October 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Skin Illuminating Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by willcaro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wish there was a "maybe" button to select as to whether I would buy this again or not. I personally have oily skin, so I don't really need anything that has "illuminating" properties but, once I've got my foundation on, the shimmer looks more natural. I don't mind the silicone feel and it helps my liquid foundation glide on super smoothly as well as my concealers. I have used better primers, but for the price and if I ran out of this and couldn't get to a department store to buy the bare minerals primer, I would buy this again. It does make my make up last but I use a separate primer for my eye shadow because this doesn't quite do the trick for dramatic eye shadow looks. I read that this gave another reviewer cystic acne, which I also have acne prone skin that is VERY oily, but I haven't had that problem.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I love how smooth this is and how easy it makes applying makeup. I like the non-sparkly one better though but you can't tell the sparkle is there after you apply foundation. I think this is great for the price

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is my new holy grail primer!!! I love the slight lavender color for correcting- and the sheen sparkles in it are beautiful but barley noticeable. When I first put it on- it feels like a powdery gel and it goes on so smoothly, like a dream. The packaging is a nice squeezy tube! Only $7. Perfect! Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mercurytango

I bought this primer because where I bought it, literally ALL the Hard Candy primers had been tampered with except for a couple near the back. So I picked up this one and it's alright.

I think the consistency is getting thicker as time goes on. At the beginning it went on pretty smoothly. Now the consistency is a bit more goopy than I would like. But it is getting warmer, so many this is a better winter primer than a 'sweat-proof' primer.

The 'illuminating' part of the primer doesn't really show through that much. Apparently you can wear this stuff alone, I can't really see why you would since it's really obvious where you've put it on. You really have to smear this stuff around to "blend it".

Primer-wise, it really keeps my concealer on for ages. I have the darkest circles so when I smear on my concealer I usually put some of this primer underneath, and it holds up well enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by lovemejuicy

I will never buy this again. It feels greasy and I hate the silicone feel of it as well but worst than is this product gave me cystic acne! The only good thing about this is the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

It doesn't work... At all! Doesn't make makeup last any longer or prevent creases. It has a gooey consistency and it has a foul smell. I did find a purpose for it though, as an eyeshadow primer. I figured my eyeshadows last longer and look prettier if I apply a tiny amount on my eyelids previous to application. I'm still looking for a great primer that is not so expensive, *sigh*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Thick, gel-like consistency.Applies easily. Lavender colored but doesn't show up as lender on my skin. Smoothed my skin well. Felt a little dry, but I really like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by rainbowrivulets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have combo skin, shinier t-zone but not usually "oily"... Blackheads and what not.

Good:
Powder sticks on better
Bad:
Gave me cystic acne on my nose. Augh.
Can't say foundation or concealer lasts longer
The texture is really thick and doesn't apply well with a brush, it just.. pills :S

So no, I would not buy this again. I may use it on my cheeks because I had no problems there but definitely not on the t-zone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by xcannibaldollx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really notice a difference in my makeup when I wear this. I have combination skin, and in the winter time I use a foundation for dry skin. I notice at the end of the day my makeup will still look freshly applied if I take the extra step and put this on before my makeup. You don't need very much of it! And for $8, I don't think you need to spend money on a high end primer!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using MAC Prep+Prime for years but was being cheap one day and decided to try this. What a mistake! Used it for a week and noticed I was getting pimples. I also dislike the slick 'silicone-y' feeling of it...feels like it never sinks in, just sits on top of your face. Tossed it and have been using the Prep+Prime Natural Radiance, which I love! Guess this product works for some, but not for me.