Hard Candy Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer

3.3

I actually really liked this primer. I've tried Almay (STAY AWAY), Nivea (just okay) and Baby Skin (too slippery) and this primer is just perfect. I don't really have any wrinkles so I can't speak to that, but I will say this primer minimized my pores and made my skin feel like silk. I waited five minutes before applying foundation with a damp sponge and it applied like a dream. No settling into my smile lines or any dry patches. This stuff is cheap too, it's only $8 at the WalMart I work at. I've also ordered the ELF mineral infused primer to try, but for now this is the one I'm reaching for every time!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Another useless product to me.
Did nothing for my makeup or my skin.

Pretty good primer, it is very smooth and makes your face very soft. My makeup went on much smoother.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Went to Walmart to get another bottle of Revlon Miracle Blur located in the face lotion/cleanser area because I liked the primer effect but did not like the price (even at Walmart). Came across the Hard Candy Skin Perfecting Primer while in the cosmetics area, read the instructions, and LOVED the price. Bought it, tried it and LOVE it!

After cleansing my face, I apply this primer and allow it to set per the instructions (I give it about 3 minutes). My skin feels smoother instantly and my foundation goes on very nicely. At the end of the day in hot, humid weather, my make up still looks fresh and matte! It also still feels smooth without being oily. For me, the Hard Candy Skin Perfecting Primer works better than Miracle Blur and is better for my budget. At least I don't have to be broke to stay lookin beaufiful all day!

Pretty decent primer, silicone feeling and you only need a drop for the entire face. Hasn't broken me out, and definitely prevents my makeup from oxidizing or fading. In winter this helps protect my dry skin too! If you are on a budget and want to try a primer, this is good! I've been using this for 5 months everyday and the bottle is still 9/10th full (odd!). Would repurchase but I'm going to invest in more skin friendly primer next time. But definitely a great investment! (For oily and normal skins)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this primer. The texture is so amazing. I love how it feels. I almost just want to wear it because of the texture. It fills in my pores and fine lines and makeup stayed on a lot longer today so I will definitely be buying this again.

Claims to: "evens out skin tone and creates a flawless, smooth finish to skin. Fills in fine lines, wrinkles, and pores. Can be worn alone or under makeup."

So I bought this product at Walmart for only $8, so its a good product for people on a budget. This product has no colour to it and is a silicone-like texture. All you need a pea-sized amount since a little goes a very long way. I find that this product doesn't even out my skin tone and reduces the look of pores minimally. I am not sure if this product fills in fine lines in wrinkles since i don't have any wrinkles and very few fine lines. When first applied, it sets to a matte finish and feels very silky, which I love. I find that the product doesn't really control oil, so by the end of the day I'm still an oil slick (i get SUPER oily by the end of the day). When worn alone, I don't really find a difference in the appearance of my skin besides it looking more matte. When worn under makeup, I do not see much of a difference in the longevity of my makeup either since his primer doesn't really control my oil. I also tend to have very dry skin after I wash my face in the morning, so this doesn't smooth over dry patches to prep my face for foundation either. This primer did not break me out.

PROS:
-sets to a matte finish
-makes skin soft and silky when first applied
-a little goes a long way
-price
-didn't break me out

CONS:
-does not even out my skin tone
-minimally makes a difference to appearance of my large pores
-doesn't control my oil
-no huge difference to appearance of skin if worn alone
-no difference when wearing it under makeup then wearing my makeup without this primer

Greasy, doesn't correct my skin tone and it just doesn't feel right... Although this was my first time purchasing a primer but I think I know what "bad" is... I've never seen primers in this kind of consistency before. It hasn't broken me out or made my foundation worse but it definitely didn't improve it. I really feel bad reviewing this because I love the Hard Candy brand and this just...-sigh- don't buy it guys. 9$ does seem tempting but You can get better primers.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The first time I used this product, I thought I loved it. I finally found a drugstore product (walmart- $9) that would educe the visibility of my pore and keep me looking less oily. After washing my face that night, I realized I was SO wrong. Yes, it sort of kept my foundation on a little longer, but my face was so broken out! I looked like a 14 year old going through puberty after I washed this product off. And not just small pimples, but large cystic lumps all over my face. The silicone base had suffocated my face! I guess if you have hard as nails skin that wil never break out, sheer envy might work for you- but I ended up spending more money on quality products to cover up the damage left on my face after throwing sheer envy right into trash.

For the price this primer works so well! It hardly takes any at all (maybe less than a pea size amount) to get it all over your face. It controls oil and makes my Lancôme foundation last all during the day. Great product.

Popular Primer/ Correctors