Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Leave-in Smoothing Cream

4.6

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, Lactic Acid, Petrolatum, Potassium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Adipic Acid, Gluconolactone, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Iodopropynyl, Butylcarbamate, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 3/20/2012 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

When I had my already colored and hi-lited hair lifted to a level 12 w/40% peroxide and then hi-lited again this Dove Leave in Treatment saved my hairs life. I was using other conditioning treatments, but I really felt the consistant use of this product did wonders. My hair (after 2 weeks of use) began to shine, easy comb-thru, detangled and left my hair managable and easy to style. Contains some rich oils (which did not weigh the hair down) though light in weight that once this was applied to freshly shampooed and towel dried hair ( a very small amount) left my damp hair easy to comb and take the heat of a hot-fast drying blow dryer to whatever style I pushed it toward, sometimes even flatironing areas whilst protecting my hair from styling damage and teriffic manageability. This Dove product does it all in the manner of reconditioning the hair at a dirt cheap price. Highly Recommended. I wish Dove would come out with a complete skincare and makeup line. I know it would be fabulous and successful if they continue to maintain their quality/price ratio and their consistent push for the latest and greatest scientifically derived ingredients which fulfill their promise for the everyday consumer. I was a haircare snob, buying my products from high end salons and spending 30 to 40 bucks on an individual product. No more as ther is no longer a need to when Dove for hair is around!

on 3/5/2012 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing, not greasy, nice for my wavy hair not too heavy at all.

on 2/25/2012 7:13:00 PM

very good product. i love the smell, and with wet hair, it makes my waves look more defined with less flyaways. great Dove product!

on 2/13/2012 10:15:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff! I have super curly hair that isn't all that thick and this stuff does wonders for me! I wait for my hair to air dry/drip dry and don't touch it at all while it's drying. Once it's dry and my curls are formed I use some of this to define my curls and get rid of most of my frizz.
While I really do like this stuff I feel like there's gotta be something else out there that works better against frizz. I may try combining another product with this but overall I love what this does for me and I'm the closest I've ever been for finding my perfect hair routine.

on 1/23/2012 1:22:00 AM

This made my hair really soft, shiny, and a little more manageable. I can't say it did *that* much for frizzy-ness or fly aways but I did notice some improvement. My hair can tend to be on the oily side so I really liked that this didn't make it greasy or weigh it down at all. I worked a small amount through damp, towel dried hair. It smells really good too...though if you don't care for a stronger scent in your hair products, you may want to stay away from this. Overall, this is a pretty good leave in cream and does a good job for the price. I'd repurchase.

on 12/5/2011 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is one of those products that isn't terribly *bad*, but isn't *awesome* either. It does smooth my hair and prevent frizzies, but only for the first day. The next morning my hair looked flat, weighed down, and yes, frizzy. It also loosened my natural curls/waves to make my hair look more like I got in a fight with a brush and lost. Wouldn't buy again, but might be alright for those with finer, not-as-thick hair.

on 12/5/2011 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

While this product does make hair look shiny and healthy, I doubt it's actually nourishing the hair. I'd rather actually use something that's going to truly improve my hair. Also, you can be sure there will be product build up, so don't skimp on clarifying.

Only used this once, but its pretty good. Not sure if its better than my old John Freida serum, but I'll have to see!
Makes my hair silky smooth, and touchable. Kills all grizzly I have, in conjunction with the Damage care shampoo and conditioner from Dove. Makes my dull hair silky and shiny looking!
I'd buy again if I ran out.
The bottle is weird, how it dipenses.. but nothing major.

on 10/28/2011 2:23:00 AM

My hair is dry, frizzy and my scalp will tend to get oily. I bought this because I was looking for a new leave-in cream and the shampoo and conditioner from this line is also amazing. I really like this. It smells so nice. I can use it on either wet or dry hair and it works really well. It doesn't leave my hair oily at all, takes out a lot of static, and any remaining frizz (the shampoo and conditioner from this line get almost all of the frizz though). It leaves my hair really soft. I find it works slightly better on towel dried hair. I will definitely repurchase.

on 10/19/2011 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think this is a great product! It really moisturizes my hair perfectly. My hair is shoulder length, and a bit dry on the ends, but after applying this product, it was smooth and shiny! It's also lightweight, and not at all greasy (like many other smoothing serums). I've tried many other similar products, many that were triple the price, and they didn't work half as well. This product smells nice, and if I don't wash it off my hands after applications, it works as a nice skin moisturizer,too! :)