Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit (Reformulated & New packaging 2011)

3.3

on 5/4/2014 5:56:00 PM

I love Bobbi Brown concealer. This concealer is creamy and blend so easy and not sticky. I have pretty bad dark circle. I used eye cream BB corrector and this concealer kit my color is Warm Beige great coverage.

on 4/15/2014 5:35:00 AM

Pros: good packaging, good colours. Cons: no lasting power, concealer part cakes and gets stuck in lines, powder too heavy for under eyes and causes caking. Also, the powder accentuates dryness.

This concealer has a tacky texture that is difficult to apply without tugging. It makes the lines under my eyes more prominent, an effect augmented by layering with the powder included or Bobbi Brown's corrector. The compact packaging with mirror suggests this is something to carry with you for touching up, yet it isn't very hygienic to use without two brushes for the respective products. My MUFE full cover concealer (a squeeze tube) and YSL Touche Eclat pen both do more to cover my under eye circles.

on 2/27/2014 12:12:00 AM

I was really taken over with the packaging of this product and i bought it together with correcter. And i really don't understand if i just can't apply it wrong or it is really that bad! I tried to apply it waiting for it settle before i apply the powder i tried to apply and then setting it with a different powder and nothing works! It creases like hell and makes me look like an old lady just after 15 min after application. I also tried to use the powder from the set on top pf my regular consealer and it is really really bad! I have to also mention that after i use this product i got this small kind of dots on my under eye area! And it was just simply horrifying, and they only go away after a week or so. Net - this is a horrible product not worth spending that much money on.

on 1/8/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This kit is good it really does make the under eye area look lighter and brighter when used with the bb. Corrector. If you get the balance of under eye cream and concealer right then it looks really good but when u apply the powder and if ur a bit dry then it's fatal... It can look so Cakey and emphasise lines and wrinkles drastically! But on a whole it's a really good product when used right. After using it a while though I did notice I had little pimples around my nose/eye area ... Hopefully it's nothing to so with product!

on 1/5/2014 3:19:00 PM

Its great for certain areas. The staying power is wonderful. Overpriced for the amount you get. I bought it once and bought it again but its not a favorite. I alternate depending on what I need. I can see how it can be drying so you def need to moisturize and use a primer first. If you dont over apply its not cakey and sits nicely on your skin.

on 12/12/2013 12:18:00 AM

Overall, I don't know what I like about this product.
Bobbi Brown was one of the first concealer makers, but with this concealer kit, I think it's totally overrated. I am in shade Sand.
First, cream concealer is very sheer, so you need to build up a few times with your finger tip or concealer brush. With the pale yellow power next to it, it is also very sheer and transparent, so it's hard to see its effects.

Though it works, and with a nice sleek packaging, I probably would not repurchase when I finish. ( not sure if I am ever going to finish this as I don't reach as much as for my other concealers)
It feels like I am adding another my expensive cosmetic collections but not much usage out of it. I would feel better if it is durable, and good quality product, so I don't regret buying expensive stuffs.

on 10/12/2013 2:45:00 PM

I have tried a lot of concealers and this is the only one I trust and just keeping going back to. Tried Maybelline, Neutrogena, Laura Mercier, etc., concealers and they were either not enough coverage or ended up dry and making my blemishes all flaky. My color is Ivory and it's the perfect shade. Not too creamy or too dry. Just right! Been using it for almost 6 years now!!!

Update- this is still a great concealer, but marked off two lippies because I'm no longer in denial...this stuff can cause clogged pores.... gahhh. When I was on acne medicine and my skin was flawless, this concealer never caused acne. I think that if your skin is pretty much clear, this wouldn't cause too many problems. But if you have a lot of problem areas, and try to cover up the whole area with this concealer...it might extend the life of the zits.

on 9/26/2013 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

PACKAGING: very compact. easy to carry everywhere. I pop this in my purse so that I am able to touch up as and when I want. Kind of unhygienic because you have to ensure that your hands are clean before you place your finger in the product since it is a cream. Since there is moisture in it, bacteria is able to grow on it so I don't really like the idea of rubbing my finger in this and applying to the skin. For the price tag that I paid for, they should have given a brush along with it so that I could use it more conveniently.

PRODUCT: blends easily. I mainly use this for my undereyes because it does not crease and I set it with the powder that comes along with it. I do not use on the face because it is too expensive. Pigmented but I feel that I have other concealers that are as pigmented for example my Mac Pro Longwear Concealer and Mac Studio Finish Concealer and they come is SOOOOO MUCH MORE product!

LONGEVITY: Since it is a cream, it does not really last long on my oily and sensitive skin. I live in a humid weather with temperatures of 27 to 32 degrees Celsius on average and this lasts for only about 4-5 hours before it started to fade.

PRICE: OMG THIS THING IS SO OVERPRICED! Comes with little product and yet is so expensive! I feel that the powder is really useless because I have other powders that I can use to set it. It would be better if it comes with a corrector or something. I asked the MUA whether I can have a corrector and concealer in it and she said no. Maybe Bobbi Brown should consider customizing things to customer's preferences.

In conclusion, I would not recommend this if you are finding and everyone concealer unless you are loaded and would spend tons of money on makeup. I paid about SGD$50 for this and I could get a Mac foundation with that price tag! Mac concealers comes with so much more product and I really feel that this is not worth my money.

Product is good but won't ever repurchase because of the price tag and the amount that is in this. There are seriously other concealers out there that are much better quality.

My boyfriend bought me this as a gift after i'd been super curious as it claims to not crease in fine lines.
When i first used this it was brilliant, (i own 13 concealers, none have really worked high and low end, and my dark circles are verrrry purple), it has great coverage but straight away it did set into my fine lines on both eyes, i didnt even realise i had lines on one of my eyes! The powder just made it look very cakey, especially in proper light. The only plus to this concealer is its thick enough by itself, you dont have to use another concealer with it and when i look in the mirror somewhere else in my house or out and about its covered my dark circles completely and looks great...even if it is a bit cakey. I'm glad i got this as a gift cause i wouldnt pay £24 (GB price) for it.