MAC Matte - Plumage

4.3

Great color, I haven't used it a whole lot yet, but it's really pretty.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is a beautiful, rich, smokey and deep colour. Its great for the crease and outer edges of the eye. It takes some layering to intensify the colour,because it is matte. It is a unique and flattering peacock teal colour!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

In the pan I loved this shade, but once I got it home I was really disappointed. It's really hard to apply and faint, you've really got to work with it. I also found it very unforgiving, so if you make the slightest mistake you've gotta start alll over. So yeah, I guess it's a nice shade but i definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Plumage is a gorgeous, dark teal in the pan, but goes on looking just slightly lighter than black. On my light brown lids it appears dark grey and the teal is very faint. It's ok for the outer V and a smokey eye. I don't use it much, but I love MAC because if you are creative and mix and match you never know what jewel you will create. I was bored and swiped on Plumage. It looked dull and boring so I swiped MAC Goldmine over the top. The 2 mixed together became the most regal, elegant, shimmering emerald green shadow I've seen. So now Plumage will not just sit idly in the pan and I will soon have to purchase another container of Goldmine.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a beautiful deep teal color. It's a matte shade but it preforms well and blends easily. I use this when I want a change up in the crease/outer v.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A must for green/grey eyes. I mostly use it to line my upper lash line, and sometimes the lower water line as well, for a quick look. It brings out my eyes (a wierd mix of green-teal-grey) like crazy.

I did give it a 4 and not 5 since it is a bit powedry, but I'd still repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A WOW colour for green eyes (particularly olive/sea green eyes). I wear it lightly on the lid with a black smokey eye and it makes my eyes P.O.P! Wearing it, my eyes have a gravitational pull that other people's eyes are drawn too- in a good way! It's very pigmented and is easy to blend.

Note: Due to the hefty import tax placed on make-up in Australia I always rate Mac products as very expensive- $33 for a small pan of eyeshadow is ridonkulous!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I really hate writing a negative review for this, as I wanted SO BADLY to love it, but it's just impossibly chalky. I've tried all kinds of brushes of different shapes and fibers to see if I could make it work, but I'm not at all pleased with the results. It's possible to get some payoff, but you have to really take your time and pack it onto your base--which, incidentally, is completely necessary here for any color to stick at all. My thinking is that, while it's most definitely a beautiful color, one shouldn't have to baby $14.50 eyeshadow, you know?

EDIT: I exchanged this for another of the same color and it's like a completely different eyeshadow--super silky and gorgeously pigmented...don't know if the first one I had was part of a bad batch or what, but I absolutely love it now.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is a nice color to work with as an alternative to grey or black. I paired it with MAC's Wedge in the crease and it create a unique smokey effect. It is matte, so it takes a bit of patience to get the best results (I applied primer, painterly paint pot, dry Plumage eyeshadow then applied Plumage wet). This is also a nice color to wear on the lower lash line for a pop of color with a neutral look. I would describe it as teal with grey and blue unertones.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Argh, I really wanted to love this. The colour is beautiful - a dark blackened teal - and I would get so much use from this if it weren't for the poor quality of the shadow. It's just too sheer and chalky to be of any real use. It'll probably just sit in my palette unused, and I'll use a black shadow blended with teal instead. I think that will be easier than trying to get this shadow to work :(

Top Rated MAC Products