Origins Ginger Essence

4.1

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I love this fragrance. My husband bought me the 4 mL rollerball one year as a stocking-stuffer; and I hoarded it like a crazy person until I just decided to GO BUY A BOTTLE.

I actually got the set with the shower gel and the body lotion in addition to the 50 mL spray perfume bottle (and I think it was like $45 altogether).

I just never get tired of smelling it. It's close enough to the body that I don't think I'm being obnoxious or overwhelming; but to me it can be refreshing, or relaxing, or just plain comforting. I don't know, but it just hits those "happy" brain receptors for me.

It is not purely ginger (I think the candles are more gingery-smelling) but I also adore citrus scents. My one complaint is that it doesn't seem to last very long.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This fragrance is strong enough that it stays on all day, but it doesn’t make me sneeze. Double win! It smells like ginger and citrus, but also like an unidentifiable spice. Vanilla, maybe? It smells exactly like the Origins store, a scent that I can’t get enough of. It’s fresh, spicy, and green– no floral notes here. Every time I smell it, I think of a natural spa, an oasis with lush plants, marble tiles, tropical iced tea, and lots of Moroccan floor pillows. Maybe an elephant roaming by…but that’s just me. Very calming, relaxing, and natural.

When I review a fragrance, I like to picture what kind of woman I imagine wearing it. The Ginger Essence woman is calm and collected–no frills and no drama. She is healthy and independent. She probably has a garden, a few animals, and a slightly bohemian, yet simple style.

Ginger Essence makes a great signature scent because it is recognizable and unique, but appropriate enough to wear just about anywhere. I think it could pass as a unisex scent, though it is marketed as a women’s fragrance.

I tried this based on the reviews here because I tend to love all things ginger tasting/smelling. What a wonderful find! I'm absolutely in love with this scent. When you first put it on it seems a little too fizzy smelling, almost harsh. Wait a second and it mellows into something sweet, subtle, pleasant and intoxicating. I think this may be my favorite scent of all time. I've been wearing it daily for about two months and I'm about to run out. A co-worker complimented my scent the other day and asked what it was. When I told her she said "Oh yeah!" and said she loves this too. Definitely worth investigating.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is my #1 favorite fragrance, hands down, even though I don't wear it (or any fragrance) on a daily basis. It is the only fragrance I never get sick of smelling, and one of the few that doesn't make my a bit queasy if I spray on a lot of it. I love ginger flavored things to eat and drink, so maybe that's why. The body souffle, which I also have and like, smells different-- more citrusy. The fragrance, on the other hand, really reminds me of ginger ale. I adore the Intensified version, and the original one. Perfect in any season. I had the soap and shampoo before Origins discontinued those.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my signature scent and has been for many years. Many of the other perfumes I own, I either wear only in the colder months or only in the warmer months. Ginger Essence is non-seasonal for me. It's spicy enough to be worn during the fall/winter, yet citrusy enough for spring/summer. There is a perfect balance between the two and one never overpowers the other. It smells warm and cozy yet energetic and invigorating. Others have stated that they do not find this to be very long-lasting, however, I layer it with both the body wash and body cream and can still smell the lingering scent at the end of the day. Whenever I wear this, someone will ask what I am wearing and tell me how good I smell. It's also my husband's favorite fragrance on me. It's a unique, fresh scent that I never tire of and will always have in my collection.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This fragrance is a perfect scent that is noticeable without being too overwhelming.
The scent is very similar to a citrus scent with a spicy zing to it.

The only downfall to this scent is that it doesn't last as long as I would like it to. However, it is easy to get past that since the body is small and portable, and of course, the fragrance is just so lovely.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My SIL bought me this set (w/ souffle and scrub) for Christmas- I'm enamored with it. Nice and spicy, zingy, lemony zip, but mostly, clean and nice and not cloying. I like how the scent lingers on my clothes and in my hair- it's warm and clean. I usually wear a lavender fragrance (antiheros etat libre d'orange), but this is really nice for the winter or when I'm not looking for something quite as bracing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the Ginger Essence fragrance. It is not too strong, it's not cloying on me. It's pretty natural. It's my go-to fragrance that I can where anytime. I usually wear the Ginger Essence™ Intensified Fragrance Rollerball, but I also like the lotions, body wash, and spray perfume. Great scent for me and my chemistry. I feel like it doesn't both others, either.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I like the initial impression of Ginger Essence, but it falls apart
quickly to something not worth bothering about on me. If it would just
stay like the first 5 minutes, I'd buy it.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A friend of mine bought me this as a Christmas present 2 years ago..at that point I was on a hunt trying to find a scent that really reflected my personality, and also mixed well with my body type.
This is it. A light citrus, sweet scent. I am in love :~)
I would not recommend buying the roller of the ginger essence, I made that mistake wanting a travel size when I went overseas last winter and it did not smell the same..it smelled like alcohol, and once dried there was the faintest hint of the ginger essence coming through.

Popular Fragrances