Cover Girl lip perfection/heavenly

4.3

on 3/24/2012 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried quite a few of the shades from the Lip Perfection range and find that the formula is fantastic. It really is long wearing and the deeper shades even leave a really good stain. I find that heavenly is no exception. There is not discernible obnoxious scent and it just glides on effortlessly and it lasts. I am not crazy about the shade. I find it to be a very standard boring shade of warm medium pink that just doesn't do much for me. There is nothing interesting about it and I find the color dated. Other than that the formula is great.

on 3/24/2012 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Gorgeous coral pink shade, swatches similar to WNW Within These Adobe Walls and Bobbi Brown Miami Coral (both HG corals for me). Consistency is creamy and moisturizing and feels much better on my lips than Romance, another shade that I have from this line. I love that it doesn't pull any brown (Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Peach did this to me) - it's just a very fresh, pretty shade that brightens up my pale complexion. Another reviewer also mentioned it as a dupe for NYX Tea Rose, but on my NW15 skin, Tea Rose is more of a deeper pink while Heavenly is clearly coral (pink/orange).

on 1/6/2012 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Heavenly is the lovliest midtone pink rose with the faintest faintest microshimmer barely visible on the lip. I see virtually no peach in my my tube but, my skin/lip doesn't pull out warm tones either. Not super creamy but more sheer in consistancy. I purchased a few other colors from this line and for the price do like them very much. However, I have found that some of the colors are very saturated and turn odd tones the longer I wear them. That hasn't happened here. Also, I don't care for the scent (plastic & vanilla?) and how this fades/wears off on my lips. Warning: uneven and staining. If I'm not careful in diligently reapplying I look like I slept in my lipstick after too much drinky drink! On the plus side I have received numerous compliments from strangers when wearing this. I might add these ladies are exotic looking and stunning in their own right, so their compliment is coveted. This is a great mid winter pick me up pink without being Summer looking. I plan on wearing this during my March caribbean trip. Wears more evenly and lasts long on me when applied over Blistex and used with a deeper rose liner. Excellent product.

on 1/2/2012 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

So smooth, pigmented, hydrating and pretty! This color is a pretty pink/coral lipstick with the tiniest amount of brightness, it really goes well with coral peach and pink blushes and is just so easy to go with. One of my fav go to lippies that I bring with me everywhere, and I love mixing this lipcolor with others that aren't as bright to make it more subtle and pretty.

on 11/9/2011 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my first experience with CG lip perfection lipsticks. The color is such a girly pink cream that was under the neutral section of color choices. But I can see how others describe it as a coral because it does lean on the warm side once I put it on. (NC25 here) It is a beautiful beautiful color more appropriate for spring/summer imo. The scent is a bit overpowering and the chemically taste tends to seep into my mouth even after careful dabbing.When I first apply it, it feels silky and moist/has a nice sheen but after maybe less than an hour or so of wear it tends to dry up on my lips and look more matte. I think I will use my lip balm under this from now on. It also leaves a stain behind when it wears off. I guess I dont mind that. The packaging is a bit nicer than Maybelline Colorsensational. I had a coupon to get this for free when I purchased my Olay moisturizer. I was running low on that so why not. Otherwise it is $7.49 @ Wags..

on 10/29/2011 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great lipstick! I don't usually buy lipsticks because they always seem to look so cakey to me, but this one is really good. First of all, the color is amazing. I ordered it online so I couldn't try it beforehand, but the risk was worth it - it's this really pretty pink, somewhat nude color that really gives you this fresh, awakened look. Other than that, it goes on smoothly - I apply lipgloss above it anyway, but I think it goes on smoothly enough to even go without. (I just really hate anything that looks even a tiny bit cakey, and the lipstick isn't perfect so it is a bit cakey, but nothing terrible.) As far as how long it lasts... it's definitely not bad. I can't remember how well it lasts with food and drink, but without those it definitely lasted a good couple hours for me. Although I do, unfortunately, think it disappeared after eating/drinking. But still, I would buy it again. :)

on 10/9/2011 1:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I certainly don't go for dark or hot pink lipstinks because they make my lips appear smaller and make me look like either a hooker or granny. So I lean more towards nude pinks. Swapping this on my palm at the store this definitely tricked me into thinking it was a nudish pink.

However came back home only to find it wasn't... yet looked wonderful on me! Its pink with a hint of redish orange which looks pretty great on me. Definitely a color I didn't expect to like if given the description.

on 9/6/2011 9:23:00 PM

Gorgeous lipstick! It's so long wearing! I can't believe it stayed on me through eating and drinking. It's bright, but wearable for everyday. I absolutely love it.

on 6/20/2011 9:55:00 PM

I would describe this as a warmer pink. Not coral or orange. I normally go for berries but this is a beautiful spring shade that definitely brightens up my smile. I highly recommend!

on 4/18/2011 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This shade is a peachy pink on me. It's very natural, but gives my lips life and brightens up my face. I love the formula too. I think this is going to be my go to lipstick shade.

Popular Lipsticks