July 30, 2014 | 1064 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by TwiDay

This is hands down the best facial cleansing product I've used. It keeps my oily skin under control, it helps even out any redness. I still get a small breakout when it's that time of the month but even then this product makes the pimples small and not painful unlike the usual massive blind pimples I was getting each month. It is a little a expensive but I don't mind paying that for a product that works this well. Remember to be gentle while applying it otherwise it may hurt your skin a little bit. The smell is divine. I was originally put off when the sales assistant told me it smelt like margarita but it's not over powering and makes it feel that you've actually cleaned your skin. I LOVE the packaging is simple, cute and effective and with Lush's policy of bringing back 5 clean tubs into a store and getting a fresh face mask for free in return, how could you go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm only 24, but i've used A LOT of skincare products over those 24 years; especially this last year when i've really become serious about taking better care of my skin. I've used a plethora of cleansers, moisturizers and scrubs/exfoliators. This sea salt scrub from LUSH is incredible. I've only been using it for a week (every other day) but i already beyond love it. The smell is amazing, it smells like a citrus-y margarita. I ordered it online, and after reading a ton of reviews on it, knew to mix mix mix before using. Even if you get them to mix it in the store for you, or think you've mixed it enough, mix some more. There are fine salt pieces, but there are also big chunks that could probably do some damage if just smeared around. The one thing i will warn you about is it does sting a little bit. Not even just on open pimples or anything either. Even on the clear parts of my skin it stung. Personally i actually kind of like it when a skincare product tingles a bit (makes me feel like its really working) so i like this, and it doesn't last terribly long anyways. You also have to be VERY gentle when you're rubbing this around, it is pretty abrasive (which is also why i dont think i could use this everyday) but i can honestly say i have never used an exfoliator that leaves my skin as soft as this. Honestly feels like silk. I will repurchase this forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this and I love it. It is a course scrub that washes off clean. It has a light scent that I enjoy. I had a cut on my finger and it burned a bit so make sure you don't have any paper cuts while using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by MariahGabrielle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with Ocean Salt, hands down. The smell is divine, it's like you're on a beach with a nice margarita in your hand. The scrub has a top layer of larger more coarse salt and then smaller more fine salt mixed in. I find this works best if before use you stir the contents that way you get an even amount of the larger and smaller salt. It is quite abrasive but I love a tough exfoliater. And with a light hand and soft rubbing motions it works great on the face. I find it does burn a bit especially when I have a breakout but that could be from the vodka infused properties. It brightens and leave the skin feeling so smooth. The only downfall if I had to pick one would be the price point. A small jar for around 23. But it works so well it's worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by bradfordnat1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fabulous product. The only thing is that I can only use this during certain time (like when my skin is oily). It's so refreshing and just feels so nice. I will buy this again, but it is expensive so it's best used sparingly. It's almost $20 for a small container so it is worth it, but only for special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by emjanetemp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product costs around $20 for a fairly small jar of facial scrub, when I first received the scrub the amount of scrub you get for the price is kind of deceiving. After using this product my views changed completely, I was 100% happy with my purchase and did not regret it at all, in fact I would definitely purchase this again! Some people find that it is too rough to use on your face and use it as a body scrub, but I find that if you just scrub very lightly is isn't too harsh on your face at all and it removes all my my dead skin, I really enjoy the texture of this scrub, it also makes my skin feel SO soft afterward. On top of all of this it has a great smell which I really enjoy. You only need to use a small amount of scrub so it will last you very long (unless your using it as a body scrub). Overall a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by MeliMelzxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

AMAZING! My holy grail product! I have the worst acne prone skin (I'm 25 and still have acne) nothing and I mean NOTHING has ever worked (neither prescription acne creams, antibiotics or drugstore items). This completely cleared my skin up within a WEEK of use! This product is not targeted for acne, is actually more just an exfoliator however the sea salt, fresh vodka infused lime juice and other various ingredients are wonderful for treating acne! I use a hand held face brush from sephora to scrub my face with this! Leaves it smelling so fresh, feeling super soft and mostly acne free! I've repurchased 3 times and will continue to use! I recommend this to anyone who has problem skin like mine, anyone who loves exfoliators and anyone who loves a fresh super clean, soft cleansed face :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Jennitilling

It's great for before showering because it's fairly abrasive and you can use it on your face for dry patches or just to clear dead skin! It's not good for sensitive skin but it doubles as a facial and body scrub so you could use it on your legs or arms

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I'm torn about Ocean Salt. On the one hand, I *love* that way it smells, and I do like how my skin feels after using it. However, I was hoping the scrub would be a little saltier. It's just not quite as scrubby as I like my scrubs to be! And it's hella pricey. So while I may buy it again for the divine price, it's not something I feel like I always want to have on hand.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by azottl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love most of my LUSH products, but was a little disappointed by this product. Firstly, the price you pay for the product is excessive for the amount of product you get. The brand claims that this is a face and body scrub. If you were to use this to scrub your legs, for example, you could essentially use half the pot in one use. With that being said, the scrub does work well when used as a body scrub - it sloughs any dry skin easily and brightens the appearance of your skin.
Secondly, I would not recommend this product to use as a face scrub. It is way too gritty to be used on delicate skin - it feels rough and burns afterwards, even if you rub gently. If you insist on using this product as a face scrub, use a very small amount and rub lightly. However, it does leave your skin looking fresh and polished, but again, if you insist on using it, I wouldn't recommend using it more than twice a week.
The scent is reminiscent of a margarita with a small hint of sea salt. The scent is quite strong, so I would not recommend using this if you are sensitive to smell. Overall, the product is not necessarily bad, but for the reason listed above I would not repurchase the product.