October 24, 2014 | 1209 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by beccaduncan23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this up a few weeks ago on my first lush haul. I heard it was amazing and needed to give it a try! I've used it twice so far. The first thing I've noticed is that it is very exfoliating; almost too exfoliating. I wouldn't recommend using this more than once a week. Used sparingly, this stuff is awesome, it does a great job at removing dead skin and cells, leaving your skin buffed and smooth. It smells lovely like the ocean; and Includes all natural ingredients, as do all lush products! I would probably purchase this again, if the price were to go down just a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by jessicaogarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scrub is ah-mazing. The ocean salt granules provide a deep and extremely cleansing scrub that leaves my face feeling baby smooth, and glowing too. The texture of the scrub is rather coarse (I therefore would steer clear for those with sensitive skin), which I love because it gets rid of all my pesky dry patches, and cleanses my pores too. Even though it is intensely exfoliating I don't ever fell dry afterwards because of the creamy, hydrating base. My skin is normly/combination though...those prone to dryness might not experience this. It smells lovely and fresh too, and is an absolute joy to use. It is quite pricey, and for that reason I'd definitely recommend asking LUSH for a sample before buying, but more than worth it. This scrub is an 11/10 for me =)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by kmb96

I'm currently on my 5th pot of this! It is amazing, a gentle yet effective scrub. It makes my combination skin smooth and removes any oils. It smells good and removes dead skin, leaving your face feeling great!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by kikamadonna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this ocean salt and have used it every other day in the face. I let it stay on for about 10 after I scrubbed the face. I think my skin looks fresher after I started using ocean salt.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by missmetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Today my LUSH products arrived in the mail, I recieved OCEAN SALT SCRUB & BUBBLEGUM LIP SCRUB, with a free sample of a cinnamon cleaner. I had a shower and tested the ocean salt scrub, my first impression is that the exfoliating is great, it definitely gets all of the dead skin off, however....it made my skin feel so dry! I then used my sample cleanser to see if that worked any better, it made my face feel really oily!!! Now that my skin has dried off, it does feel clean, but I feel as if there is a small overlay of oil on my skin. The lip scrub is amazing though... I would buy that again. But not the other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by AcapellaDitty

When my face is in desperate need of a good overhaul this is the first product i reach for. My skin is not sensitive so the super scrubby Ocean Salt does wonders for me. I find it much easier to apply to a dry face and buff away (a wet face seems to dissolve most of the salt) and my face always feels much cleaner and softer afterwards.

With ingredients like vodka, coconut, salt and lime it does excellent things for the skin but TERRIBLE things to the tastebuds if you're unfortunate enough to accidentally taste it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've forgotten how much I loved this!! I never get to a Lush often and after using it again after a while of using other exfoliants I find this really makes my skin super smooth like a baby's bottom. My skin isn't sensitive so it works very well. I love that it doesn't smell and if I get any near my mouth it just tastes like salt. I only use it in the shower every other day. After using it I can't stop touching my face (even though I know touching my face is a no no.) The salt is naturally antibacterial so it really benefits acne prone skin. It also has a beautiful blue tone to it, even though it doesn't do anything for your skin...but it's nice to look at. It feels like a spa sea salt scrub you get at the spa!! Oh and not to mention, my skin feels squeaky clean without feeling over dry! Bonus!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Sara_1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This scrub is too harsh for using on your face, but can be nice as a body or foot scrub.

The salt can sting your skin though (if using on cuts or any sort of irritated skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by 07words

At first, I thought this was too harsh for my skin but i've eventually found my love for it.

I use this twice a week and scrub my face gently with it using a small amount. You need to watch out for sharp bits as they will hurt if you scrub your face too hard. The vodka in the ingredients is good as a toner, you can feel it getting to work on your skin. After washing this off with warm water, my skin is left feeling extremely smooth and not dry at all.

I've given up on all other exfoliators - this is my favourite. If only they'd now reduce the price (they put it up by 1).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first, I bought this to exfoliate my dry skin. (I always have flakey skin) I found it to be too harsh, irritating and drying my skin too much.

However, it works well as an acne spot treatment for me. Its also been verryyyyy handy to exfoliate my body before shaving so that's how I usually use it now.