Hard Candy Sheer Envy Skin Illuminating Primer

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This was a good primer for the time I used it. It goes on smoothly, but feels a bit slippery and very silicon-esque. I could live with the sparkle it dispersed all over my face, as foundation usually covers it well enough. I could do with a bit more lasting time with this primer, but for what is costs, I liked what I did get. I will not be repurchasing, unless I have to.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It feels weird to put this product on, but it really helps me not look like a greaseball all day. If you have oily/acne prone/combo skin this is good stuff. The price is a lot for me though.. $8

I was looking for a good as well as cheap primer at Walmart, and this caught my eye. Sadly, it did not work for me. It felt way too greasy and slimy, and it didn't really do anything for my makeup. I might use it on occasion, just so I get my money's worth, but I really don't like it. Honestly, I am not a fan of Hard Candy cosmetics. They really need to put better ingredients into their products. I am very unimpressed with their stuff, especially with this primer. Not repurchasing.

Flared up my acne and made my oily zones even worse, while the other primers by hard candy worked well this one just seems too greasy. Gave me blackheads and larger comedones. Would not recommend to people with oily or acne prone skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have oily skin, this product made me even more oiler. But at night It looked way better, as long as I wasn't sweating or in daylight. I returned.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I wish there was a "maybe" button to select as to whether I would buy this again or not. I personally have oily skin, so I don't really need anything that has "illuminating" properties but, once I've got my foundation on, the shimmer looks more natural. I don't mind the silicone feel and it helps my liquid foundation glide on super smoothly as well as my concealers. I have used better primers, but for the price and if I ran out of this and couldn't get to a department store to buy the bare minerals primer, I would buy this again. It does make my make up last but I use a separate primer for my eye shadow because this doesn't quite do the trick for dramatic eye shadow looks. I read that this gave another reviewer cystic acne, which I also have acne prone skin that is VERY oily, but I haven't had that problem.

I love how smooth this is and how easy it makes applying makeup. I like the non-sparkly one better though but you can't tell the sparkle is there after you apply foundation. I think this is great for the price

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is my new holy grail primer!!! I love the slight lavender color for correcting- and the sheen sparkles in it are beautiful but barley noticeable. When I first put it on- it feels like a powdery gel and it goes on so smoothly, like a dream. The packaging is a nice squeezy tube! Only $7. Perfect! Will repurchase.

I bought this primer because where I bought it, literally ALL the Hard Candy primers had been tampered with except for a couple near the back. So I picked up this one and it's alright.

I think the consistency is getting thicker as time goes on. At the beginning it went on pretty smoothly. Now the consistency is a bit more goopy than I would like. But it is getting warmer, so many this is a better winter primer than a 'sweat-proof' primer.

The 'illuminating' part of the primer doesn't really show through that much. Apparently you can wear this stuff alone, I can't really see why you would since it's really obvious where you've put it on. You really have to smear this stuff around to "blend it".

Primer-wise, it really keeps my concealer on for ages. I have the darkest circles so when I smear on my concealer I usually put some of this primer underneath, and it holds up well enough.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I will never buy this again. It feels greasy and I hate the silicone feel of it as well but worst than is this product gave me cystic acne! The only good thing about this is the price.

Popular Primer/ Correctors