it manages to still be artistically the best example of these, if not the most affable or wearable. And it still is instantly recognizable as itself.

I have this in the EDP and body oil, and I mostly wear the body oil as it sits closer to the skin and tones down the armpitty topnotes of the EDP. The packaging on Angel products is beyond gorgeous, with the endless iterations of "star" shapes holding curiously blue juice. On first application, there is more than a hint of tangy armpit. But before the nose has time to completely reject this fragrance, the armpit revels itself to be luscious peach and melon; soon thereafter, the caramel, chocolate, and top-quality natural patchouli rush in to ground the scent. There is an intoxicating, ethereal contrast between the earthy cacao and the hovering, loamy patchouli, which has the wearer continually returning for more inhalations, and gaining a druglike euphoria from the fragrance.

At the same time, sometimes Angel is just too much for me to handle. Depending on my mood, it either smells addictively yummy (as in my description) or downright offputting, like ayurvedic medicines and toothache drops mixed with hospital disinfectants. I definitely get why many people loathe the stuff. But for sheer genius and complexity, it stands alone and will always have a place on my dresser.

Popular Fragrances