Cover Girl Lip Perfection - 405 Fairytale

3.5

I love these lipsticks from this Lip Perfection line, Enthrall was my spring/summer coral color and I was looking for something different to brighten up my face for fall/winter but really wasn't looking for a red so I went out on a limb and got this bright pink one,, i'm a pale blue eyed redhead and this color brightens my whole face w/o having to wear gad of other makeup,, lil blush, simple eye and shazaam! ,, unlike the other color I had this one does seem a little drying so either applying a balm before or after does help,,, it DOES stain which is you don't want that could be an issue but if you're like me and feel entirely jipped by a product that fades this sucker will last,, in fact the color stains so well really all you need to pack is a balm if you're packing light to go over and keep it moist.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Shade description: bright red coral

Pros

- pigmented
- long wearing

Cons

- stains lips
- drying

Comments: Such a pretty color. It's an incredibly bright shade of coral with red undertones, so it just looks classic against my skin tone. It's gorgeous. I just hate that these lipsticks stain the lips so bad, besides that...great buy.

Will repurchase.

Most people probably won't experience this, but this was like a love affair gone completely wrong. Agree w/positive reviews re color (beautiful on trend corally pink), good coverage and texture. But problems for me were -- it stains incredibly strong/after one hour or less/which I realize can be good or bad (I scrubbed vigorously w/vaseline, sugar scrub etc but to no avail). BUT bigger problem was that it kind of bleeds/migrates, such that the stain is mostly gone in middle of lips, but dark stain all around -- leaving me with a noticeably lip color middle part surrounded by dark color. Not good. Also stains to a darker coral/almost red color, which is not what I bargained for. If this had stained evenly, the color change wouldn't have bothered me as much. Maybe a unique experience to me, and I envy those who don't have similar problems, bc it is a lovely color -- at first.

This was gross and chalky!! Pretty packaging, though, but the "barbie pink" color looks so fake on me!! I guess its okay with a balm (it tones down the color), but it honestly made me look like a bimbo. Very loud!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These lipsticks are a fail for one reason...they all stain your lips. If that's what you are looking for then these are great. I'm not. They also bleed even with lip liner. Colors are nice, packaging is great, just didn't work for me.

This is a great lipstick color for spring. I was looking for Toxic Tale from MAC, and found this to be a close dupe. Its not exact as the finishes are different but the look is there. Feels great on, and will buy more. Its been over 10 years since Ive purchased a CG lipstick as they used to suck. Not anymore. Love the new formula

The best part about this product is the color -- I've been looking for a lipstick in this color forever! Everything this bright is usually either too coral or too blue-based fuchsia, but this is a great, warm, bright pink color that, on me, does not lean much toward coral. I took the advice of below reviewers and applied it with my finger for a more subtle tint, or if I'm going for a bold bright lip, I apply it right out of the tube. Either one looks good -- they're just varying intensity. As others have said, it is a bit drying, so applying lip balm before or after (or both) is essential. (Korres lip butter in pomegranate is the perfect color match!) But it's a great price and it lasts forever, so definitely worth a try!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

fairytale is a creamy bright coral.i wear this lipstick with a bright red-pink lip liner.it's verry pretty! Some say that it's a dupe for nicky minaj viva glam lipstick! When you're tanned,this lipstick is awsome!verry creamy,last verry long! Goes well with:grey,nude,rose-gold,black,plum,purple,lilac,lime green eye shadows! Or just with a simple black eye liner! Love it!

I love this color, but you absolutely have to moisturize before applying this lipstick.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Fairytale is a sexy, gorgeous, daring hot pink lipstick with just a slight hint of orange undertones. One swipe of this shade and you are in for an instant mood lifter. This shade of hot pink is a vintage pink that never goes out of style and it is very pigmented and long wearing! It is a bit drying though because it has a slight matte finish. I also have Cover Girl Lip Perfection in Flame and also love it. I adore hot pink lipsticks and Fairytale is a great color to add to my collection. I also recommend Revlon's Moon Drops lipstick in Love that Pink or Persian Melon, two of my other hot pink faves.

Recommended for Medium Skin