April 16, 2014 | 2082 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Illuminator in Copacabana

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

Yay, I'm super happy I found this stuff. I'm pretty fair-skinned with pinkish undertones and this suits my skin perfectly without looking too glittery or artificial. It just lends a really subtle, fresh, dewy look to my skin. I rated it full marks for the price because although it's expensive, you really only need to use a teeny tiny bit at a time so it should last a really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by bwalker197

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this product. It is the most gorgeous illuminator on the market. I will wear this everyday, even if I am going sans make up, just to give myself a refreshing dewy look. This is my go-to product to make my face look fresh and awake. It makes my skin feel extremely soft and my pores don't stand out (even though I have a lot of pores!) A little gem that belongs in every woman's make up bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Holymacarony

I was´nt shure if I should buy the multiple or the illuminator in Copacabana, but I went with the illuminator because it had the most shimmer and blended so nicely in to the skin. It is a cool toned highlighting cream, that looks nice on fair skin, and a definite summer-product. I wish I could get more use of it, but I find the powder highlighters to be easier and reach more for them.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by sarahcloud

Love this stuff! Easy to use and a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by yuklin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy using this illuminator. However, the only thing that I am not too crazy about is that it does not come full in the bottle but a litte on your finger goes a long way. It really makes your face glow!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sksouthwick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this almost every day. It's hard for me to find highlighters that are lighter than my skintone, but this one is perfect. As a side note, it is very, very similar to Benefit Highbeam.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I *love* this product! I am very fair, and this product melts into my skin and gives a light pink highlight to my upper cheeks and up to my temple area. I am not a fan of NARS copacabana multiple because it's a hard stick, and gets really hard with time, making application very difficult, if not impossible. When I realized NARS came out with the liquid copacabana, I was thrilled. I'm not sure it it would work on anyone with darker skin tones. It is pricey, $30.00 for 1.2 ounce, but you only use a tweeny little bit, and I love the highlight it gives me, so it's worth it (and I don't spend a lot of money on stuff).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

NARS, you disappoint. So I really want to like NARS. I want to buy and have and use NARS products. I want to love them like other people love them. But there’s just nothing I like! The Sephora SA recommended this product over Albatross as a highlighter for me, saying that it would be easier to use, rather than packing on Albatross and hoping that it shows up for its magical highlighting powers. I’m very pale and warm-toned, so something snow/paper/white-out white is simply the same color as my skin, just about. And, sure enough, this product does NOT show up on my skin. At all. I can pack it on and get some glitter out of it, but it wears off quickly. As for mixing it in with my foundation or moisturizer . . . seems pointless. I notice no difference. NARS, please produce a product that actually does something on my skin. I returned Cococabana.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

UPDATE 11/24/12:
I disagree with the previous reviewer below me--I'm NC35 and this looks great on me! I believe it'll look great on anyone, including medium and dark skin tones, as long as you apply it minimally and you know how to apply it. As with most makeup products, you can make almost anything work for you--it's all in the application and technique.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Copacabana is an invisible pink with a silvery frosty sheen--exactly the same as Benefit High Beam, except it seems to me that High Beam is more frosty and has more reflects (which I prefer).
But that doesn't mean that Copacabana isn't good. In fact, this is a great highlighter. You can add some to your cheekbones (or on cheekbones on top of blush), nose bridge, middle of chin, Cupid's bow, inner eye corners, or brow bone--or wherever you want--to achieve a nice glow. Be careful not to overapply, though--as with all highlighters, less is a LOT more!
I'm not too keen on the formula, though--it's not runny, nor is it too thick, but it's not totally long-lasting. Within a few hours of wear time, I notice that it's already gone. Of course, the packaging is convenient enough to carry in my bag for touch-ups, but I'd rather not have to touch up at all.
It's also quite pricey, retailing at $30 for a 1.1 oz. tube.
Would I repurchase? No.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by tbastas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Basically I mix it with my foundation when my skin is feeling extra dry or in the summer when i want less coverage. I use double wear light 1.0 which is a bit dark on my fair skin but this has got a pinky silvery color which makes the foundation a bit lighter and bit more on the neutral side which ends up being a perfect match for me. I do own benefit high beam and i have to say to colors are exactly the same. But i do not like the benefit one because it is hard to apply but nars copacabana is a dream for that.Revlon sells and a liquid illuminator as well but that shade is quite darker and a bit more peachy that this one which doesnt work when i mix it with my double wear light foundation. Copacabana works really well as a highlighter. It gives you a luminous-radiant effect rather than a shimmery one and blends like a dream. I really love this product but the price is a bit over the top for what it is but i will still repurchase. I have to mention that this color will not work well on medium or dark skitones but you can go for the other colors in the range(orgasm and laguna). Do not go for super orgasm because it is quite pinky it would only work under a blush to give your cheeks some radiance not a cheekbone highlighter.