April 16, 2014 | 1386 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NARS - Pore Refining Primer - Oil Free

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by xiaomaicao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Unfortunately, NARS pro prime was my ever first primer. When I first purchased in Bangkok departmental store, was about 1200 baht. I find the packaging pretty inconvenient as it keep leaking out after my first usage. And the only thing I found appropriate was the citrus smell. It's kind of watery-like, but after applying, it doesn't seems to soak into my skin. end of the day, I went home with clogged pores. Aftermath, breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I have oily skin and I use the Nars Matte Foundation which works great with my skin.... however thought I would try this oil free primer and all i can say is that my skin was still oily and it made my skin break out in spots! will never use again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I know I did not give this a high overall rating ...but I do have my reasons and here they are...(I have combination skin, dry on the cheeks and normal on the forehead/t-zone)

Generally, I do not need a foundation primer. However, I received a small sample of this from Sephora because I knew that I would want to use a foundation primer for nights when I go out so that my makeup stays fresh and non-shiny. The sephora SA led me to this primer as it is oil-free and helps diffuse the appearance of pores (which is not a problem for me).

I used it on my face on a day where it was quite humid outside, sunny, and where I had to wear foundation for the whole day. I only used the tiniest bit all over my face, especially areas such as my T-Zone, chin and cheeks. The texture is a light cream - not the typical consistency of face primers, but somewhat more thinner in consistency and spreads out easily.

With the tiniest amount applied evenly on my face, my foundation was still able to stay on my face without fading for 12 hours. It looked as if I freshly applied foundation. In addition, my face stayed non-shiny. Of course, I did have some oily spots peer through, but who wouldn't when you wear foundation for 12 hours?

I have never had a problem with the silicone content within primers and so I never broke out to this product/ or had any irritation to my skin.

I did not notice a scent (oops). The packaging is alright - just a squeeze bottle. The only thing I do not like is the price (which is the main reason why I gave this such a low rating). You get 1oz of product for $38 CDN before taxes. That is quite a considerable amount to pay for a face primer. I know that with quality comes with price, but I would not spend that much still, especially because I do not require a primer on an everyday basis. However, that being said, I would purchase/ or ask for another sample because this product delivers and does not irritate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by audmac

I got a sample tube of this from sephora and use it on certian spots where i tend to get oily- forehead, chin. it does help with decreasing shine. It is a pain to have to apply two different primers being careful not to mix/double cover areas so I usually just use my regular primer and use a shine absorbing sheet later in the day. I have combination skin and know from past experience that if I used this all over I would have dry flaky patches so thats why I only use it in oily areas. I am pretty sure there are other similar products so I may or may not repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by staci13

I'm still on the search for the perfect primer. This is another one that didn't quite make the cut. I think I'm getting closer though. Everything about this product was great, and I was just about to buy it in a full size tube until after a few days of use, I noticed it was starting to break out my skin. Uggh. This product was awesome in every other way though, it smelled nice, wasn't oily, dried quickly, and helped my makeup last longer on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sparklingBG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample from Sephora a while back and I have been trying it out for the past couple of weeks. I don't think this product works with my combination skin. I like the texture of this product (gel-feeling) and it felt nice on the skin. Yesterday for convocation, I wore it under my tinted moisturizer (also NARS) and the face was so oily! I wish I wore powder. I'm going to try it again tomorrow with powder and if the same thing happens, I will write the primer off :/

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

This is a really good primer if you want to smooth out your pores. I normally use this only on my cheeks and the side of my nose. If you have oily to combo then I would suggests to use a mattifying primer on your t zone. This is what I do then set the foundation with a powder and it works perfectly. It's expensive for a little packaging but you don't need a lot and its spreads out real well.

I would buy this again because its feels moisturizing on my cheeks but not oily enough that it makes me look like a grease ball.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This primer made my skin look disgusting. My blackheads (sorry xP)around my nose were more visible than ever when I had this on.
My foundation didnt set, it slided around even after I used powder.
Maybe I had a bad face.. week, but I did notice that my face looked dirty, orange and greasy with this on. I think it made my foundation oxidize.
Will def not buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

PROS: ...
CONS: It smells weird, it looks weird ; )
I don't think it really did anything and I am pretty sure it might have helped to dry out my skin. Anyways, it didn't do anything at all for my pores or to keep my makeup on longer. Not worth the big $$$

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

This is a 'nice' product, but i wont finish it before chucking it/finding something better. I have oily skin, around my nose is the worst, the usual t zone. The only foundations that seem to work well on me are these long lasting ones- such as mac's studio fix fluid or EL DW...which i dont really like to wear during the days as they are so full coverage. I like to have the option of wearing lighter, dewier foundations and set out to look for a matte primer. I dont like the smashbox typical 'silicone' primers, that feel greasy on your fingers before you have even put on your face. This one is not like that at all. Its looks like a thin white lotion. No greasiness at all. My make up does smooth on much nicer, and look nice over it, but...it doesnt do a thing for my oily skin at all...as in at all. I dont see any difference. Im still oily within a few hours and shiny. The best so far i have found is illamasqua matte primer, which i will prob go back to