Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation

3.7

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 1.9%; Titanium Dioxide 4.1%; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Nylon-12, SD Alcohol 40-B, Titanium dioxide, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Glycerin, Iron oxides (CI 77492), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Iron oxides (CI 77491), Polyglyceryl-2 diisostearate, Xylitol, Erythritol, Sodium Glutamate, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum hydraoxide, Aluminum distearate, Alumina, Disteardimonium hectorite, Iron oxides (CI 77499), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, PEG/PPG-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Polysilicone-2, Vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene glycol, Tocopherol, Zinc oxide (CI 77947), Mica, Dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate, Barium sulfate, Sodium metabisculfite, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, BHT, Methicone, Dimethicone/methicone Copolymer, Tetradecene, Benzoic acid

Not quite sure how the refining part works, all I can say that I found the foundation quite thick and too powdery. My face looked like a mask: very flat and lifeless. Yet I must add, that I do prefer a light finish.
Maybe the product is good for someone with very bad skin when lots has to be covered as the foundation seemed to have a lot of coverage.

on 6/6/2014 7:11:00 AM

I've been wanting to try a Shiseido foundation for quite some time now and was glad to pick this up after getting colour matched at a counter.
My skin has uneven skin tone from past acne scars, but they have faded overtime from brown marks to now light pink/red, which is noticeable against my Asian light/medium yellow skin tone. The coverage of this foundation for me is great, one thin layer is all I need. It covers the discolouration and provides a natural coverage. I would say this is a light-medium coverage, leaning more towards the medium mark.
I got the shade O 20, natural light ocre. When first applied to the skin (not yet blended out), you can see that the colour has yellowy/orange tones to it, which makes it a fantastic match for my Asian skin tone!
If I remember correctly, the information brochure inside of the packaging said the finish is dewy, but for me it is not at all. For me, the finish is semi-matte, which is new for me because I don't wear matte foundations. However, the skin does look very natural and the foundation is not obvious in natural lighting!
I have an oily t-zone, and I found even after powdering, a few hours later my forehead and nose would look a bit shiny. The lasting power is great, I wore it for long hours while on vacation and when I went to take off my make up for the night, everything was still intact!

on 5/22/2014 6:25:00 AM

I am a makeup artist and I love this foundation. It's the only one I have found that has good coverage but feels light and enjoy wearing all day at work. It stays on all day with translucent powder over the top or the Shiseido powdery foundations goes beautifully with it and gives you alittle bit more coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product!! I absolutely love it!!

I apply this with my beauty blender.... It has great coverage, it's light and works well with the Shiseido primer as well.

Only thing, it doesn't last all day. I need to reapply it on blemishes and scars...

I have acne prone skin, I feel as if this is helping my acne, and my face can breathe :)

The bottle is very small, not sure how long it last. But overall it's great!! I need to invest in the translucent powder also =] xox

on 5/7/2014 7:56:00 AM

This is a good foundation, light and velvetly. It doesn't look cakey on my face, but somedays I see some flakes. It's quite matt for my taste, so I mix it with a shimmer loose powder. I won't buy it again, because I' ve tried Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15, which is much better.

on 4/27/2014 7:34:00 AM

im asian and i use 040 natural fair orche.

pro's
good coverage med - full
not oily
only need a little bit to use

con's
a bit orange tint
small bottle

overall i would buy this again but i would like to try other foundations out there

on 3/24/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i dont know if i would buy this product again but it's not bad. i normally apply it with my bb cream but it doesnt cover my pores on my noses and it makes my skin quite dry as you can see my skin peeling. but overall, the colour is great especially for yellow undertones.

on 3/10/2014 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This is a great foundation, it is one of my top 5's for sure. The good thing about this foundation is its very thin liquidy yet its coverage is amazing! I have a lot of scarring on my face and discoloration along with some blemishes and a tiny amount of this foundation goes a long way. This is my go to foundation in the summer because it is very light and i almost feel as if theres nothing on my face.

some pros:
-It doesnt look cakey on your face
-no breakouts or skin irritation
-amazing buildable coverage
-easy to apply

cons:
-very selective color selection unfortunantley hard to find the perfect shade for your skin tone
-pricey...but well worth it!

all in all great product and i recommend it to anyone that likes light yet great coverage foundation!

on 3/10/2014 3:00:00 PM

I loved this fountadion to bits! This was my first ''real'' foundation, I've only ever bought cheap drustore makeup. It cost me 440 kroner, which I think is quite pricy (Compared to my usual foundations, at least), but it was totally worth it!

My skin type is combined, very oily in the T-zone and the rest is flaky and dry. I have used a cheap BB cream on my flaky parts (which is the majority of my face) and the Shiseido fountation on the T-zone. It gave a natural finish and stayed matte all day long even without powder.

Pros:
Stays all day
Covers very well
Is antiseptic
Does not make skin oily

Cons:
Costs a bit more than I am willing to spend on my face :)

on 2/4/2014 1:07:00 AM

I am a devoted Shiseido user for more than 15 years and this product is so disappointing. I bought this online together with the Camellia Blush (another disappointment) as it was an online exclusive.

The consistency of the liquid is quite thin, which is nice, but then when I apply, it settles into pores, there are some bits of what looks like chalk on my skin. I end up with this white chalky appearance with some bits of micro chalk in small places like side of my nose and the space between my nose and eyes. It's very bad and if not for the price, I will toss this. I used it together with the pore-refining primer for the sample and translucent powder to sell andit gave me the same results.

I will stick to pressed powder and powder foundation for this brand.