November 28, 2014 | 1902 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Pure-Clean

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by synthetic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible conditioner. It makes my hair look and feel greasy and unclean. Like others, I thought at first that maybe I just didn't rinse it out carefully enough, or that I used too much...but nope, this conditioner is completely unusable. I hate to waste product, but throwing this in the trash felt so good.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Sarah338

This is not only the worst hair product I have ever purchased, it may be the worst product I have ever purchased in any category, period.

I love conditioner. I go through it faster than anything else in the shower. I have never in my life not finished even the cheapest of conditioners. This product is completely unusable, except sometimes my boyfriend uses it to shave with, because he is weird.

I have straight hair, fine but not thin. This conditioner somehow manages to simultaneously make my ends as crunchy and dry as hay, and my roots so oily that I looked like I hadn't washed that part of my hair for weeks. There is no detangle aspect to this conditioner whatsoever, surprisingly given how godawful greasy it is. At first I thought it was another styling product that had caused it, so I skipped styling products entirely the next day, and still had the same results. Then I thought maybe I was using too much conditioner...nope. Then I thought if I washed it out for a REALLY long time, it would be better. Then I tried avoiding using it on my roots... nothing worked. At the end of 4 days of using it, I was freaking out because I was pretty convinced that I was going to have to cut off 4-5 inches of hair to fix the DAMAGE that this conditioner had caused. My ends were that bad. I have very silky hair normally and am VERY careful to not let my naturally blonde hair look like straw. As soon as I went back to normal conditioner however, my hair was fine again. No more crunchy ends and oily roots.

A month after having it sit lonely and unused in my shower, I foolishly ran out of conditioner and thought that I could make do with this for one day. Big mistake-- actually had handfuls of hair fall out while still in the shower while using this... something that never happens otherwise. It seems to tangle my hair endlessly in the shower and brushing through it after I get out is a nightmare. The sound of my hair tearing out even with careful combing made even my boyfriend cringe.

This product also lacks the really nice fresh scent of most Garnier shampoos. All this being said, I am not anti-Garnier: I generally really enjoy Garnier stuff. It's cheap, it works, I'm not a terribly fussy person.

Please do not buy this product. If I can save even one person from buying this, I have done my job. It's that bad.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, the reason I bought this is because it was on clearance for $0.99 at my drugstore. As a broke college student, $0.99 for a conditioner always sounds great to me. But to my surprise, it would be the worst conditioner I have ever used in my life. Now, I always check MUA before buying a product, but, because it was so cheap, I couldn't resist, given the low ratings. Little did I know, this conditioner would leave my hair so greasy, I felt the need to wash it right after blow drying it. The texture is like body lotion, as other reviews have pointed out. It doesn't really coat my hair, more like it feels like my hair is kind of drinking it up--which may sound like a great thing..but not really. After washing it off, my hair felt soft and it smelled very nice--like fresh synthetic apples (such an oxymoron..lol), therefore I give it a 2 star rating. But it left my hair in worst shape than not putting conditioner at all. I'm glad I didn't go clearance crazy, buying 5 of these. I think I'm just going to use it as my shaving cream from now on, so it doesn't go to waste.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by crystalnoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stay away, ladies. I've never used a product that made my hair feel so heavy and down-trodden. My hair is thick, wavy, and prone to oil, and this shampoo/conditioner made it even oilier...I don't know, I've only used it four times, but once the bottle's done, I'm never repurchasing. Seriously, all day I feel like I haven't washed out my conditioner--THAT is how your hair feels. The only reason why this has three stars is because it makes my hair look reaaaally good in photographs and smells lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by LIPGLOSSADDICT1025

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for about a year now and I have to say it's really great! I do use the matching shampoo and they work really good together. The conditioner has a light fruity smell to it... It works great if you leave it in for 3 minutes. It's not heavy, and doesn't leave my hair greasy unless I use too much and don't rinse it out properly. It leaves my hair soft and smooth, with a touch of shine. It keeps my thick golden brown hair in good shape. I do'nt know why there is so much bad reviews on it. Would I repurchase? Why wouldn't I? :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by beautifullydifferentface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this conditioner for a few weeks and have to say I LOVE it. I used to use the triple nutrition conditioner before they changed the formula (not curly girl friendly). This conditioner is not only very natural, but soaks into my hair and makes it less frizzy and more shiny. I use about 1/2 a gold ball size amount for my curly chin length hair. I also love the gel in this line. Not sure what all the negative reviews are about. If you have any questions feel free to ask:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The place I live at during my school year has incredibly hard water, which makes my hair get dirty sooner, dull, and tangle up. I bought this conditioner hoping that it would make a difference. Well, it didn't, but then I can't really blame it, because nothing else has worked either. This conditioner is light in weight, has a faint smell, and is environmentally-friendly. I'm sure it works fine like any other conditioner, it's just unable to counteract the hard water problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by theflock2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This left my hair tangled and dry. Tresemme naturals line works way better, that is what I use now.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wasn't expecting much from this conditioner, just needed something simple to use so I picked this up on a whim. This has a very faint clean smell and rinses out nicely, makes my hair easy to comb after a shower. However, it can be easy to weigh hair down and make it feel a little dirty if you overuse accidentally. The product itself was okay enough to use but there are so many better conditioners out there that I don't think I'd repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Left my hair in worse shape than before using it! My hair felt incredibly weighed down, greasy, and was a tangled mess!