December 20, 2014 | 854 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Angel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I know this was supposedly one of the first "gourmand" scents that started a fragrance avalanche of foodie scents, but even so, I find it to be very off-putting. It's basically a sharp men's cologne scent with a dash of honey. It might have been ground breaking at its inception, but now it just seems stale and cliche. Very manly, very long-lasting and very irrelevant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've heard about this scent for so lonxg and every time i smelled it at sephora i just couldn't believe anyone would buy this. It just smelled terrible! So strong and (forgive me) "old lady ish". Just terrible. Fast forward a few years, my teacher wears this and she always smelled so good. I didn't realize it was this until I dared myself to sniff it again at ulta one day and it smelled like her! And all of a sudden, i can't get enough of this. Now I smell the patchouli. Now I smell the chocolate....and holy crap, it's incredible. I cannot get enough of it! I bought the EDT and love it but wanted to also try the EDP which I love even more. The first few minutes you spray this on it smells wayyyyyyy strong but give it 5 minutes and it will be so worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

I LOVE LOVE this perfume but what I do so I do not suffocate people, is that I spray it into little tubes I actually got from a lab with a screw cap top and I dab it on so only I can smell it. One spray of this perfume can be grounds for homicide. Opium and Lauder's Knowing are the same. However, a trick is that I bought the body lotion which has taken 5 years to go through and it seems to be much milder and cheaper. But ladies, in the name of humanity do not layer this scent. pleassssse

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by NorthernLight1918

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Of course I bought it due to the hype. My lesson is: no matter what the reputation or fame, now matter how high they sing or how popular it is, if your body feels sick right after wearing it, then it's a perfume that you can't not wear. Angel has a monster sillage and it goes straight to my head especially the mix of Xmas tree and cat pee. I was so obssessed and so terrified that one moth after that, I stood in Disneyland flower beds and smelled something exactly like Angel. I felt lke being sent into a big prison and had an immeditae headache. I ran away from those beautiful flower beds. Please test it in person before buying. I bought it blindly due to the rumor, a big bottle, and obviously I had to pay for my mistake.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by ay07

The first time a sales lady sprayed my wrist with Angel I almost gagged. "how can this be one of the most popular fragrances in the world?! It smells like a dumpster swarming with roaches" I said to my husband. I nearly gagged, but resisted the urge to wash it off. We came home and after 7 hours or wearing it I smelled this delicious mix of patchouli and vanilla and berries and everything that's delicious in this world. Fast forward a few months later, I decided to give it another go, on paper. And I held that paper for a good hour. Smelled it every 5 minutes and I could not get enough of it! I still didn't hasten to buy it. Did the tango for a month and I finally decided to buy it. I'm in love. PS. The packaging of the refillable 50ml star bottle I found ridiculously cheap. The plastic/metallic like cover is so flimsy. Seeing that I paid 140$ for this bottle the expect the packaging to be top notch. And it isn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by vstone

I am writing a review for Angel as I have read many reviews and it seems I feel differently about this sent than many others, yes it is Bold, but if used with a light hand to me can be a Beautiful refreshing fragrance. It reminds me of the Fog covered Mountains tops on a cool morning, The crisp water in the streams. This can be a most Beautiful fragrance. I Love this sent and it will always be a part of my life. My wish for others who try this, Look into the fragrance not just the surface.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by redaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To the people who love this fragrance, please be aware that not everyone does. I smell it on women all the time. Women I know as well as strangers walking past me, on public transport or, god forbid, in elevators where it seems to linger for weeks after the wearer has left. I see lots of reviews state it works well with their body chemistry...hmmm, that's interesting as every woman I smell it on smells exactly the same - it surrounds them (and everyone within a 10 metre radius) with a migraine inducing, smack you in the face sickly sweet fug. A girl I went to school with wore this scent. The first time I smelt it, I was so shocked and horrified that I said, "wow! What perfume are you wearing?" She replied that it was Angel and asked me if I liked it. What could I say but, "yes it's lovely!" It's unfortunate as lots of people I know do this and it perpetuates the myth that everyone loves this smell on those that wear it when in reality it's the exact opposite. If you must wear it, please be aware that it's polarizing and that you will probably offend at least as many people as you delight (although I have yet to meet a person delighted by this fragrance when it passes you on the street). This isn't a personal fragrance, this is obnoxious and it invades everyone's territory. Harsh review? Yes, but after recovering from an Angel induced migraine, I feel it's more of a public service announcement.

24 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by AngelFreak1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my signature fragrance. I love, love it, and have found no other fragrance that comes close to Angel, and I have worn it for fifteen years. I switch off here and there with Alien edp and a few other fragrances, but I wear this one about five days out of the week. I go by compliments more than anything-that is what determines what fragrance is best for me. Now, a description of the scent: It starts out very strong, then the patchouli notes kick in after about ten minutes. The sweet notes of the peaches and plums are next, then after about an hour-the best part- the chocolate, caramel and vanilla-YUM! Angel drydown reminds me of cotton candy, vanilla ice cream and amusement parks(where I ALWAYS wear it, by the way, I have gotten compliments while waiting in lines for rides). I wear it in summer heat and bitterly cold days. I also own limited edition bottles and all the bath products. I make sure I always have a backup bottle so as not to run out!!!! The bottle is "out of this world" beautiful, especially the "glamour" bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Gigik3

This tends to smell very smoky and odd on me. The sample I received smelled powdery and feminine but the product I purchased smelled a little too powdery and strong. I don't really like it, and I will not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Mbryan766

So.. being a 21 year old, you would think I would detest this fragrance.. However, I truly enjoy this and am considering to make it my signature.
When I first sniffed this, I thought it was the worst thing I have ever smelled. It was so offensive and strong. But I received a sample in a gift set a few years ago and started to actually try it on my skin... and now from the bottle, I actually enjoy it.
So from the bottle, it smells strong, mentholy, slightly sweet and somewhat dirty...
But on my skin... I get mostly sweet chocolate and patchouli. And I love it. This perfume is so strong, so one spray is almost too much.. and it lasts and lasts. It's also easily recognizable on others.. I can always detect if someone is wearing it.
In all, this is a fragrance in which I always want to wear, even if I shouldn't...
However.. I asked my father what he thought and he thought it smelled too old for me. So we shall see..