September 1, 2014 | 1148 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Fox in a Box Smooth Talker

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am about NW25 (maybe a hair darker) so I am by no means "pale". I do not see why there is not more love for this blush! Ok, the packaging is tacky as all get out (they took one from Benefit's play book), and it is a bit on the dry powdery side, but this only costs like $6. I am a bit spoiled as I am a NARS blush girl at heart, but figured I'd give this a go. Not bad for $6! Decent color payoff. A subtle orangey-bronzey color. While this blush by no means rocks my world, it is decent. I set the bar high-NARS blush is the standard by which I judge all others. Smooth Talker is definitely not in the same league as NARS, but it is at least in the ballpark. Pitch the worthless included brush and use a real blush brush instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Do not get this if you're expecting a ton of color pay-off. It is a nude blush; however, I adore it. It reminds me a lot of Tarte Exposed which is one of my favorite nude blushes. I like to wear this on it's own, but more often, I wear this on top of other blushes to tone them down or blend.

wonderful texture, a bit powdery, but nothing I can't handle.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lovedrunk

I was under the impression this was going to have a bronzing affect but that is not the case. The packaging is AWFUL. It looks cute but it's made out of cardboard and the top doesn't even close shut which can cause problems with breaking/cracking in the future. The brush is useless which isn't surprising as most drug store applicators are. I'm naturally fair skin but I currently have a little bit of tan and this product does not really show up on my face. When you swatch it on your finger tips it looks very pigmented but once you apply it directly to your face it is not really noticeable. If anything, it can probably be used as a highlighter as the other reviews have said. I've heard good things about their other fox in a box, spicy and sweet, which I may consider trying as this product in this shade was a let down.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I use this as a little shimmer/highlight over my regular blush. It's fine for that, has a sheen to it but is not over the top. There is not a lot of colour to it so I would not use this as my only cheek colour. I am not a fan of the box/packaging, it's annoying to use and close and even a cheap plastic case would have made more sense imo. Might repurchase, put it as a yes for now because it's cheap and works as a subtle highlight which was what I was looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I originally purchased this product cause I wanted a product similar to Benefits boxed blushes without the price. When I got this home I swatched it on my hand and loved the color. When I apply this to my face it's alot more sheer, and more of a "glow" then some color. However, I love it. I love the fact that it makes it look like my cheeks are glowing, but I wouldn't classify it as a highlighter (I have used it as a highlighter though!) Overall i'm insanely pleased with my decision to purchase this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by msayon88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after multiple coats i couldn't see a thing. looks nice in box but that's about it

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by lorelore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would say this product is very decieving.... what you see in not at all what you get.... it looks as if when swirled together you will get a warm color and from just looking at it in the pan i saw no shimmer (which i stay away from) but when applied, it showed no color, only a golden sheen, not chinky glitter the sheen would be nice if i didn't have texture onmy face which shimmer makes way too evident., it is also very powdery and the packaging is cheaply performed the brush is crap!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by aipc29

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cheap and chalky and didn't even show up on my skin. Applied about 3 coats and still couldn't see it. Slight shimmer which settled in my crowsfeet-thanks a lot. Darkest strip of color was evident on my skin but looked like my face was dirty. I returned this the next day. What junk!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by April79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Cute packaging...But...O....M....G! Horrible, Horrible, Horrible!

I use HE and DS blushes.....This was chalky and didn't even show up on my NC20 skin......don't love it. It's going back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes...I was suckered in by the packaging...which never happens to me, but the price justified the buy. I love how this blush looks when mixed together. On my Asian skin, I generally tend to stay away from a lot of pink blushes bc they're too cool for my warm skintone (i stick to plums and peaches), but this has a good mix of pink w/peach. I love the soft glow it gives you w/just the slightest sheen. Yes, the product is super powdery, but I guess I got lucky and got a box that actually closes. I think i was expecting the worst out of the brush, so I was actually surprised and use it in a pinch, though i prefer to use a separate brush. I know people are comparing this to Benefit's Sugarbomb, but when comparing the cost, you have to realize that you only get half the amount of product (0.2 oz for $6) in comparison to Benefit (0.4 oz for $28), but it is still good value for the money. I wouldn't say the blush is extremely long lasting, but I don't really expect that from a drugstore blush. I don't know if I'd try the other colors cuz I don't think they'd go well w/my skintone, but I like this one!