Garnier Pure-Clean

2.8

on 12/5/2013 12:04:00 AM

When I saw this in stores, it looked amazing! A biodegradable, lightweight shampoo! Perfect for my extremely oily and dull hair! That is, until I tried it. It smells great, but made my hair dirtier than before! It weighed it down, made it feel sticky and gross, and didn't clean my hair at all! Isn't that what a shampoo is SUPPOSED to do? Sure it is a conditioning shampoo, but it should have still cleaned by hair. This shampoo is just terrible, and I wouldn't even recommend it to the driest of hair. Possibly if your hair was fried and straw like, but even then it might get sticky and tacky. Don't try this, you'll save yourself a couple bucks and not have to go through a day of what I, and many others who tried this had to.

Good luck finding other shampoos!
Take care!
:-)

on 11/25/2013 7:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Was looking for a natural shampoo just to get my hair clean; no volume, non-frizzy, color care stuff etc. It was pretty cheap. Claims no silicone, no parabens, no dyes, 94% biodegradable and it smelled REALLY nice to start off. Very fresh and clean green apple smell, which is the ONLY reason why I'm bumping my rating to a 2.

My first time using this, it took quite a long time to dry. In fact, it didn't really get to where it felt dry because it felt like I hadn't washed my hair in two days. My ends were really dry, but my roots felt super greasy. Since it was bogo, I had used the matching conditioner and figured maybe I didn't use enough on my ends and too much on my roots. Well I continued to use the shampoo and conditioner for a couple more days. Each time I used it I noticed more fall out than usual, enough to clog up my shower with every wash. My scalp started to get itchy and I started to get dandruff, which I've never had an issue with before.

I had only been using this product maybe four days and my hair still doesn't feel quite right. Definitely would not repurchase.

on 11/20/2013 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

While I would never use this shampoo everyday, I do find it to be a very nice clarifying shampoo. It is pretty drying but I find that is removes all of the built up residue that can be left behind from hair styling products. I use it about once a week to once every other week on the same day that I do a hair mask to put all the moisture back in to my hair that the shampoo removed. As a clarifying shampoo, I think this does a really nice job but if you are looking for a shampoo for daily/normal use, I would try something else.

on 11/8/2013 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

For reference, my hair is just past my shoulders; its straight and fine but I have a good amount of it. I found this shampoo to be pretty drying. It is definitely not something I could use for everyday. I've started using it once a week and will do so until I use it up. I also use it to clean my makeup brushes and for that purpose it works very well.

Overall, this did not work for me and I will not repurchase.

on 11/5/2013 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I usually love Garnier hair products so when this came out I thought I might as well give it a try. I got the conditioner and the shampoo.

I have pretty normal, fine, hair. It tends to lean on the oily side more than dry.

This totally dried out my hair. I mean it turned my hair into straw, took away what little volume I usually have. To make things even better this smells terrible. The shampoo was alright, but the conditioner smells like acetone. The conditioner also feels terrible. It has a very slimy feeling even after you rinse your hair for a while.

I won't be buying this again.

on 11/5/2013 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I would have liked it better if I'd bought a smaller size of Pure Clean shampoo. I'm not liking this shampoo and I have so much left. I feel that it doesn't really clean your scalp well and I don't understand what they mean when they claim the shampoo is fortifying. Like with other shampoos, I lose a lot of my hair when using this. (This may be more due to my hair than the shampoo, I am not sure). My hair doesn't seem stronger after using this for months.

What's good about this product is that it is free from parabens, sulfates, and dyes. Also, the shampoo is 94% biodegradable and the packaging is made of 50% recycled materials. The scent is good - a constant with Garnier shampoos. I would not recommend this to friends. Will not buy again.

on 10/17/2013 12:19:00 PM

I purchased this because I was hoping for some "natural" (ish) hair cleansing. With all the deep conditioners, shine serums, detangling sprays, etc., that I use on my damaged highlighted hair, I think it's fair to say that my hair has product build-up. I purchased this hoping for gentle but thorough cleansing. Holy cow, look out, for being mostly "naturally derived," yikes. This stuff is powerful. Much too powerful for my hair; it turned it into straw (worse than it usually is). Sure, it cleaned it, and stripped it of any life-giving nutrients that I had left. I'd equate it to the old school green bottled Prell. Great if you make a hair color mistake...or work in a coal mine. Would NOT try this one haircolor that I actually like/value. Would not buy again.

on 9/8/2013 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i wasn't expecting much from a drugstore brand, but got this because it was on promotional sale at Walgreen's, and because the marketing worked on me: the clear bottle, usage of words like "clean," and whatnot. i also wanted a solution for the occasional morning that i don't have time to condition after shampooing and don't want to use a leave-in.

i was pleasantly surprised that this shampoo/conditioner does well for me. it gets my hair squeaky clean without drying it out. it also does offer pretty significant conditioning, though i usually need to help it out a little with some argon oil before blowdrying or styling to help with tangles.

all-in-all, this is a great emergency solution for when you're out of your more expensive products; i'm on my second bottle, and very pleased. (i wouldn't recommend this for color-treated hair; i've not tried it on newly-colored hair.)

note that my hair is medium-length (half-way to bra strap), fine, thin, and a little wavy.

p.s. i love the easy-to-maneuver-with-one-wet-hand flip-top mechanism, too!

on 8/27/2013 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I have fine, straight hair, and I love this shampoo. Even though most use this product as a clarifying shampoo, I use it daily and it does not dry my hair or make it oily. It actually makes my hair feel lightweight and healthy. I have repurchased this product twice.

on 8/14/2013 11:10:00 PM

I tried this product out when I was starting a new job and I could hear my colleagues crack jokes about all the dandruff and hair on my chair....it was a horrible experience and it makes me angry just thinking about this stupid product.

FU garnier!