Urban Decay Lush Lash System

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/13/2012 1:26:00 AM

Over all I liked this product but definitely did not love it. I didn't see a big enough improvement in my lashes to repurchase especially for the price. The bottle does last for quite a while though. My lashes seemed to be a smidge longer, but not thicker. The change I noticed most was that my lashes looked over all much healthier...they looked smoother and shinier (if that makes sense) and they seemed to look more naturally beautiful without mascara. When I did apply mascara it glided on with ease and looked excellent. It was like a conditioner for my eyelashes, but not a growth/thickness miracle. The reason for 4 lippies is because for the price I didn't notice a significant enough difference to repurchase. I'll just stick with putting Vaseline on my lashes :)

on 5/4/2012 5:39:00 AM

Does absolutely nothing to my lashes. Yes, I used it for ages. Nothing. Zero. IŽd love to give it zero lippies, may I, please?

VERY disappointed!

The stuff you apply to your lashes looks like eye crud in the morning.

NEVER AGAIN! Back to my trusty Talika Lipocils. BTW beware, the small ones (4.2 ml) on sale on Ebay are fakes.

on 3/6/2012 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using this product for 3 months now and my lashes definitely have gotten noticeably longer (and I think I have more of them now). They naturally curl up but with the added length they look much better and fuller. I started using this product because I noticed my lashes became brittle and started falling out a lot. I think the conditioner helped with that problem because I'm barely losing any lashes now. I use this every night before bed. This product has not irritated or discolored my eyelids and I have extremely sensitive eyes. Awesome product!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I always wanted to try a lash serum. but was a bit hesitant. I mostly didnt feel like spending a lot of money on another useless product.

I wanted to try out the one from MAC but after seeing the Lush Lash System serum at Sephora i decided to give it a try, mostly because it has the conditioning mascara so it is like 2 in 1.

I am a Mediterranean brunette with naturally long eyelashes, but not as thick as i would like them to be. Especially when i remove my makeup the condition gets worse and i believe this is what happens to everyone.

I have been using the Lash Lash System serum for 20 days, twice per day, both the serum and the conditioning mask and I do see a difference. My eyelashes are definitely longer and thicker. Also, when i remove my makeup i see no lashes at all falling. It has definitely made them stronger and im thrilled. I have also been using it sometimes on my eyebrows too. I finished it quite early, probably because i've been using it very often, but today I bought a second tube.

Im very happy and I will most probably buy it a 3rd time to keep my eyleashes as they are now.

on 2/2/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

First of all, why are people writing reviews about mascara? This is for the "Lush Lash System!"

Anyways, I got this as a Christmas gift from my sister after randomly pointing it out to her at Sephora. This retails for $42USD. It comes in a purple box where it states that you'll get "25% long thicker lashes in two weeks" and for me, it has worked per se.

I've been using this for over a month and granted that my lashes are already long on my upper lid, but not at all thick so I was hoping this product would work moreso on the thickening side. The results of using it for over a month? I have seen my lashes grow longer and have gotten thicker, but nothing drastic as it claims. I particularly notice it when I am putting mascara on because it appears more fuller than before where it would be sparse on some areas and ridiculously long in one. So overall, I would recommend it, but if your lashes are ridiculously short to begin with and are expecting dramatic results, then I don't think this product is for you.

UPDATE: After using this for 6 months, this turned my lashes weak, thin, brittle, and less voluminousness compared to my original lashes once I stopped using it. It looked horrible even with mascara on so i didn't wear any for 4 months! Great product for continuous use, but for $50 for something I thought would be permanent? No freaking way.

on 12/19/2011 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This mascara is fantastic. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, and I've noticed my lashes are both longer and thicker. It's very easy to apply with the hourglass brush. It isn't too thick, so you don't end up with clumps. And, it is water resistant, not water proof, which is another bonus. It doesn't run or smear when it meets water, but it is easy to take off at night. This is probably the only mascara I'll ever use again, I absolutely love it!

on 12/18/2011 7:44:00 AM

Please read the ingredients. The third one is boric acid, which in large doses in used to kill insects. I do not want that near my eyes!

on 11/9/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Growth Serum/Conditioner Duo:
It works. My lashes are much longer now.

Mascara:
Adds volume, but nothing spectacular. Also helps to grow the lashes but since I'm also using the duo, I haven't noticed anything.

on 10/26/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product worked super well for me!! Within one week, I saw longer lashes. It definitely lengthened more than it thickened my lashes, but I did see an increase in lash thickness around the fourth week of use. Even though it says it works over six weeks, I still had 1/3 of the serum left, so I continued using it and still got better results! I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for longer, prettier lashes. The best part is that no irritation or other weird side effects occurred!

on 8/30/2011 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I work in the prestige department at Ulta and received both the mascara as well as the serum/conditioner as gratis.

The serum is a clear gel that you apply similarly to a liquid eye liner. Some people have noticed a burning sensation when using this product but I only notice that my eyelids feel a little warmer near my lashes when I look up at the ceiling. Other than that, no irritation issues or anything. I have been using this in conjunction with the lush lash mascara so I'm not sure which product has yielded the results I'm seeing.

The Lush Lash mascara is a decent mascara with a plastic bristle brush in an hourglass shape. I did not notice any thickening, lengthening, or curling with this mascara and it initially made my lashes feel kind of crunchy. I like really soft lashes that look thick. I continued to use this mascara in favor of my other mascaras for no other reason than the packaging really stood out in my mascar drawer. After about 3 or 4 weeks I decided to use my Fresh Supernova mascara with no other makeup since I was just running out to the grocery store. As soon as I applied it, I noticed a huge difference in my lashes. They were significantly longer (they actually touched my eyebrows) and thicker. I no longer need to wear eyeliner, and actually prefer to go without because it allows my lashes to stand out better. I think the brush is great for separating and defining the lashes and actually allows you to get each and every one of them. I usually apply 3 coats on the top and 1 on the bottom and it gives me very full, long lashes.

I don't think it helped me to stop losing lashes during makeup removal and actually noticed a few more than usual when I first started using the products but that has since subsided and I've only lost 2 lashes in the past 3 weeks. I wouldn't say it's holy grail material and isn't going to perform like some of the really expensive lash serums but I wouldn't want lashes that I have to trim anyway.

If you don't notice any significant changes after the first few weeks, try using another mascara that yielded favorable results. You might be surprised at the difference it makes.

Top Rated Lash Treatments