November 27, 2014 | 1622 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection - 405 Fairytale

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by ltnla

Most people probably won't experience this, but this was like a love affair gone completely wrong. Agree w/positive reviews re color (beautiful on trend corally pink), good coverage and texture. But problems for me were -- it stains incredibly strong/after one hour or less/which I realize can be good or bad (I scrubbed vigorously w/vaseline, sugar scrub etc but to no avail). BUT bigger problem was that it kind of bleeds/migrates, such that the stain is mostly gone in middle of lips, but dark stain all around -- leaving me with a noticeably lip color middle part surrounded by dark color. Not good. Also stains to a darker coral/almost red color, which is not what I bargained for. If this had stained evenly, the color change wouldn't have bothered me as much. Maybe a unique experience to me, and I envy those who don't have similar problems, bc it is a lovely color -- at first.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2012 More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was gross and chalky!! Pretty packaging, though, but the "barbie pink" color looks so fake on me!! I guess its okay with a balm (it tones down the color), but it honestly made me look like a bimbo. Very loud!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by misanders

These lipsticks are a fail for one reason...they all stain your lips. If that's what you are looking for then these are great. I'm not. They also bleed even with lip liner. Colors are nice, packaging is great, just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by BizzyBunny

This is a great lipstick color for spring. I was looking for Toxic Tale from MAC, and found this to be a close dupe. Its not exact as the finishes are different but the look is there. Feels great on, and will buy more. Its been over 10 years since Ive purchased a CG lipstick as they used to suck. Not anymore. Love the new formula

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by jumpsnoopy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The best part about this product is the color -- I've been looking for a lipstick in this color forever! Everything this bright is usually either too coral or too blue-based fuchsia, but this is a great, warm, bright pink color that, on me, does not lean much toward coral. I took the advice of below reviewers and applied it with my finger for a more subtle tint, or if I'm going for a bold bright lip, I apply it right out of the tube. Either one looks good -- they're just varying intensity. As others have said, it is a bit drying, so applying lip balm before or after (or both) is essential. (Korres lip butter in pomegranate is the perfect color match!) But it's a great price and it lasts forever, so definitely worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

fairytale is a creamy bright coral.i wear this lipstick with a bright red-pink lip liner.it's verry pretty! Some say that it's a dupe for nicky minaj viva glam lipstick! When you're tanned,this lipstick is awsome!verry creamy,last verry long! Goes well with:grey,nude,rose-gold,black,plum,purple,lilac,lime green eye shadows! Or just with a simple black eye liner! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Jesticles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this color, but you absolutely have to moisturize before applying this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

Fairytale is a sexy, gorgeous, daring hot pink lipstick with just a slight hint of orange undertones. One swipe of this shade and you are in for an instant mood lifter. This shade of hot pink is a vintage pink that never goes out of style and it is very pigmented and long wearing! It is a bit drying though because it has a slight matte finish. I also have Cover Girl Lip Perfection in Flame and also love it. I adore hot pink lipsticks and Fairytale is a great color to add to my collection. I also recommend Revlon's Moon Drops lipstick in Love that Pink or Persian Melon, two of my other hot pink faves.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by CeruleanSapphire

Such a pretty color, but unfortunately it doesn't work for my lips. It kinds of crackles them and leaves an unfinished look. I got a lot of compliments on the color, but it's too bland when it come to gleam or shine. All in all, if you like a simple kind of lipstick without the glitz or glamor, go for this one, but if you're like me and like a type of shine to your lips, don't get it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by sthenn0

The smell, it is a bit much. The weird feeling on my lips, a bit odd. BUT...the color and texture are awesome. I love cute summery colors that lean towards coral yet are still a bit pink (like Kiss Me Coral by Revlon, which I do prefer). This color is brighter than KMC and slightly more opaque. It builds up really nicely and the color stays put. I have a medium-light complexion with a yellow-peach undertone, so I always feel like I am getting away with wearing orange when I wear this lipstick. I have been using up my old Max Factor glosses which I layer over this one. It really is a wonderful base color. Overall, I can get over the smell/tingling to wear it.