April 17, 2014 | 1572 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Overall a good primer, I find myself reaching for this often, makes makeup application smooth and long lasting, oil control is pretty average but I'm not overly oily so I don't find that much of a problem, If I work a long day or its hot out I may have to blot once. I don't think this has broken me out yet either, which is good since I'm very acne prone and often break out when I try new products. I would buy this again and Id like to try the other two sheer envy primers. The only thing that is not making this perfect for me is that its not doing anything for my complexion in the long run I like to feel like my make up products are benefiting my skin ex. vitamin/mineral infused or moisturizing. Also from the texture I am worried that over time it may break me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by TXHunny84

This awful. I felt like I was putting a wax on my face. Left my face shiny, oily and didn't help my makeup stay on longer. :-( #EpicFail

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by beautyofthewest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I did not like this product because it does not go on smoothly on your skin. It is almost like dried gel it just flakes when you are applying it. I am going to have to keep looking

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, HC! Very well done. So, I've worm primer every now and again. I started with the ax primer without SPF, liked how it worked under my studio fix fluid and then never purchased it again when I ran out. Then I got my hands on smashbox's very popular primer and it broke me out something terrible! So recently I tried this after purchasing it at wal mart. It definitely makes my makeup glide on seamlessly, helps my concealer not get that cakes look and keeps my makeup fresh all day. I do have to blot as per usual as I am an oily girl but this definitely helps with keeping my makeup from running or fading throughout the day. I will definitely repurchase when I run out. HG!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by mimili09

Make the face reeeally greasy and oily .. Doesn't even help makeup staying longer AND made me break out .. Never buy this, AWFUL

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by ccbemiller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Many people had recommended I try this product and I'm so glad I did! It's a great price and feels silky smooth on my skin. Even my sister noticed how incredibly soft it was compared to her other primers. It does a great job at hiding imperfections (I have some scarring on my face from teenage acne) and making makeup last. The one thing I did notice when I was using it everyday was that it made me break out. So I reduced it to the nights when I go out and want my makeup to last. This seems to be just fine. Would definitely purchase again for the price but will continue my quest for the perfect primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you don't want to purchase a high end primer, this hard candy one is your absolute best bet at the drugstore, it leaves a very pleasant texture on my skin and improves my foundations longevity and overall performance. You get a decent amount of product for the price and the packaging is cute as well. If i didn't already have about 4 primers to go through i would repurchase this again, and it will definitely be my go to drugstore primer when i decide to buy it again. I'd give this a thumbs up and say give it a try if you enjoy a silicone type primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by nik89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Be aware how to use primers. When you're getting ready for the day, first moisturize your face with a decent amount of your preferred lotion (I myself use Cetaphil Moisturizer, it's the only brand that doesn't break me out). Anyways, let your lotion sit/soak for at LEAST 20 minutes before you apply any type of primer! If you don't, you won't see as good results. Now, this primer Sheer Envy by Hard Candy is a really nice product. What others fail to realize is that this brand was once sold at Fred Segal/Nordstorms. These are high end products but they made a partnership with Wal-mart so just keep that in mind. Before you use everyday SHAKE the bottle or it will come out watery. You only need up to a quarter size amount for your face. It will feel greasy but do not worry. I have sensitive skin that breaks out to a lot of different high end products but not this primer. I usually give it up to 5 minutes to set and then I start applying my concealer and foundation. This primer helps your concealer/foundation go a long way so you save product! I find that it lasts me all day as well. I do use the glamoflague concealer which I love. Hope this helps someone!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Mimiii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first make up primer I've ever used, so be warned, I don't know how this compares to high end ones, and I would like to try those, but I still think this product is wonderful. It goes on the skin very smooth and velvety; it has a very silicone-y texture to it, which was weird for me at first but I now really, really like it. I use this with my Revlon ColorStay (recently switched to the dry/normal skin formulation but works just as well with either formulations) which already has excellent staying power, but I feel more comfortable wearing make up if I know there is a sort of barrier between my foundation and my moisturized skin. I've also used this with my L'Oreal Magic Smooth Soufflé (sadly, it's being discontinued). It is a good foundation, but I had issues with the staying power, since I go to school in Puerto Rico where it's hot and humid and there is no air conditioning in our classrooms, you can imagine how I looked at the end of the day. But while using it in conjunction with this primer, it lasted considerably more! The foundation didn't look as fresh as I wish it had, (however I strongly believe this to be the foundation's fault, not the primer's) but you could tell I still had some on! This product is wonderful. You don't have to let it 'sit' before applying foundation, which I like, I'm usually in a rush, so this is perfect. It helps my make up last for a long time, and the best part is that I have never, ever had a breakout due to this product, and I have acne prone skin. My skin used to be combination, but recently, it has gotten very dry and works just was well, so I would recommend this for all skin types! It's not expensive and you need such little product to get the job done! It aids in making the foundation application much more smooth and easy. All in all, you won't be disappointed and I'm nearly finished with my bottle (let me tell you, that bottle lasts forever!) and I plan on going to Walmart to repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by obrienm5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not like this primer at all. First of all, it's very slick and greasy feeling and that feeling does not go away. The other thing I hate about this primer is the fact that I broke out like CRAZY after using it. That was about a month ago and I'm still dealing with the aftermath from that. I think it might be a good primer for some people, but if you have acne-prone skin, beware!