October 21, 2014 | 1313 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Pure-Clean

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

While I would never use this shampoo everyday, I do find it to be a very nice clarifying shampoo. It is pretty drying but I find that is removes all of the built up residue that can be left behind from hair styling products. I use it about once a week to once every other week on the same day that I do a hair mask to put all the moisture back in to my hair that the shampoo removed. As a clarifying shampoo, I think this does a really nice job but if you are looking for a shampoo for daily/normal use, I would try something else.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference, my hair is just past my shoulders; its straight and fine but I have a good amount of it. I found this shampoo to be pretty drying. It is definitely not something I could use for everyday. I've started using it once a week and will do so until I use it up. I also use it to clean my makeup brushes and for that purpose it works very well.

Overall, this did not work for me and I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by SandraDeee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually love Garnier hair products so when this came out I thought I might as well give it a try. I got the conditioner and the shampoo.

I have pretty normal, fine, hair. It tends to lean on the oily side more than dry.

This totally dried out my hair. I mean it turned my hair into straw, took away what little volume I usually have. To make things even better this smells terrible. The shampoo was alright, but the conditioner smells like acetone. The conditioner also feels terrible. It has a very slimy feeling even after you rinse your hair for a while.

I won't be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Mysterygirl

I would have liked it better if I'd bought a smaller size of Pure Clean shampoo. I'm not liking this shampoo and I have so much left. I feel that it doesn't really clean your scalp well and I don't understand what they mean when they claim the shampoo is fortifying. Like with other shampoos, I lose a lot of my hair when using this. (This may be more due to my hair than the shampoo, I am not sure). My hair doesn't seem stronger after using this for months.

What's good about this product is that it is free from parabens, sulfates, and dyes. Also, the shampoo is 94% biodegradable and the packaging is made of 50% recycled materials. The scent is good - a constant with Garnier shampoos. I would not recommend this to friends. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I purchased this because I was hoping for some "natural" (ish) hair cleansing. With all the deep conditioners, shine serums, detangling sprays, etc., that I use on my damaged highlighted hair, I think it's fair to say that my hair has product build-up. I purchased this hoping for gentle but thorough cleansing. Holy cow, look out, for being mostly "naturally derived," yikes. This stuff is powerful. Much too powerful for my hair; it turned it into straw (worse than it usually is). Sure, it cleaned it, and stripped it of any life-giving nutrients that I had left. I'd equate it to the old school green bottled Prell. Great if you make a hair color mistake...or work in a coal mine. Would NOT try this one haircolor that I actually like/value. Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i wasn't expecting much from a drugstore brand, but got this because it was on promotional sale at Walgreen's, and because the marketing worked on me: the clear bottle, usage of words like "clean," and whatnot. i also wanted a solution for the occasional morning that i don't have time to condition after shampooing and don't want to use a leave-in.

i was pleasantly surprised that this shampoo/conditioner does well for me. it gets my hair squeaky clean without drying it out. it also does offer pretty significant conditioning, though i usually need to help it out a little with some argon oil before blowdrying or styling to help with tangles.

all-in-all, this is a great emergency solution for when you're out of your more expensive products; i'm on my second bottle, and very pleased. (i wouldn't recommend this for color-treated hair; i've not tried it on newly-colored hair.)

note that my hair is medium-length (half-way to bra strap), fine, thin, and a little wavy.

p.s. i love the easy-to-maneuver-with-one-wet-hand flip-top mechanism, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by batzmaru1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have fine, straight hair, and I love this shampoo. Even though most use this product as a clarifying shampoo, I use it daily and it does not dry my hair or make it oily. It actually makes my hair feel lightweight and healthy. I have repurchased this product twice.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by norami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this product out when I was starting a new job and I could hear my colleagues crack jokes about all the dandruff and hair on my chair....it was a horrible experience and it makes me angry just thinking about this stupid product.

FU garnier!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Shampooaholic

EDIT: I don't like this shampoo. It doesn't clean the hair at the roots and leaves the ends super dry. It also leaves a waxy coating on my hair.
I have fine, damaged hair and was looking for a cheap shampoo to use a couple times a week inbetween my other shampoos so my hair doesn't get used to the same thing. I tried this the first day and really liked it! Cleaned my hair really well but didn't strip it. I tried it 2 days in a row and found it to be a little drying. If used 1-2 times a week I thing it'll be perfect to throughly cleanse hair. But everyday would be too damaging. One thing I don't like about it is how runny the product is. As soon as you tip the bottle to dispense product it pours right out! An it's clear so it's hard too see how much you poured out. Other then that its a good product and would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by goshelbyjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Duration- I have used this shampoo off and on for about a year.

Price- Around $4. Sounds good to me.

Packaging- No issues. Love the green color.

Smell- I love it! So fresh and clean!

Formula- Lathers up so well.

Intended Use- To rid the hair of oil, dirt, and product build up.

Result- It leaves my hair feeling and smelling so clean. It keeps my hair from feeling heavy or greasy all the way through the day.

Used With- Garnier Pure-Clean Conditioner, which I just put on the ends.

Conclusion- I will definitely repurchase this. Actually, I used it all up today!