November 28, 2014 | 1923 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer was ok it filled in the pores well as it says it would and the tiny wrinkles under my eyes but the primer itself was way too oily/greasy. No matter how little I used, it broke my skin out so bad and I had to give it away. Definitely not for acne prone/sensitive skin like mine. I'm trying to recover my skin after a huge break out all over my face :-/ this was a no no for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by simidearest

This product feels very silky and smooth, very matte. The only other product I've tried with this type of consistency was Maybelline Dream Matte (which I do not recommend, it has an orangey pigmentation to it) and I loved the way it felt on my skin.

Anyway, it seems to work well so far, I've only been using it less than a week. I love the texture so much!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by amberoertel

I absolutely love this product! It makes my makeup application so easy, and it doesn't break me out. The texture is kind of funky and it takes awhile to get used to but it helps if you shake up the bottle a little bit first. Also, this product definatley works for me my skin isn't really oily, but it also isn't really dry so I think that is why it works so well for me. I've accidently fallen asleep with this product under all my makeup and woke up the next day without my makeup having worn off. All in all I really like this product and highly recomend it to people who are looking for a cheap primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by pyrochemical

Leaves my skin nice, soft and even also appears to blur my blemishes a bit. Doesn't affect my acne and hold nicely to what it says it will do.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall a good primer, I find myself reaching for this often, makes makeup application smooth and long lasting, oil control is pretty average but I'm not overly oily so I don't find that much of a problem, If I work a long day or its hot out I may have to blot once. I don't think this has broken me out yet either, which is good since I'm very acne prone and often break out when I try new products. I would buy this again and Id like to try the other two sheer envy primers. The only thing that is not making this perfect for me is that its not doing anything for my complexion in the long run I like to feel like my make up products are benefiting my skin ex. vitamin/mineral infused or moisturizing. Also from the texture I am worried that over time it may break me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by TXHunny84

This awful. I felt like I was putting a wax on my face. Left my face shiny, oily and didn't help my makeup stay on longer. :-( #EpicFail

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by beautyofthewest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I did not like this product because it does not go on smoothly on your skin. It is almost like dried gel it just flakes when you are applying it. I am going to have to keep looking

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, HC! Very well done. So, I've worm primer every now and again. I started with the ax primer without SPF, liked how it worked under my studio fix fluid and then never purchased it again when I ran out. Then I got my hands on smashbox's very popular primer and it broke me out something terrible! So recently I tried this after purchasing it at wal mart. It definitely makes my makeup glide on seamlessly, helps my concealer not get that cakes look and keeps my makeup fresh all day. I do have to blot as per usual as I am an oily girl but this definitely helps with keeping my makeup from running or fading throughout the day. I will definitely repurchase when I run out. HG!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by mimili09

Make the face reeeally greasy and oily .. Doesn't even help makeup staying longer AND made me break out .. Never buy this, AWFUL

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you don't want to purchase a high end primer, this hard candy one is your absolute best bet at the drugstore, it leaves a very pleasant texture on my skin and improves my foundations longevity and overall performance. You get a decent amount of product for the price and the packaging is cute as well. If i didn't already have about 4 primers to go through i would repurchase this again, and it will definitely be my go to drugstore primer when i decide to buy it again. I'd give this a thumbs up and say give it a try if you enjoy a silicone type primer.