October 23, 2014 | 954 users online

Fragrances - Origins - Ginger Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This fragrance is a perfect scent that is noticeable without being too overwhelming.
The scent is very similar to a citrus scent with a spicy zing to it.

The only downfall to this scent is that it doesn't last as long as I would like it to. However, it is easy to get past that since the body is small and portable, and of course, the fragrance is just so lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by birdyb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My SIL bought me this set (w/ souffle and scrub) for Christmas- I'm enamored with it. Nice and spicy, zingy, lemony zip, but mostly, clean and nice and not cloying. I like how the scent lingers on my clothes and in my hair- it's warm and clean. I usually wear a lavender fragrance (antiheros etat libre d'orange), but this is really nice for the winter or when I'm not looking for something quite as bracing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the Ginger Essence fragrance. It is not too strong, it's not cloying on me. It's pretty natural. It's my go-to fragrance that I can where anytime. I usually wear the Ginger Essence™ Intensified Fragrance Rollerball, but I also like the lotions, body wash, and spray perfume. Great scent for me and my chemistry. I feel like it doesn't both others, either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

I like the initial impression of Ginger Essence, but it falls apart
quickly to something not worth bothering about on me. If it would just
stay like the first 5 minutes, I'd buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by kohout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine bought me this as a Christmas present 2 years ago..at that point I was on a hunt trying to find a scent that really reflected my personality, and also mixed well with my body type.
This is it. A light citrus, sweet scent. I am in love :~)
I would not recommend buying the roller of the ginger essence, I made that mistake wanting a travel size when I went overseas last winter and it did not smell the same..it smelled like alcohol, and once dried there was the faintest hint of the ginger essence coming through.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by SimplyManda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Just bought this a week ago and I really love it so far. The scent is delicious- it's spicy/herbal but not heavy or overpowering. I think it will be warm enough to wear in the winter, but not too heavy for the summer months. The staying power is a little weaker than some heavier perfumes, but it gets me through a work day. The price is right (about $40) and the packaging is simple but elegant, which I like. If I run out of this, I will definitely consider repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by klausner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i tried this in store today~ i really like that it's warm & it smells to me like ginger ale. i can see, as one reviewer commented, 'it's warm in the winter & cool in the summer.'

i might actually buy a bottle! it's really nice! spicy, warm & almost fruity. i'm usually a chocolate, nutty, honey, caramel type scent wearer, but this is really different.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the roller-ball of this product from a gift set. I really like the smell, it does not overwhelm me and cause me to be nauseated like other perfumes. I find it has a light scent to it and gives me a warm cozy feeling. Hope I get this as a gift from someone because it's quite pricey.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I really wanted to like this perfume, the idea of ginger with a bit of lemon, maybe it would smell like a lemony gingerbread? A bit warm, a bit spicy. On me it smelt like all of that but overpowering, strong sharp lemon and strong spicy ginger, too foody, too strong, too lemony, too gingery.
Fortunately I only tried it, but I couldn't get rid of it even after washing - typical when you don't like something!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I get compliments from both men and women when I wear this. I especially love wearing it during the Christmas season, which is now, because it reminds me of when Ginger Essence was first introduced as the Ginger Float limited-edition holiday bath soufflé. It's an uplifting, happy fragrance.