Hard Candy Sheer Envy Skin Illuminating Primer

3.4

on 10/15/2013 3:49:00 PM

Flared up my acne and made my oily zones even worse, while the other primers by hard candy worked well this one just seems too greasy. Gave me blackheads and larger comedones. Would not recommend to people with oily or acne prone skin.

on 8/9/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have oily skin, this product made me even more oiler. But at night It looked way better, as long as I wasn't sweating or in daylight. I returned.

on 8/7/2013 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I wish there was a "maybe" button to select as to whether I would buy this again or not. I personally have oily skin, so I don't really need anything that has "illuminating" properties but, once I've got my foundation on, the shimmer looks more natural. I don't mind the silicone feel and it helps my liquid foundation glide on super smoothly as well as my concealers. I have used better primers, but for the price and if I ran out of this and couldn't get to a department store to buy the bare minerals primer, I would buy this again. It does make my make up last but I use a separate primer for my eye shadow because this doesn't quite do the trick for dramatic eye shadow looks. I read that this gave another reviewer cystic acne, which I also have acne prone skin that is VERY oily, but I haven't had that problem.

on 7/25/2013 1:21:00 AM

I love how smooth this is and how easy it makes applying makeup. I like the non-sparkly one better though but you can't tell the sparkle is there after you apply foundation. I think this is great for the price

on 7/19/2013 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is my new holy grail primer!!! I love the slight lavender color for correcting- and the sheen sparkles in it are beautiful but barley noticeable. When I first put it on- it feels like a powdery gel and it goes on so smoothly, like a dream. The packaging is a nice squeezy tube! Only $7. Perfect! Will repurchase.

on 6/12/2013 11:24:00 PM

I bought this primer because where I bought it, literally ALL the Hard Candy primers had been tampered with except for a couple near the back. So I picked up this one and it's alright.

I think the consistency is getting thicker as time goes on. At the beginning it went on pretty smoothly. Now the consistency is a bit more goopy than I would like. But it is getting warmer, so many this is a better winter primer than a 'sweat-proof' primer.

The 'illuminating' part of the primer doesn't really show through that much. Apparently you can wear this stuff alone, I can't really see why you would since it's really obvious where you've put it on. You really have to smear this stuff around to "blend it".

Primer-wise, it really keeps my concealer on for ages. I have the darkest circles so when I smear on my concealer I usually put some of this primer underneath, and it holds up well enough.

on 4/20/2013 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I will never buy this again. It feels greasy and I hate the silicone feel of it as well but worst than is this product gave me cystic acne! The only good thing about this is the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

It doesn't work... At all! Doesn't make makeup last any longer or prevent creases. It has a gooey consistency and it has a foul smell. I did find a purpose for it though, as an eyeshadow primer. I figured my eyeshadows last longer and look prettier if I apply a tiny amount on my eyelids previous to application. I'm still looking for a great primer that is not so expensive, *sigh*

on 3/1/2013 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Thick, gel-like consistency.Applies easily. Lavender colored but doesn't show up as lender on my skin. Smoothed my skin well. Felt a little dry, but I really like it.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have combo skin, shinier t-zone but not usually "oily"... Blackheads and what not.

Good:
Powder sticks on better
Bad:
Gave me cystic acne on my nose. Augh.
Can't say foundation or concealer lasts longer
The texture is really thick and doesn't apply well with a brush, it just.. pills :S

So no, I would not buy this again.

Popular Primer/ Correctors