Mary Kay Time Wise Matte Wear Liquid Foundation

3.8

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, PEG-9 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Talc, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Nylon-12, Glycerin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Diazolidinyl Urea, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylparaben, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Laurate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Lactic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am not a MK rep. I initially loved this foundation. It matched my pale skin, controlled oil, and didn't break me out; that combination is a miracle for me. After six months and a new bottle, it stopped working for me. It's like that one bottle was great and the next one didn't work as well. It seems to be darker too, so I have to get a lighter powder to compensate. It might work for you, it might not. Roll the dice.

One word of caution - don't store it cap down. It will get air bubbles and blurp a lot of product out the next time you try to use it.

I have very sensitive skin and oily on my T-zone. I have tried tons of super expensive foundations and non of them worked for me. I was so surprised to see how much my skin likes this product. It last a long time and it doesn't feel heavy on my skin. Also, the color matches to my skin tone perfectly.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Just tried this foundation for the first time. I received a sample from my beauty consultant. I didn't need to apply it quickly as some have advised. The finish is truly matte, but not flat looking. It covers beautifully. She gave me a few shades to try, and I decided to give the Beige 2 a try. It's still a bit too fair. I think if I were to go 1 or 2 shades deeper, I'd have a perfect match.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Nothing special, formula behaves like most other matte liquids I've tried. Some settling into fine lines, but overall nice.

I started getting cysts at 8 days, which is a bit faster than I normally react to a foundation.

I have found that this Matte wear foundation keeps my oil at bay even longer than a mineral powder foundation! I love it! And for being such a thin formula, I was surprised at the coverage of it! Though it's not a full coverage foundation I like it because I have rosacea and I just have a little pink glow coming from underneath, but the tone is perfectly even looking! Love this stuff!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this foundation for over three months and loving it. I was using Lorac foundation and not very happy with it, so of course I was pleasantly surprised to find that the $22 Mary Kay worked better for me than my $38 Lorac. I have acne-prone skin, and so far, the foundation hasn't made me break out any more than I do-occasional blemish here and there. I love how smooth my skin feels-not oily or greasy. I use a stippling brush to apply, and then apply Mary Kay's translucent powder over it. It lasts a good 8 hours for me, sometimes a bit shorter if it's super-humid and I'm outside sweating. One of the best things about it is that it matches my skin EXACTLY. Yay for not having that line on my jaw! The packaging could use some work. I wish it was a pump. :)
I love how it barely has a scent. I CAN'T stand heavily-scented foundations like Chanel's. That about sums it up. I would recommend this to my friends for sure.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite foundation I've ever tried. My skin is very sensitive and usually breaks out with prolonged use of foundations and powders and stuff, but MK doesn't cause me any reactions or irritations! Each tube is priced at $20, which is very reasonable for skin makeup. I also like the tube packaging. It's so easy and convenient for just carrying around in my makeup bag. I have not spilled any product yet.

I just apply this using my hands rather than a brush or sponge. Underneath, I use Monistat anti-chafing gel as a primer. It stays matte for about 6 hours, but of course, grease is inevitable. Touch up with powder or blotting sheets, and you'll be good to go again. I currently use Beige 4 since I have my summer tan, but for the rest of the year, I use beige 2. I am NC25-30 for reference.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This foundation is a pretty good one. It has easily buildable coverage and seems to take care of all of my imperfections and believe me, I have a lot of them.

I wear this in Beige 3 for light cool undertones. This is the ONLY foundation I have ever found to match my skin tone, thus that is one of the main reasons for such a high rating.

It is pretty matte and I would like something a little more luminous but have not been able to ever find such a foundation (that would match my skin tone) as such.

I will keep purchasing for the fact that is covers imperfections and matches my skin tone.

If anyone knows of a luminous foundation with buildable coverage that matches Beige 3 in Mary Kay foundation, please let me know :)

Bottom Line: good foundation for my oily/acne prone complexion, matched perfectly to my skin

Let it be known I'm not a foundation junkie and normally stick to uneducated drug store selections.

The first time I used this, it was actually my aunt and MK consultant (big wig actually) that applied it along with all of the other MK products (pore refining primer, concealer, everything eye, and lipstick) and it was bar none the best makeover I've ever had (well there's only been a few). I should have had her do my wedding make up (and I had air-brush that day)! It was for a wedding and it wore really really well all night long and I felt like a million bucks.

She matched it so perfectly to my skin tone that I noticed immediately it was dramatic change from what I had been wearing. And perhaps I'm swayed by the fact that she matched it so perfectly becuase I have had a couple department store matches not work out nearly as well and I have no idea how to pick out my own colors at the drugstore.

It's not really a true matte as others have said, its just a standard foundation formula from I can tell. It just doesn't have any shimmer or brightener, which is fine by my oily complexion anyway. It blends on beautifully and tries in the perfect amount of time. It's not very thick but does a good job of covering redness without being cakey.

I don't know why it's in the Timewise collection because I don't thinkg there are any age fighting ingredients in it. I'm 30 and it seems to be just like any other foundation I've tried, I suppose MK has an older clientele (not offending anyone) and want to market it that way?

I wish it was in a pump rather than tube, but at least that's better than an open top bottle like most drug store brands, so that I can squeeze it out to the back of my hand and use my beauty blender to put it on without using touching my fingers to it or my face. And its a bit pricey but she did give me a 15% discount, so that made up for it. And its priceless to have a perfectly matched color.

And I don't know if I've just been better with my skin care routine (I also bought the micro derm abrasion and switched to Cetaphil at the same time), but its not affected my acne at all. In fact since I've started using it, my face has gotten clearer.

I feel like when I am wearing this foundation there is sparkles all over my face. I was breaking out in these tiny little bumps all over my skin and as soon as I stopped using this product my skin started getting better! This product didn't last long especially when I need it too.