April 18, 2014 | 900 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Pure-Clean

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I purchased this because I was hoping for some "natural" (ish) hair cleansing. With all the deep conditioners, shine serums, detangling sprays, etc., that I use on my damaged highlighted hair, I think it's fair to say that my hair has product build-up. I purchased this hoping for gentle but thorough cleansing. Holy cow, look out, for being mostly "naturally derived," yikes. This stuff is powerful. Much too powerful for my hair; it turned it into straw (worse than it usually is). Sure, it cleaned it, and stripped it of any life-giving nutrients that I had left. I'd equate it to the old school green bottled Prell. Great if you make a hair color mistake...or work in a coal mine. Would NOT try this one haircolor that I actually like/value. Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i wasn't expecting much from a drugstore brand, but got this because it was on promotional sale at Walgreen's, and because the marketing worked on me: the clear bottle, usage of words like "clean," and whatnot. i also wanted a solution for the occasional morning that i don't have time to condition after shampooing and don't want to use a leave-in.

i was pleasantly surprised that this shampoo/conditioner does well for me. it gets my hair squeaky clean without drying it out. it also does offer pretty significant conditioning, though i usually need to help it out a little with some argon oil before blowdrying or styling to help with tangles.

all-in-all, this is a great emergency solution for when you're out of your more expensive products; i'm on my second bottle, and very pleased. (i wouldn't recommend this for color-treated hair; i've not tried it on newly-colored hair.)

note that my hair is medium-length (half-way to bra strap), fine, thin, and a little wavy.

p.s. i love the easy-to-maneuver-with-one-wet-hand flip-top mechanism, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by batzmaru1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have fine, straight hair, and I love this shampoo. Even though most use this product as a clarifying shampoo, I use it daily and it does not dry my hair or make it oily. It actually makes my hair feel lightweight and healthy. I have repurchased this product twice.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by norami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this product out when I was starting a new job and I could hear my colleagues crack jokes about all the dandruff and hair on my chair....it was a horrible experience and it makes me angry just thinking about this stupid product.

FU garnier!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Shampooaholic

EDIT: I don't like this shampoo. It doesn't clean the hair at the roots and leaves the ends super dry. It also leaves a waxy coating on my hair.
I have fine, damaged hair and was looking for a cheap shampoo to use a couple times a week inbetween my other shampoos so my hair doesn't get used to the same thing. I tried this the first day and really liked it! Cleaned my hair really well but didn't strip it. I tried it 2 days in a row and found it to be a little drying. If used 1-2 times a week I thing it'll be perfect to throughly cleanse hair. But everyday would be too damaging. One thing I don't like about it is how runny the product is. As soon as you tip the bottle to dispense product it pours right out! An it's clear so it's hard too see how much you poured out. Other then that its a good product and would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by goshelbyjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Duration- I have used this shampoo off and on for about a year.

Price- Around $4. Sounds good to me.

Packaging- No issues. Love the green color.

Smell- I love it! So fresh and clean!

Formula- Lathers up so well.

Intended Use- To rid the hair of oil, dirt, and product build up.

Result- It leaves my hair feeling and smelling so clean. It keeps my hair from feeling heavy or greasy all the way through the day.

Used With- Garnier Pure-Clean Conditioner, which I just put on the ends.

Conclusion- I will definitely repurchase this. Actually, I used it all up today!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After Pantene discontinued their purity shampoo, I spent years trying to find a clarifying shampoo that doesn't break the bank.

This does the trick and it smells great. I love fruit smells and it leaves my hair clean! It washes out all of the junk my styling products and other shampoos leave behind. I'm one of those who washes their hair daily and this doesn't make my hair or scalp feel dry at all. It also doesn't feel moisturized but that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by ninaeaster

This is my holy grail shampoo. It cleanses out all the product build up I have. This smells so good, like green apples. It makes my hair clean and feel soft and shiny.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by JesB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is literally by far the worse shampoo I have ever used. I bought it because it had no parabens in it. The first time I washed my hair I though "hmmm this is strange. I wonder if I didn't wash all the conditioner out." So I tried it again and it was even worse. No, it is not meant to be used as a clarifying shampoo, but I don't see how anyone could use this as a daily shampoo either. It made my hair feel so greasy and gunky and it looked dirtier than before I had washed it. My hair also would not hold a curl when I used this . . . I have really healthy non-colored hair so maybe this would work for someone with crispy bleached straw hair but unless your hair is super dry or damaged than this shampoo is not for you. I'd rather use dish soap to wash my hair than this gunk.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Goldieloxx507

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up because I've seen a lot of the YT beauty girls rave about it. Big mistake. the first time I used this it was fine, rinsed out well and my har was left nice and clean. Well, any time I went to use it after the fact, it just made my hair feel gunky and disgusting. I went to get my hair done the day after I had used this and she literally felt my hair and asked WHAT did you DO?! I said I used Garnier Pure Clean... and she went well its anything but... stay away from that brand from now on please.

I plan to listen to her. Will not repurchase.