October 25, 2014 | 1537 users online

Cleansers - Boots - No 7 Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I discovered Boots No. 7 Hot Cloth Cleanser a few years back at my Target not realizing it was also sold at Ulta. I had never heard of Boots and started to investigate the line of products back then, starting with the cleanser. I loved the cleanser when I first discovered it and still use it when I want to really melt my eye makeup off. Because that's what the hot muslin cloths do really, really well. Just melt the makeup off my skin. In one fell swoop, with no tugging, pulling or dragging on my skin. That's what I like.
I've never used any other muslin cloths so I cannot compare them to any others, but I do like these. I do wash them and they've lasted forever. They dry overnight when I hang them on a rack. The makeup they take off does not adhere to them either. They gently exfoliate if I want them to.
I only have to use a couple of pumps of the creamy cleanser. It's very creamy. Smooth it over your skin, run hot water through the muslin cloth, place the squeezed out hot steaming cloth over your face for a bit, and gently remove your makeup with the cloth. I just press the cloth against my eyes and my eye makeup literally is melted immediately underneath my eyes. All I have to do is swipe the cloth underneath my eyes to remove any residual. I can use a q-tip to take away any I can't reach with the cloth. It's that easy.
I would advise using a toner afterwards after rinsing. Sometimes my skin feels as if there might be some residual cream left. Boots does have a toner that I have.
The pump dispenses just the amount that you require. The cleanser lasts quite some time. It's opaque so you can see just the amount left inside and it's designed to use all that's inside. None is wasted. I've repurchased a few already over the years. You can always get them on sale either at Target or Ulta.
I took away one lippie only because it's not that squeaky clean feeling that I like, but not everybody wants that. That's my personal preference. Some prefer a softer feeling after they cleanse their face. Everyone's different. Either way, it's a great cleanser. Plus, it's a good alternative to using your battery-operated cleansing system, your manual brush system, cosmetic sponge or whatever you switch with to wash your face. I think it's probably a good idea to alternate cleansing systems for our skin anyway.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by gundieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I saw this in my friends bathroom and her skin is always perfect so I looked it up on MUA. So many good reviews so as I got my £5 off voucher I decided to try it straight away. I have been using it for 4 days. Every evening and finish it off by homemade coconut oil, lavender essential oil + castor oil serum. One pump is perfectly enough so product should last for a good while. I have never used hot cloth cleanser so can't compare it with any but it seems to be doing great work. My skin feels softer already, I haven't had any break outs. I think it's calmed my redness too. Only thing that the cloth feels rough and it does not stay hot for long. And if it would be without the voucher it would be a bit over my student budget. Overall I recommend to try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by jenlauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this at Ulta on the clearance rack for about $7. It's too expensive in real life, otherwise I wouldn't try it. Anyway, I used the cloth once and realized that the product works great on its own as a cleanser. The pump is designed by a mastermind and ensures you use every drop. I've had it for over a year now and there's still a lot of product left.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I've tried many hot cloth cleansers, ranging from high end brands (eg Eve Lom, Omorovicza etc) to high street versions. What I look for is an easy to use product that removes full makeup with minimum effort and leaves my skin soft and supple. I'm willing to pay more for this than, say, a face wash, because the ingredients stay on the face for longer. Also, if it does its job effectively, I don't need to be paying for additional bits and bobs such as eye makeup remover, nourishing face masks etc. However, what I'm finding is that hot cloth cleansers don't have to cost the earth. In fact, some of the cheaper versions are equals, in my opinion, to the pricier ones. And some are even better.
No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser (the 'Beautiful Skin' version) is one that I'd gladly repurchase.
It's a softer/lighter cream than the variously thicker/firmer/drier offerings by Liz Earle, Elemis, Soap and Glory etc, so I wasn't sure how it would fare against heavy duty makeup. I find, though, that it does a really good job. The slightly thinner texture allows it to spread beautifully (sometimes LE Cleanse and Polish seems to get sucked into my skin and needs a little water added to prevent this absorption!) And it takes off all makeup - even eye makeup - without demanding rubbing and scrubbing, and without irritation. Admittedly, because it's less concentrated than the LE version, more product is required to do a good job, but the 200ml tube still works out to be cost effective.
Personally, I love the floral smell. It's quite strong, though, which might be off-putting to some people. It's probably my favourite smelling hot cloth cleanser - and certainly a welcome break from the eucalyptus scent of the LE version!
I like to massage a generous amount directly onto makeup-wearing skin, leave it for 1-2 minutes and then remove with another brand of muslin cloth soaked in comfortably hot water. (I recommend buying a pack of the LE cloths, as they are perfectly balanced between soft and abrasive, plus they hold in the heat far more effectively than the No7 cloth.)
On bare skin, I use a couple of pumps, and it removes well, leaving my skin feeling soft and moisturised. When removing makeup, I use about double the amount (because I like a decent layer, akin to using a classic cold cream - though, that's just my preference). It removes all of my makeup and the ingredients cause no irritation. I do, however, find that it's useful then to use a toner afterwards, as the product can sometimes leave a slight residue. Even when using one or two pumps, my skin doesn't feel quite as deep cleansed as with some other versions. However, I've experienced no breakouts or decline in the appearance of my skin since using the product.
This is a lovely cleanser, which is reasonably priced (approximately 10 for 200ml plus cloth in the UK, but often available as a 3-for-2 offer), gentle and effective. I've deducted a lippie because, in addition to finding it does not give the deepest cleanse, some people might object to its containing parabens and fragrance, plus the cloth supplied isn't great. So, it's not my HG hot cloth cleanser (at the moment I'm crazy about Soap and Glory's Fab Pore), but it's one I'd happily use again.

