Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer

AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, TALC, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BORON NITRIDE, NYLON-12, PEG-10, PHENOXYETHANOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, ALUMINUM DIMYRISTATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) JUICE, PUNICA GRANATUM FRUIT JUICE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, EUTERPE OLERACEA JUICE POWDER, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, TOCOPHEROL, SAPPHIRE POWDER, PALMARIA PALMATA EXTRACT, 2-ETHYL HEXYL ACRYLATE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-:TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)].
Skin Tone adapting concealer
1-in-1 concealer and highlighter

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Update: this caused me some bad blemishes. I think it's the oil content. Wouldn't recommend for people who are acne prone! Does cover wonderfully though.

This was decent as a concealer but they should not market it as a highlighter whatsoever. Considering that I purchased this because it promised to double as a highlighter, I had to rate it a little low. I didn't hate the packaging as much as everyone else seems to but it did waste some product, which is a pet peeve of mine.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Ideally I'd like to give this 2.5 lippies but since that's not an option, I went with 2 lippies as 3 would be too generous. I've tried many low end, high end, and even luxury end concealers. This is not a bad product. However, it's certainly nothing special.

I bought the shade Fair.

Pros:
-Light consistency
-Didn't emphasize undereye texture (fine lines, eye bags)
-Affordable
-Good idea in theory
-Although it lacked major brightening effects, I was still thankful this didn't look like a glitter bomb went off under my eyes
-Buildable coverage

Cons:
-Very natural finish...I bought this for my undereye area so I much prefer a dewy/hydrating finish
-Full coverage is my preference. It's nice we can build this, but that's time consuming
-Lightest shade is still too dark for me
-Did nothing to brighten my undereye hollows
-RIMMEL PLEASE GET RID OF THE DAMN BRUSH APPLICATOR NOBODY WANTS TO USE THAT. Not only is it useless, it's a bacteria magnet and therefore disgusting.

I personally think this is a pretty good concealer and I like how the consistency is thick so it gives more coverage and I usually got a darker shade that matches my skin tone so I can cover up acne spots

In short, this is a nice product in crummy packaging.

Product: This is an inexpensive concealer that performs well on undereye circles and adequately on blemishes. It will not cover a bright red spot, but does well on marks that are starting to fade. It is buildable, and blends easily for a natural look. I set it with powder and it fades a little on raised blemishes, but lasts most of the day.

Package/Application: When I first tried this concealer under my eyes I had a difficult time dispensing the right amount of product onto the brush. I ended up with too much and it looked streaky. I then tried brushing the product on to my finger and dabbing it on to my eyes, which resulted in a better application, but a fair bit of waste and mess on the brush.

I have since popped the brush end off the tube altogether and squeeze a little concealer directly on to my hand, then use a clean finger to dab it onto my under eyes. If you decide to remove the brush, don't do the same stupid thing I did and store the tube upside down. This works well except that it is difficult to squeeze a small amount through the large opening left in the tube. If this was packaged in a tube with a small nozzle I would give it 5 stars.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've been using this in the lightest shade (fair) to highlight my undereye area and it does the job pretty well I would say. Has a brush tip and the consistency isn't too thick or too thin. My only gripe is that I wish it was a bit more pigmented for the sake of a strong highlight effect.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I started using this early summer because I needed concealer in a hurry and couldn't make it to Sephora. I love this stuff! I use it to contour and conceal. I'm a half Native American half white so I am pale with a golden hue usually. I use 230 and 240 for my contouring. So easy to use and gives a great glow. I like to have a slight dewy look and this delivers. I will use an actual highlighter on top of this if I am going out but even alone with some setting spray it works wonderfully.

Only two places of concern. The packaging could be better. You always end up with a ton left in the container that you can't get to without opening it and using a brush to get it out. Also when I first started using it I got some blemishes. I started using a more intense cleanser and I was fine. It's just pretty oily.

One more thing to add, since the product is fairly light for a concealer It doesn't highlight eye wrinkles. I have had problems with that with many concealers. Also some people say it doesn't conceal enough? You need to built it up if you need heavier coverage.

TLDR: works great, have bought many times, light feeling on skin, no highlighting wrinkles, may cause some blemishes

I love this product it does its job and it doesn't crease on me . The only downfall is the color is a bit wiered but after drying and setting it with a powder it looks fine. I'm an NC40 and use this in medium , I love that this shade brightens but doesn't look super light. I prefer my concealer to be close to my complexion , I dislike using something lighter .

I like this second to Garnier' s anti-dark circle concealer. For under eyes, unless you don't have fine lines and your skin is not dry, I find that a concealer with a thinner consistency works best. This product allows for sheer buildable color without making you look ten years older. It does crease a bit and does' t reflect light as well as Garnier' s product, but it does look natural. Setting it with a very finely milled setting powder (like Too Faced primed and poreless) prevents creasing quite well.

I don't like the packaging because it's easy to squeeze out too much product. I usually use my fingers or a makeup sponge for application. The brush on the end feels rough on my skin.

For my NC25 skin light medium works best, the light tends too look too ashy.

Update: In humid weather I find that I need to reapply this product in the afternoon. I just I just tried Rimmel's Lasting Finish 24H foundation and it stays in place even better and works as a primer on my eyelids. This foundation has a bit more coverage as well. Not as portable of course, but I think I will be using this more often. I'm using classic beige.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i am a fan of it's moisturizing formula , good highlighting effect plus perfect consistency which isn't thick at all which is appropriate for undereyes circles. Not pleased with color selection i didn't buy the match to my skin tone nc20-25, i got ivory and it looks ashy. I gave it to my sister who is paler than me and she likes it. Next time i'll try classic beige.

Definitely not for problematic skin only for occasional blemishes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials