December 19, 2014 | 1536 users online

Fragrances - Origins - Ginger Essence

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my signature scent and has been for many years. Many of the other perfumes I own, I either wear only in the colder months or only in the warmer months. Ginger Essence is non-seasonal for me. It's spicy enough to be worn during the fall/winter, yet citrusy enough for spring/summer. There is a perfect balance between the two and one never overpowers the other. It smells warm and cozy yet energetic and invigorating. Others have stated that they do not find this to be very long-lasting, however, I layer it with both the body wash and body cream and can still smell the lingering scent at the end of the day. Whenever I wear this, someone will ask what I am wearing and tell me how good I smell. It's also my husband's favorite fragrance on me. It's a unique, fresh scent that I never tire of and will always have in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This fragrance is a perfect scent that is noticeable without being too overwhelming.
The scent is very similar to a citrus scent with a spicy zing to it.

The only downfall to this scent is that it doesn't last as long as I would like it to. However, it is easy to get past that since the body is small and portable, and of course, the fragrance is just so lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by birdyb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My SIL bought me this set (w/ souffle and scrub) for Christmas- I'm enamored with it. Nice and spicy, zingy, lemony zip, but mostly, clean and nice and not cloying. I like how the scent lingers on my clothes and in my hair- it's warm and clean. I usually wear a lavender fragrance (antiheros etat libre d'orange), but this is really nice for the winter or when I'm not looking for something quite as bracing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the Ginger Essence fragrance. It is not too strong, it's not cloying on me. It's pretty natural. It's my go-to fragrance that I can where anytime. I usually wear the Ginger Essence™ Intensified Fragrance Rollerball, but I also like the lotions, body wash, and spray perfume. Great scent for me and my chemistry. I feel like it doesn't both others, either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

I like the initial impression of Ginger Essence, but it falls apart
quickly to something not worth bothering about on me. If it would just
stay like the first 5 minutes, I'd buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by kohout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine bought me this as a Christmas present 2 years ago..at that point I was on a hunt trying to find a scent that really reflected my personality, and also mixed well with my body type.
This is it. A light citrus, sweet scent. I am in love :~)
I would not recommend buying the roller of the ginger essence, I made that mistake wanting a travel size when I went overseas last winter and it did not smell the same..it smelled like alcohol, and once dried there was the faintest hint of the ginger essence coming through.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by SimplyManda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Just bought this a week ago and I really love it so far. The scent is delicious- it's spicy/herbal but not heavy or overpowering. I think it will be warm enough to wear in the winter, but not too heavy for the summer months. The staying power is a little weaker than some heavier perfumes, but it gets me through a work day. The price is right (about $40) and the packaging is simple but elegant, which I like. If I run out of this, I will definitely consider repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by klausner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i tried this in store today~ i really like that it's warm & it smells to me like ginger ale. i can see, as one reviewer commented, 'it's warm in the winter & cool in the summer.'

i might actually buy a bottle! it's really nice! spicy, warm & almost fruity. i'm usually a chocolate, nutty, honey, caramel type scent wearer, but this is really different.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the roller-ball of this product from a gift set. I really like the smell, it does not overwhelm me and cause me to be nauseated like other perfumes. I find it has a light scent to it and gives me a warm cozy feeling. Hope I get this as a gift from someone because it's quite pricey.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I really wanted to like this perfume, the idea of ginger with a bit of lemon, maybe it would smell like a lemony gingerbread? A bit warm, a bit spicy. On me it smelt like all of that but overpowering, strong sharp lemon and strong spicy ginger, too foody, too strong, too lemony, too gingery.
Fortunately I only tried it, but I couldn't get rid of it even after washing - typical when you don't like something!