INGREDIENTS (apologies if any typos!!):
Aqua, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cetearyl alcohol, myristyl myristate, cocoa seed butter, tribehenin, glycerin, butylene glycol, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, phenoxyethanol, panthenol, methylparaben, parfum, dipropylene glycol, ethylparaben, acrylates/C10-30 alkylacrylate crosspolymer, potassium hydroxide

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by glamourclaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I always used to cleanse with a seperate eye-makeup remover and then a foaming face wash from an English company called Homemade Naturals, I was then given a free sample of Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser...which brings me to find the Boots Hot Cloth Cleanser after a bit of research into these style cleansers. I wear full make up every day and I am so pleased that this Boots cleanser melts everything away, including eyemakeup, and leaves my skin soft and comfortable. I havent tried this with waterproof mascara. Yes the muslin cloth is rubbish, I use a face flannel. The pump is brilliant, a perfect measure and hygenic, and you can see how much product is left. I love it and when there is one of their offers on, its such a bargain. I cant see me changing my cleanser anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by varmintrifle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser makes me look forward to washing my face every night. It removes my makeup successfully and without as much effort as other cleansers I've used. I don't find myself having to wash my face twice in order to get the makeup I missed around my nostrils. My face feels genuinely clean and fresh after cleansing, not squeaky and stripped of all moisture. I tried only one hot cloth cleanser before this, Soap and Glory Fab Pore, and while I loved the idea of it, it broke me out. This one doesn't do that. It also has a very, very pleasant scent and the packaging makes it feel more expensive than it actually is. I think it'd make a great stocking stuffer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by abmnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. It cleanses your skin beautifully without stripping it and you're left with soft, supple skin. Admittedly, this is the only hot cloth cleanser I've ever, so I can't draw a comparison the the ever famous Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser. But I will say, that even though the Liz Earle is more natural and seems to have generally better ingredients, I'm not one who believes that you can benefit greatly from your cleanser. I think all your cleanser is meant to do is remove makeup and dirt, it doesn't stay on your skin long enough to do much else. If it can do that without stripping your skin of its oils, all the better.

Anyhow, I double cleanse. First I use one pump to remove my makeup, which it does perfectly (note that I don't wear heavy eye makeup, if you do I'd recommend a separate eye makeup remover). Then I open my pores by splashing hot/warm water on my face. I dry off my face and apply another pump of the cleanser and thoroughly massage it into my skin. I don't use the muslin cloth the cleanser came with because it's a bit flimsy and it doesn't retain heat very well; I bought muslin cloth on Amazon for a very low price. This is my second bottle of the cleanser and I anticipate buying more! I have combination/oily skin which lately has been getting very dry in some parts, and this cleanser helps keep my skin in check.

One lippy off because I think it could be a few dollars cheaper, it's $10.50 at Target, and the muslin cloth it comes with is fairly bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by mayaonfiya

Love this stuff. It gets my skin very clean without stripping it, it's relaxing to use, the smell is wonderful, and it's so affordable that I can use it twice a day without feeling like I'm being terribly wasteful. The pump dispenser works perfectly and the bottle looks lovely sitting out by the sink. I've only been using it for about a week so it's still too early to really judge, but my skin looks and feels fantastic so far. As others have mentioned, the muslin cloth that comes with the cleanser is pretty useless, so I just use one of my regular terry washcloths. I'd been seriously thinking about spending the money to have Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser shipped to me in the US, but I'm totally satisfied with this cleanser. I think I've found my perfect daily cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by farrahk

i actually rate this more then the liz earle cleanse and polish. i find this is more creamy and therefore i'm more able to work it into the skin and provide a much better cleanser. the liz earle is i find to be a lot more of a stiffer cream. having used both now i would definately repurchase this version used in conjuction with a decent muslin cloth i believe this product is brilliant the muslin cloth which comes with this is slightly inferior quality to the ones which come with liz earle but you can purchase these cloths separately from ebay or other retailers, also i believe it to be at a brilliant price point and i will definately stock up when i get more boots vouchers, also i love the fact that you can tell exactly how much you have left in this, as the little indicator moves further and further up, whereas with liz earle it was extremely difficult to tell only did i relise when my pump stopped pumping product out. anyway i love this product leaves no oily residue just leaves my skin feeling nice and plump and would recommend this to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by kmkaram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin that rarely breaks out. I usually use cold cream but was starting to get irritated with the residual oil left on my skin, especially in the morning under makeup. I don't wear a lot of eye makeup, so I can't speak to the Boots Hot Cloth Cleanser's ability to dissolve eye kohl or mascara, but it nicely dissolves foundation and cream eye shadow. I was mostly searching for something that would have enough moisture for my skin but could also be used with my Clarisonic brush. I do really think this provides enough moisture to compete with my Ponds Cold Cream BUT it dissolves nicely in water and comes completely off my face after rinsing. A keeper in my skincare routine!