September 1, 2014 | 1116 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - I'm Feeling Retro

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I actually bought this on a whim.

I like the white as a highlight. The blue I really don't care for, but I have blended it in the crease and it looked okay, but it is way too dark for me to wear on its own.

I LOVE the pinky/purple. I pretty much wear this color by itself and don't usually use the other two.

But, I give it a 4 specifically for the purple.

I also put it overtop of brown kohl pencil and it enhances the purple color, making it appear as a different shade along my lashline. I've gotten compliments from strangers on the way it looks.

You can't beat the price on this eyeshadow for what you get. (And this is true of all the Wet N' Wild eyeshadow trios. Beautiful colors, decent quality for a cheap, drugstore brand.)

The blue shadow did crumble and break out of the pan after a little while. I do carry it in a small pocket in my purse, which gets thrown around a little bit. The white and purple shadows stayed intact, but even if they break up, I won't be super heartbroken to drop the $3 on a new one.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I find this palette to be very hard to use. I find that with the blue and purple it is extremely hard to use together to create a look in which you aren't about to go clubbing. The colors are rich and gorgeous but to be to use this palette as WNW suggests isn't a good idea unless you are looking for makeup to use to go clubbing

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by 777designz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very interesting and colorful trio. It consists of a very glittery white shimmer, and pinkish-purple shimmer, and a blue-teal shimmer. I like several of these colors, but I don't care for them together as a trio.

The white is very sheer and leaves lots of sparkles. For me it's a bit too sparkly but that's just my taste. It would work well as a hightlighter on the browbone or in the corner of the eye. The glittery-ness of this color seemed a bit out of place with the more velvety shimmer of the other two colors. I'd probably only wear this with other eyeshadows.

The pink/purple looks like it's more purple in the pan and like it would be duochrome, but it is not. It goes on looking very pink on me. I wish it looked more like the color in the pan. I still really like this color though. It has a nice smooth texture and is very buildable depending on how bright you want it to look. It is very soft and seems a bit crumbly when my brush goes across the top.

The blue/teal is another color that looks a bit different in the pan than it really is. It appears that it would have a teal duochrome, but it looks mostly vibrant blue on me. It is very pigmented and has a very buttery texture. It goes on so effortlessly. The quality of this color is just amazing; I wish more eye shadows were like this. The only negative I could say is that it's very soft and almost crumbly like the pink shade.

Although the colors blend together nicely I don't quite like the colors together. I felt that the blue and the pink next to each other looks a bit off and almost clownish on me. I think the next time I wear this I might put a bit of purple eye shadow between the pink and blue to help them look better together, or might just wear the two colors totally separate from each other and just with other colors I have. I'd recommend this trio if you like bright colors, but I'd suggest you don't wear the colors together like they say to.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by nycmakeup1

I LOVE this WnW trio set, the colors are so much fun and beautiful!!! You can apply them "lightly" for a more wearable look, or a little more dramatic. The colors complement each other nicely, and all of them blend very well. I appreciate that WnW produced this eyeshadow trio because it is not your everyday boring, hum drum set of browns, grays, and taupes. I love having a little bit of color now and then, it makes your day great! :) The colors are very pigmented, they do NOT crease, they have great staying power, the packaging is a great size to store/travel with, the cost is cheap. I will definitely be buying again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Not impressed with this. LOVE most WnW products, but this is just eh. The blue isn't as special as I had hoped and the fuchsia / purple is kind of sickly looking. It might work on darker skinned gals --- or someone --- but definitely not on cool, fair skinned me. I really like the quality of the new WnW eyeshadows but this is my least favorite of their palettes so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

I love these trois thing but this one not so great the colors didn't work for me
blue was way to dark for me and made me look kinda skanky .
the purple color was okay but i still wouldn't wear it.
the white is problay the only color i would wear its just looks like a bumch of sparkles but the rest of these colors i don't think i would ever wear no i will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these palettes they are awsome...this one is probably my least favorite...i like the white and the blue but the fuscia color is a great color is my fave BUT you really need to work on it to get any pigmentation on your lid...over all is an OK palette but I just wished the fuscia was less hard to work with....

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by missichicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this trio, although it's not mt fave of the WnW trios I have (I think I have 6). The pink and blue are both really cool colors that really do have an 80's feel and are fun to wear for those of us who like colors (I do). The "browbone" color is a frosty white that I don't think I will ever go for, it really is white, no hint of pearl or pink or champagne to nudge it down a notch. Overall I don't think this is one I'd repurchase, but I'm happy with 2 of the 3 colors. As always with WnW, color payoff and blendability is excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by lv2shop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

my thoughts- color choices- although I think pink and blue look nice in the palette, if you do not apply it properly or have the blending down- it can look horrible. Texture- very smooth and blended well as long as I had a base eye shadow on first. There was a small amount of fall out even though I tapped my brush. I found the packaging to be very difficult to open at times and the sticker were a bit much. The staying power was great. I will purchase every wet n wild palette to come for the cost and quality- they are very similar to MAC. I hope this helps.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

First time purchasing wet n wild product. I picked it up because I really like the 3 shades of green. The only eye shadow I have ever used is Lancome and of course it's a good product. Truthfully the wet n wild is every bit as good if not better. It's high in pigment, doesn't powder down on your cheeks and lasts all day. Also great is it's not glittery, which as you get older is not a good look. I highly recommend this and you can't beat the price.