April 19, 2014 | 1976 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Angelistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dove -

I have extremely beautiful long but very fine hair up to my waist, and this product is amazing in cleansing my hair and a lovely scent, and likewise with its conditioner and leave in treatment.

I personally like the leave in treatment of dove from this particular line.

I have received the best results for Head and Shoulders- Smooth and Silky. Easy to comb through, takes care of dandruff and leaves my hair feeling so silky I cannot tie up in a bun, because it drops back down like a velvety curtain. I will probably go back to Head and Shoulders once I have finished this bottle of shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo! I usually wait several weeks to review a product, but this time, I didn't, and here's why:
My hair had previously become extremely brittle, and, for some reason, despite the various attempts I made at reviving it(moisturizing profusely, clarifying then moisturizing, etc.), it would not come to life. Instead, it remained dry and brittle, and shedding was the natural consequence of that. On the very first use of this shampoo, I already felt a difference. It provided a cleansing, albeit a very light, moisturizing one that left my hair feeling lighter, bouncier, moist and full of 'slip'. I also notices that the time I washed with this shampoo(and changed no other factors of my hair washing routine), I had noticeably less shedding. Also, it's sold at an attractive price and the smell is light and inoffensive, which I can't necessarily say about other Dove products. This one will be with me for a bit.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Squelzy

I THOUGHT YOU WEREN'T LIKE THE OTHER SHAMPOOS!!! YOU LIED TO MEEEEEEEEEEeeee.....
Argh. So after waiting in anticipation for my Palmolive shampoo & cond to run out, I wanted to try the dove nourishing oil care shampoo and conditioner, because I had heard great things about it online. WRONG... or, i guess it just didn't work for me.
Is just an ordinary, s***y supermarket product that makes my roots oily and my ends dry and brittle - my hair is the LEAST shiny it has ever been!! Seriously, made my hair incredibly, incredibly dull, dry and lifeless. I have quite thick hair, and it just felt like it made it thicker and weighed down. THUMBS DOWN.
*le sigh* better get back to my impossible quest to find a good, non expensive shampoo and conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by MashaKucheryavaya

I have dry hair with oily roots, so it's been always hard for me to find a shampoo that works. Moreover, I dyed my hair 3 or 4 times in the last year. I tried expensive drugstore lines and professional haircare products, but whereas they made my hair ok, I never felt satisfied with the price/quality ratio. I switched to Dove Nutritive Therapy Shampoo and Conditionar a week ago and my hair is really soft, shiny and manageable now. The shampoo is neither organic, nor it does wonders to my hair and I know there are many better products out there, but I think for its price it does an excellent job.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by lilliputhaunt

This shampoo/conditioner is amazing. In the store, it doesn't seem like anything special. It smells and looks like all Dove products. When you use it, however, you realize that you shouldn't have judged the book by it's cover. After 1 use, this stuff instantly cut my frizz in half and made my hair reeeeally soft. Admittedly, it was a coated feeling softness, but for someone who bleaches their hair frequently and flat irons daily, natural softness isn't much of an option anymore. That said, if you're someone who has damaged, treated hair, this stuff is a must have. I'll also have to try the damage therapy shampoo and conditioner, because it's specifically formulated for damaged hair. The only thing I don't like about this is the conditioner bottle. The one on the shampoo is fine, but the one on the conditioner is made of hard, smooth plastic with no ridges or dents to assist it's opening, which makes it very difficult to open in the shower. Nonetheless, this is an excellent product that's worth trying for anyone with damaged hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by denns

A decent shampoo that doesn't strip hair of its natural moisture. I can't really say much else. Since it does have SLS and silicones in it its not all that amazing for hair. The "weightless oils" touted on the front are sweet almond oil and coconut oil - both good for the hair. I have curly 2B hair and this shampoo didn't make me frizzy which I liked. I enjoyed using this with the matching conditioner for a nice hydrated (but clean) feeling when I was heat styling my hair and not doing silicone/sulfate free. I generally enjoy using Dove shampoos and conditioners because they hydrate my hair without making it feel greasy on the second day. Still, there are better systems.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by norami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is great, but nothing miraculous. Ever since I started using the shampoo and conditioner, I stopped losing hair and my dandruff is 90% healed, but that may be because I switched from a horrible shampoo. Here's my take on it.

-gentle
-no overpowering smells
-feels fresh/cleans well (not greasy)
-well priced

But
-it didn't change anything in terms of frizz.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by honeybeesting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my HG shampoo. It truly is weightless, leaving behind no residue whatsoever, while making my hair shiny, soft, and less frizzy. There are often sales and coupons on Dove, so the price is really, really reasonable. The only thing I don't love is the smell--it has a typical, inoffensive generic shampoo scent, but it's like it's layered over a gross smell. It's not that bad, just not great. The performance of this shampoo far outweighs that minor concern, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Halpal422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product and can't say enough about it. The pair of the shampoo and conditioner from this line make my hair instantly soft the moment I finish conditioning. I have thin hair that gets easily oily and this really does have "weightless oils". I'm not a huge fan of the smell, it's not bad by any means but it just isn't a favorite. Other than that I will never buy another shampoo again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

It's just ok. Cleanses well & lathers up nicely, pleasant scent as well. But in the end it's just another DS shampoo. I don't love it but I'd buy it again if I needed a decent shampoo at an affordable price.