NARS Pore Refining Primer - Oil Free

2.8

Aqua (Water), Isododecane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Dimethicone, Poly(Glycol Adipate)/Bis-Hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Dipropylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Lens Esculenta [Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Seed Extract], Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Potassium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Lavandula Angustifolia [Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract], Carbomer, Retinyl Palmitate, Petasites Japonicus (Petasites Japonicus Root Extract), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Trisodium Edta, Vp/Va Copolymer, Bisabolol, Niacinamide, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Amodimethicone, Potassium Sorbate, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 9/16/2013 1:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

After test driving a sample of this primer for several weeks, my conclusion is that this doesn't work for my combo/oily skin. At first I was impressed when the SA put a bit on my hand and it absorbed quickly like a lotion and didn't have the typical silicone-y texture like most makeup primers. I went home with a sample and used it under the new NARS cream foundation, but it didn't live up to its claims. I needed to blot by mid-day and was just as shiny using this primer, and I didn't notice any blurring effect on my pores/lines.

This primer is rubbish! It made my Nars foundation go on all patchy & sank in my pores, will not buy again

on 7/11/2013 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an okay face primer, not the best though. It didn't really do anything to my skin to make it smooth but I did like that it was refreshing and light on my skin. I will not be buying it again as it is very expensive where I live and there are better primers out there.

on 5/20/2013 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This primer is the best... I have tried so many primers from Smashbox to Urban Decay and all I can say is that this one really kept my face matte and not oily. I brought this primer to Fresno and I did not even have to blot my face not even once.. I love love this primer and will continue to buy.

on 5/13/2013 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Mmm... I was expecting more, its like so watery and it doesn't cover my pores at all. I wish this one has SFP like the other primer from NARS, but it's ok but not for the price, I think you pay for what you get, I would pay for this one like 20 dollars not 40, as I did.

on 4/4/2013 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It does an OK job as a primer, but the packaging is TERRIBLE! The product gets all over the cap after the first use. The product itself is not too bad, but certainly I am not willing to waste it since it is so expensive.

on 3/9/2013 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I know no primer is perfect, my favorite was mac matifiant but they discontinued it. I have used smashbox, reviva and now this. I liked them all because of that soft silicone smooth feel but I am so surprised that nars got such a low rating.

It does not give the feeling of smashbox but it mattifies my skin for several hours. My nose is always shiny but the other areas stay matte for the most of the day which is much better than the ones listed above. I like this product and will purchase again.

on 2/28/2013 12:19:00 AM

This is crap. It made my skin oily and my makeup melted off.

on 2/26/2013 4:47:00 PM

I've been looking for a decent primer for quite some time. I have, for the most part, combination skin. I went into Sephora specifically asking for a primer that was oil-free that would smooth my pores and keep my make up on all day, but was also friendly enough to not make me break out. I was immediately pointed to this and took a leap of faith (Especially considering the outrageous price!) At first I was pleased, but after about a week or so of using it, I started breaking out horribly. It's very liquidy and I really didn't see much of any difference between my makeup being on before or after-besides the fact that I now had to camoflauge the breakouts caused by this. My hunt for a great primer is going to have to continue.

on 12/3/2012 12:30:00 AM

Unfortunately, NARS pro prime was my ever first primer. When I first purchased in Bangkok departmental store, was about 1200 baht. I find the packaging pretty inconvenient as it keep leaking out after my first usage. And the only thing I found appropriate was the citrus smell. It's kind of watery-like, but after applying, it doesn't seems to soak into my skin. end of the day, I went home with clogged pores. Aftermath, breakouts.

Popular Primer/ Correctors