October 21, 2014 | 1014 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NARS - Pore Refining Primer - Oil Free

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by carloscrave

Mmm... I was expecting more, its like so watery and it doesn't cover my pores at all. I wish this one has SFP like the other primer from NARS, but it's ok but not for the price, I think you pay for what you get, I would pay for this one like 20 dollars not 40, as I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by HausOfMusic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does an OK job as a primer, but the packaging is TERRIBLE! The product gets all over the cap after the first use. The product itself is not too bad, but certainly I am not willing to waste it since it is so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by lavvy76549

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know no primer is perfect, my favorite was mac matifiant but they discontinued it. I have used smashbox, reviva and now this. I liked them all because of that soft silicone smooth feel but I am so surprised that nars got such a low rating.

It does not give the feeling of smashbox but it mattifies my skin for several hours. My nose is always shiny but the other areas stay matte for the most of the day which is much better than the ones listed above. I like this product and will purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by blackowlive

This is crap. It made my skin oily and my makeup melted off.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by stayg0lden

I've been looking for a decent primer for quite some time. I have, for the most part, combination skin. I went into Sephora specifically asking for a primer that was oil-free that would smooth my pores and keep my make up on all day, but was also friendly enough to not make me break out. I was immediately pointed to this and took a leap of faith (Especially considering the outrageous price!) At first I was pleased, but after about a week or so of using it, I started breaking out horribly. It's very liquidy and I really didn't see much of any difference between my makeup being on before or after-besides the fact that I now had to camoflauge the breakouts caused by this. My hunt for a great primer is going to have to continue.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by xiaomaicao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Unfortunately, NARS pro prime was my ever first primer. When I first purchased in Bangkok departmental store, was about 1200 baht. I find the packaging pretty inconvenient as it keep leaking out after my first usage. And the only thing I found appropriate was the citrus smell. It's kind of watery-like, but after applying, it doesn't seems to soak into my skin. end of the day, I went home with clogged pores. Aftermath, breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I have oily skin and I use the Nars Matte Foundation which works great with my skin.... however thought I would try this oil free primer and all i can say is that my skin was still oily and it made my skin break out in spots! will never use again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I know I did not give this a high overall rating ...but I do have my reasons and here they are...(I have combination skin, dry on the cheeks and normal on the forehead/t-zone)

Generally, I do not need a foundation primer. However, I received a small sample of this from Sephora because I knew that I would want to use a foundation primer for nights when I go out so that my makeup stays fresh and non-shiny. The sephora SA led me to this primer as it is oil-free and helps diffuse the appearance of pores (which is not a problem for me).

I used it on my face on a day where it was quite humid outside, sunny, and where I had to wear foundation for the whole day. I only used the tiniest bit all over my face, especially areas such as my T-Zone, chin and cheeks. The texture is a light cream - not the typical consistency of face primers, but somewhat more thinner in consistency and spreads out easily.

With the tiniest amount applied evenly on my face, my foundation was still able to stay on my face without fading for 12 hours. It looked as if I freshly applied foundation. In addition, my face stayed non-shiny. Of course, I did have some oily spots peer through, but who wouldn't when you wear foundation for 12 hours?

I have never had a problem with the silicone content within primers and so I never broke out to this product/ or had any irritation to my skin.

I did not notice a scent (oops). The packaging is alright - just a squeeze bottle. The only thing I do not like is the price (which is the main reason why I gave this such a low rating). You get 1oz of product for $38 CDN before taxes. That is quite a considerable amount to pay for a face primer. I know that with quality comes with price, but I would not spend that much still, especially because I do not require a primer on an everyday basis. However, that being said, I would purchase/ or ask for another sample because this product delivers and does not irritate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by audmac

I got a sample tube of this from sephora and use it on certian spots where i tend to get oily- forehead, chin. it does help with decreasing shine. It is a pain to have to apply two different primers being careful not to mix/double cover areas so I usually just use my regular primer and use a shine absorbing sheet later in the day. I have combination skin and know from past experience that if I used this all over I would have dry flaky patches so thats why I only use it in oily areas. I am pretty sure there are other similar products so I may or may not repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm still on the search for the perfect primer. This is another one that didn't quite make the cut. I think I'm getting closer though. Everything about this product was great, and I was just about to buy it in a full size tube until after a few days of use, I noticed it was starting to break out my skin. Uggh. This product was awesome in every other way though, it smelled nice, wasn't oily, dried quickly, and helped my makeup last longer on my face.