October 22, 2014 | 1119 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite type of lash look consists of lusciously long length, some volume (definitely not overpowering the length), and a formula that refuses to clump after layer and layer of mascara.
I'll be comparing this to Maybelline's Lash Stiletto because I only own these two mascaras.

-Neither mascaras can hold a curl.
-Lash Stiletto gets clumpy, and I usually spend extra minutes in the mirror "combing out" the clumps with a spooley or the mascara wand.
-One by One does NOT get clumpy, which I adore. And it really does separate and lengthen lashes!
-Lash Stiletto will give you a pregame version of spider lashes, One by One will not.
-This is a shot in the dark, but One by One definitely lengthened my lashes by ~2x!
-One by One looks more natural than Lash Stiletto; then again I have the ObO in a brown-black (it was the only available color) and Lash Stiletto in the blackest black.
-Despite having the brown-black shade, the mascara is dark and pitch-black - like it sucks up light instead of reflecting it.
-I have sensitive eyes, and even though ObO's brush is super chunky, it's a nice grade of silicone that's soft and non-threatening (have you ever put your mascara wand so close to your eye that you impulsively wince?! that's what I'm talking about).

What I love the most about the One by One is the lash separation! It looks much more natural than Lash Stiletto on.

I wasn't able to find this at my local Walmart or Target or any major drugstore except Walgreens and CVS (corner stores?) so I'm not sure if these are being discontinued??? On the Maybelline website, it says it's not getting discontinued but I'm seeing very limited stock where I live, and I live in a major city (Houston).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Josefinegr

This mascara is an amazing mascara that gives you volume and a bit length! It is very waterproof but it kind off wipes off through the day. My brush cracked so I only had a half brush so I threw it away! I would not buy this again cause there are some other waterproof mascaras I love more like lorèal Paris volume million lashes waterproof.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Mamclean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been looking for a waterproof mascara to keep my straight short lashes curled. I was at the Rexall (canada) and maybelline mascaras were all on sale for $4.99! I never use waterproof mascara (don't know why just never thought of it!) But after seeing a tutorial where waterproof mascara came up for holding lash curls I'd thought I'd check it out. I bought this mascara based on the review here on MUA but I have to say i'm disappointed. Yes the mascara held up my curls, but that was all it did. No volume, no length and make my lashes stiff to touch. I had also bought "the falsies waterproof" at the same time and was much happier with that purchase. The one to one mascara did not smudge or transfer during my 12hr shift which was great but was very difficult to remove, lost some lashes in the process (and believe me I can't afford to lose lashes LOL)!! Will not be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by esther22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail mascara. I used to love the maybelline rocket volume express mascara, but I ran out and decided to try this one. It turned out that I actually liked it more than that one and that was a surprise considering the rocket volume express had been my all time favourite. It is so natural and clump free. No matter how many coats I apply, it is clump free. Also, it holds a curl wonderfully and it's volumizing and lengthening. It rarely smudges and it is extremely waterproof. If you are new to mascaras or you want a natural volumizing and lengthening mascara, I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by aliciabanwell

I use to LOVE this mascara when I wanted a more natural look! It does clump after multiple coats which is great! It doesn't give a lot of volume or a lot of length but a good amount for a more natural look!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by simzbaby

My new HG mascara after Kiss Me. Doesn't clump even with double or triple coats. Doesn't smudge. Awesome product, amazing price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! I'm very impressed with this mascara. I got this on sale for $6.99 at London drugs in Canada... It's normally $10 cdn. Anywho, it really lengthened my lashes and slightly volumized them too. I also love how the plastic bristles are long enough to grab on to my lashes and really extends the length as well. The product also held my curls well and they didn't droop at all! The formula is slightly dry which I prefer because it wet formulas are too heavy for my eyelashes. I love how it doesn't smudge and doesn't make my lashes crunchy. I just don't like the packing because its so chubby. This is my current favourite maybelline mascara at the moment :)

Update: I brought this with me to London and Paris a couple of weeks ago during my vacation and it did a great job! It was really humid in London, and hot and dry in Paris (it also rained 1 day in each city when I went)... And this mascara didn't smudge! It flaked a little but no smudging! I would recommend this for those people that are travelling. I think this will be my go to drug store mascara.

July 2014: update: I just found out they will be discontinuing this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by katyrenae16

Oh. My. God. I have been hunting for my favorite mascara for EVER and I can never find it. I loved the Falsies, but it clumped sometimes. This was the last mascara from the line that I had not tried yet, because I had heard bad things about it. I finally bought it for about $6, and tried it the next day. All I can say is HOLY CRAP. I freaking love this stuff. I have pretty short lashes, and this helped lengthen them SO much. It didn't clump at all, which is a plus. However, if you are looking for a volumizing mascara, I don't think you would like this. All it reall does it lengthen, and volumize just a teeny tiny bit. I can honestly say that this is the best mascara I have ever used, I even like it better than ones I've gotten at Ulta and Sephora and all those pricier stores. BEST mascara ever. I'm in love.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by AshaleeeB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is ok, it doesnt smudge, waterproof... But i find its quite thick, which I dont personally like. I would buy it again, but not in a hurry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

This was just alright for me. I have fine thin lashes that are long so am looking for a volumizing wp mascara. This one is not it. It just defines for me and coats each lash"one by one" but gives me no volume. I do get some flaking by the end of the day. Sigh. I'm a teacher and do not have time to be checking my makeup so need something that holds up.

I'm also contact lens wearer again. This is rather harsh on my contact lens and makes me aware I'm wearing them. Other mascaras don't do that for me.

I will be moving on to other products.