April 16, 2014 | 1860 users online

Treatments - Dove - Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Leave-in Smoothing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Aamberrae1

I LOVE this stuff! I have super curly hair that isn't all that thick and this stuff does wonders for me! I wait for my hair to air dry/drip dry and don't touch it at all while it's drying. Once it's dry and my curls are formed I use some of this to define my curls and get rid of most of my frizz.
While I really do like this stuff I feel like there's gotta be something else out there that works better against frizz. I may try combining another product with this but overall I love what this does for me and I'm the closest I've ever been for finding my perfect hair routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by allison41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This made my hair really soft, shiny, and a little more manageable. I can't say it did *that* much for frizzy-ness or fly aways but I did notice some improvement. My hair can tend to be on the oily side so I really liked that this didn't make it greasy or weigh it down at all. I worked a small amount through damp, towel dried hair. It smells really good too...though if you don't care for a stronger scent in your hair products, you may want to stay away from this. Overall, this is a pretty good leave in cream and does a good job for the price. I'd repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of those products that isn't terribly *bad*, but isn't *awesome* either. It does smooth my hair and prevent frizzies, but only for the first day. The next morning my hair looked flat, weighed down, and yes, frizzy. It also loosened my natural curls/waves to make my hair look more like I got in a fight with a brush and lost. Wouldn't buy again, but might be alright for those with finer, not-as-thick hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

While this product does make hair look shiny and healthy, I doubt it's actually nourishing the hair. I'd rather actually use something that's going to truly improve my hair. Also, you can be sure there will be product build up, so don't skimp on clarifying.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by makeupfinder21

Only used this once, but its pretty good. Not sure if its better than my old John Freida serum, but I'll have to see!
Makes my hair silky smooth, and touchable. Kills all grizzly I have, in conjunction with the Damage care shampoo and conditioner from Dove. Makes my dull hair silky and shiny looking!
I'd buy again if I ran out.
The bottle is weird, how it dipenses.. but nothing major.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by jaqi16

My hair is dry, frizzy and my scalp will tend to get oily. I bought this because I was looking for a new leave-in cream and the shampoo and conditioner from this line is also amazing. I really like this. It smells so nice. I can use it on either wet or dry hair and it works really well. It doesn't leave my hair oily at all, takes out a lot of static, and any remaining frizz (the shampoo and conditioner from this line get almost all of the frizz though). It leaves my hair really soft. I find it works slightly better on towel dried hair. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great product! It really moisturizes my hair perfectly. My hair is shoulder length, and a bit dry on the ends, but after applying this product, it was smooth and shiny! It's also lightweight, and not at all greasy (like many other smoothing serums). I've tried many other similar products, many that were triple the price, and they didn't work half as well. This product smells nice, and if I don't wash it off my hands after applications, it works as a nice skin moisturizer,too! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by simi531

This is the best stuff ever..yes, i said that out loud. i have every serum, cream, styling product . etc. and this is really great stuff. I am sure that the silicones in it will eventually build up, but I dont mind doing a clarifying wash every once in a while. I have the dove serum also and it works very well, but this is definitely more forgiving. The serum can make your hair greasy and/or weighed down if you use too much, but this cream does not do that. Your hair will seriuosly feel like silk and be healthy looking after using this. Do I think that this helps the overall health of your hair? I dont know. But I dont know if it matters if your hair is damaged and dry looking. This will make it look great - promise! I usually like to purchase organic and natural products, but i kept coming across great reviews for this product. I was on vacation and my hair was a mess so I decided to just buy it. So glad that I did. I still am trying to stay away from silicone based products, but this seems to only have one and I love it so much that I am making an exeption..

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by lindanail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cream is wonderful! It moisturizes my thick, coarse, color- treated hair and fights frizz. It leaves my hair very soft without buildup. Other products I have tried made my hair feel coated and gross. This feels light and nourishing. It is my HG leave in styling product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by hotmom37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best hair serum I've ever used ! I have fine hair that damaged but gets weighed down easily. This stuff imparts softness and defrizzes while leaving my hair bouncy with beautiful waves. I love it.