Hard Candy Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer

3.2

on 2/5/2014 9:28:00 AM

Greasy, doesn't correct my skin tone and it just doesn't feel right... Although this was my first time purchasing a primer but I think I know what "bad" is... I've never seen primers in this kind of consistency before. It hasn't broken me out or made my foundation worse but it definitely didn't improve it. I really feel bad reviewing this because I love the Hard Candy brand and this just...-sigh- don't buy it guys. 9$ does seem tempting but You can get better primers.

on 2/4/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The first time I used this product, I thought I loved it. I finally found a drugstore product (walmart- $9) that would educe the visibility of my pore and keep me looking less oily. After washing my face that night, I realized I was SO wrong. Yes, it sort of kept my foundation on a little longer, but my face was so broken out! I looked like a 14 year old going through puberty after I washed this product off. And not just small pimples, but large cystic lumps all over my face. The silicone base had suffocated my face! I guess if you have hard as nails skin that wil never break out, sheer envy might work for you- but I ended up spending more money on quality products to cover up the damage left on my face after throwing sheer envy right into trash.

For the price this primer works so well! It hardly takes any at all (maybe less than a pea size amount) to get it all over your face. It controls oil and makes my Lancôme foundation last all during the day. Great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This primer was ok it filled in the pores well as it says it would and the tiny wrinkles under my eyes but the primer itself was way too oily/greasy. No matter how little I used, it broke my skin out so bad and I had to give it away. Definitely not for acne prone/sensitive skin like mine. I'm trying to recover my skin after a huge break out all over my face :-/ this was a no no for me.

on 11/11/2013 3:59:00 PM

This product feels very silky and smooth, very matte. The only other product I've tried with this type of consistency was Maybelline Dream Matte (which I do not recommend, it has an orangey pigmentation to it) and I loved the way it felt on my skin.

Anyway, it seems to work well so far, I've only been using it less than a week. I love the texture so much!!!!

on 10/19/2013 9:58:00 AM

I absolutely love this product! It makes my makeup application so easy, and it doesn't break me out. The texture is kind of funky and it takes awhile to get used to but it helps if you shake up the bottle a little bit first. Also, this product definatley works for me my skin isn't really oily, but it also isn't really dry so I think that is why it works so well for me. I've accidently fallen asleep with this product under all my makeup and woke up the next day without my makeup having worn off. All in all I really like this product and highly recomend it to people who are looking for a cheap primer.

on 10/15/2013 3:46:00 PM

Leaves my skin nice, soft and even also appears to blur my blemishes a bit. Doesn't affect my acne and hold nicely to what it says it will do.

on 9/25/2013 2:46:00 PM

Overall a good primer, I find myself reaching for this often, makes makeup application smooth and long lasting, oil control is pretty average but I'm not overly oily so I don't find that much of a problem, If I work a long day or its hot out I may have to blot once. I don't think this has broken me out yet either, which is good since I'm very acne prone and often break out when I try new products. I would buy this again and Id like to try the other two sheer envy primers. The only thing that is not making this perfect for me is that its not doing anything for my complexion in the long run I like to feel like my make up products are benefiting my skin ex. vitamin/mineral infused or moisturizing. Also from the texture I am worried that over time it may break me out.

on 8/17/2013 7:08:00 PM

This awful. I felt like I was putting a wax on my face. Left my face shiny, oily and didn't help my makeup stay on longer. :-( #EpicFail

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I did not like this product because it does not go on smoothly on your skin. It is almost like dried gel it just flakes when you are applying it. I am going to have to keep looking

Popular Primer/ Correctors