Cover Girl Lip Perfection- Flame

3.9

This product contains Parabens!

on 1/25/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Gorgeous colour. It's a pinky coral on me. Really bright. Doesn't look red @ all (on me though). Not drying and it's long lasting. Has a smell although not too overpowering. Bt it does linger on for minutes after application.

UPDATE: wore this lipstick today. It's still smooth and creamy to apply but the scent! Ugh!! It's worse than I remember it to be. Something about it made me think of crushed bugs eeewwww. Don't think I'd be trying other colours if they all smell this way.

on 1/12/2012 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I agree with some of the other reviewers that describe Flame as a red with hot pink undertones. I love hot pink and red lipsticks so it was love at first sight when I saw this lipstick! I read on MUA or saw on a Youtube video that Flame is a Dupe for MAC's limited edition lipstick in Toxic Tale. I have not seen Toxic Tale, but if you are looking for a red with pink undertones, you have to try this. This is one the most unique shades of red lipsticks I have ever seen, and believe me, I have tons. In addition to the vibrant color of this lipstick, it has amazing staying power, almost like a lip stain or long-wear lipstick. This doesn't moisturize my lips like Revlon lipsticks, my favorite lipsticks over any HE or drugstore brand, but I wear my Stila limited edition gloss in Merry Merry over it and it looks and feels fabulous.

on 10/21/2011 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Flame is way out of my comfort zone. I usually buy only pink and blue based reds for my cool complexion. To my suprise, Flame works on me. It is BRIGHT and I like the slick texuture of this lippie. I am pale and cool toned, but I think this would really look stunning on girls with dark, warm complexions. I also have Fairytale which is just a tad more cooler toned.

Staying power is awesome for a drugstore lippie. I have several Lip Perfection lipsticks and I love them all.

Cover Girl continues to suprise me by coming out with wonderful products. Years ago I would not touch Cover Girl with a 10 foot pole. Now Cover Girl has some great quality products but I have noticed the price points are creeping up also.

on 9/26/2011 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am still not sure what the color of this lipstick really is. I guess I would say it is that in between line of HOT pink and bright red, and it looks great!!! I am latina and I have a tan skin color, I was a bit afraid of how it would look on me but it actually looks REALLY GOOD. Yes, caution, it is BRIGHT and it sure stands out! I really love it though. It feels great on my lips. I recommend it!! I don't think I would buy it again because for me it is a one time thing I wanted to try, but I do like it, and a lot! If you want to try it, I say go for it. It is very chick, totally love it.

on 8/30/2011 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Flame is a very aptly-name color for this lipstick. It's not red, it's not orange, it's not coral: it's all of that, leaning more towards dark orange on my lips. It's HOT!

I have to admit though that it took me a few times wearing it to start really appreciating it...it is very bright and a little drying. Also, I find that it really does take 3 goods layers (with blotting in between) to get a nice, deep and matte color.

Also, as with all red lipsticks, it is a lot of work (layers, blotting, making sure you stay in the lines) because in my taste, I like really standout colors to look perfect (otherwise it looks cheap or a little clownesque, in my opinion) So: before you apply this fiery color, take your time! This is not to be rushed.

I'm not sure if I would rebuy, I think the orangy-red trend won't last

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am a NC35. The color just does not look good with my skin tone. It looks more like a melon color, not a true red.

on 6/5/2011 8:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is a perfect Tomato Red drugstore lipstick. I found it hydrating, moisturizing, and very pigmented. I also appreciate the red tint left behind after about a 3 hour wear. These lipsticks are also lightly scented but not an over the top. I plan on buying a few more of these CG lippies. They are fab!

on 5/26/2011 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This lipstick is super BRIGHT. I am a deep chocolate complextion so this color pops...like POW. The color is a mixture of red, pink and coral, leaning more towards red. I LOVE it (almost as much as divine) I would caution to not moisturize your lips too much as this lippie will go on streaky.

on 5/23/2011 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This was straight-up hot pink on me. A little disappointing because I was expecting a coral color with a balance of red and pink, but this was all pink (at least on me). Still a pretty color. And I love how these leave a stain- they last FOREVER and I never have to worry about reapplying. Plus they are inexpensive, even for drugstore lipsticks, at 6 dollars a pop at Walmart. I won't repurchase this color because I don't wear it often, but I will be purchasing more shades from this line.

on 5/18/2011 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I own three Lip Perfection lipsticks..wait, I think I own four! Anyway, this is a perfect orange-red-pink and I didn't think it would work on me but it does.

Recommended for Medium Skin