The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Cyclohexasiloxane (Chelating Agent), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate (Absorbent/Anticaking Agent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer (Binder), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Polyisobutene (Binder), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Salix Alba Bark Extract (Natural Additive), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Sorbitan Isostearate (Emulsifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Limonene (Natural Additive), Laureth-4 (Emulsifier/Surfactant), Citral (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

on 5/26/2014 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Its perfect for oily skin control but for acne its a disaster. I bought this for acne control but it seems like its giving more acne. I can't go out for few days because of this product. Very disappointed.

on 5/14/2014 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I first starting using this product in conjunction with the rest of the products in this line: tea tree oil, facial wash, toner, and night fade lotion. This is great for my very oily and acne-prone skin (it's still oily in the winter time, for an idea for where I'm coming from). I have been using this since the summer of 2012

What I love: fast-absorbing so it's great if you have to layer with any other products on top without having to wait long. I feel it combats my sebum production, and this is a HG product in my skincare regimen. Lasts forever, but...

What I hate: Packaging. It's nice that it's in a hygienic squeeze bottle, however, I do run into the problem where when I open it up to use, on occasion, the product just oozes out without my squeezing or shaking it, and when it does that, it usually comes out in amounts that are double, triple, or even quadruple the amount I would use on my face, so it's a waste of the product. But when it doesn't do that, a little really does go a long way, so it is worth the price.

Cost: The Body Shop always has deals, so I always take advantage of those to stock up. I've used and tried many TBS products, and the ONLY time I buy things full price online is when they have a deal for free shipping on any order, and only on products that I know work.

on 5/9/2014 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Mattifying. Makes my skin less oily and brighter somehow. I had the little tube so I bought the bigger tube again. I wasnt consistent with use so I cant really say whether it actually helps with acne or not. I am hopefully gonna try it as an acne treatment when it arives. When it gets towards the end it can be difficult to get the stuff out of the tube and due to the slippery thin nature of the stuff you sometimes get too much out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pure tea tree which you're not really supposed to put directly on your skin works on reducing big spots . This doesn't. It makes my skin very soft and is quite light, maybe a bit too light. A tad expensive. OK.

on 3/25/2014 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used this on top of using The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash and Tea Tree Toner. It is a gentle lotion and did not look oily when I applied it. But it still broke me out with the other related products I used with it. When my skin was dried out from using the face wash and toner, I applied this and it still showed my dried out skin. I don't think it made a difference in my skin. It just gave me more acne along with the other products, sadly. The packaging can be messy when opened. Will not purchase again.

on 3/10/2014 4:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I quiet like this, the bottle a bit small but you only need a little bit as its kinda runny and it absorbs really quick. This really balances my skin out and keeps my face matte all day. Doesnt really ''clear" skin but it made some difference to mine. Depending on how long the bottle last me depends if ill get it again but pretty good.

I really like this lotion. I have combination skin with a rather oily t-zone so I'm usually pretty shiny by late afternoon. I use this lotion as my morning/day moisturizer and it really helps my skin stay matte. At night I counter balance it's effect by moisturizing my skin with argan oil and so far it's worked out pretty well for me.

I love this product. It's lightweight and absorbs fairly quick. I will definitely buy this product again!

on 1/21/2014 9:36:00 PM

I don't think that it works as a skin clearing lotion. I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin because it will highlight your dry patches, I had to put a cream on top of it. I find that it leaves a white powdery residue on areas that aren't rubbed in. Also, it is a tiny tube and not worth the price it costs even on sale.

on 1/21/2014 7:54:00 PM

This moisturizer is good, not too heavy but not too light, its like a mattifying moisturizer for me but a big CONS for this product is its dry my skin and cause flaky 5 minutes after I used it. I have oily/combination skin but it's still dry my cheeks and chin out.
- I stop use it for a few times because I always have to apply it over and over gain, if you don't have dry skin then you should use this product.