Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

4.3

Water (Aqua) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Dimethicone , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Hydrogenated Coconut Oil , Behentrimonium Chloride , Fragrance (Parfum) , Mineral Oil , Lactic Acid , Dipropylene Glycol , Amodimethicone , Potassium Chloride , Disodium EDTA , Gluconolactone , Trehalose , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-150 Distearate , PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether , Cetrimonium Chloride , Adipic Acid , Sodium Sulfate , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 33 (CI 17200) , Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 7/6/2014 3:44:00 PM

This pairs wonderfully with the shampoo. I use it from the middle of my hair down, and my hair is so soft and frizz free. It is easy to get a wide toothed comb through it now, and I don't even need to use a serum anymore. This stuff is amazing. Before I had chronically dry hair and had almost given up. If you have dry, frizzy hair, I would definitely give this a try.

on 5/19/2014 12:18:00 AM

I use high end hair products but gotta say I love how this makes my hair so soft and smells Devine!! The only drug store conditioner i will use!

on 5/16/2014 8:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was very excited to try this hearing all these rave reviews. But while the product did good things for my hair - left it soft, shiny and manageable with less tangles, it did terrible things for my scalp,skin etc.

It left my scalp itchy and I broke out around my hairline and on my face. And I used the minimum amount just on the ends? I also got an itch on my neckline and shoulders, I'm never using this again. I'm really disappointed because it did have a nice effect on my hair.

Now that I'm reading through all the reviews, I see that some people mention having the same problem I did so now I'm pretty certain it was this particular product that caused this bad reaction.

on 5/12/2014 7:54:00 AM

I have thick stranded hair that's naturally mousy brown and wavy. I heat style it almost every day (bad, I know) and it's been coloured twice in it's life. For I don't know how long I'd been using Herbal Essence Hello Hydration shampoo & conditioner when I decided to change products.

I don't have anything bad to say Dove Nourishing Oil Care conditioner. Since I've started using this my hair has stayed styled for longer, looks cleaner for longer and it much softer and manageable. The only thing I'd say is that the product is rather thin and hard to apply initially to wet hair. To fix this I mix it with another generic conditioner or Macadamia hair repair masque to thicken it up. The shampoo combined with this is also very good and much better than what I was previously using. The price is more than what I was paying for Hello Hydration but is still rather cheap in comparison to high-end conditioners. It also comes in large bottles which I need because I have a lot of hair, so a big thumbs up for Dove! Will definitely keep re-purchasing.

on 3/14/2014 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was pleasantly surprised by this conditioner. Yes, it gets great reviews, but how many times have I run out and bought something with a '5 Lippie Rating' only to be disappointed?

My hair is long (past mid-back), not color treated, and naturally curly (3a/3b). It's fine in texture, but I have a lot of it. While it's not damaged (I rarely use heat to style it), it is a bit on the fragile side because it's curly and long, meaning the last couple of inches are a few years old. I shampoo daily (currently using an SLS-free shampoo from L'oreal) and don't use much in the way of styling products, applying either silicone-based serums or conditioner (leave-in, rinse out, I'm not picky) post-rinse to emphasize and soften my curls.

All that being said, I find this conditioner to be just perfect. The consistency is rich and thick, with good slip during the rinse. The scent is a light florarl that isn't so potent that it chokes me or competes with my perfume, but strong enough that if I've had my hair up, I can smell the lovely fragrance when I take it down. I find this conditioner reduces frizz, increases shine, and leaves my hair oh so soft. It's far better than many pricier salon brands I've tried and I will definitely repurchase. On a final note, this works well as a leave-in / curl definer. I love a multi-tasking product.

on 3/12/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is my MUST HAVE for my overly dry hair. Its smells great too, creamy rich conditioner and I pray they keep this and don't discontinue it as most of the time I find something that works for me.

on 2/25/2014 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I know I am rating this really low. I wanted to love it. The reviews here actually made me buy this.

The bottle is large for the price, so I think its a great deal. The conditioner is very thick which I always enjoy, however this didnt work for me. I have quite fine hair that gets weighed down and dry easily. I only condition the last 5 inches of my hair. Every time I used this (I alternate what conditioner I use every other shower) my hair felt nasty as soon as I came out of the shower. After pressing with a towel it still felt very knotted and dry. On days I used this I had to apply my leave ins a second time because it just feels so dry. that really confused me because it has oils in it, i thought it would help.

My boyfriend however kind of likes it. He has Asian hair, so I am not sure if it just works better on thicker hair.

on 2/11/2014 3:06:00 PM

This is the BEST conditioner I have ever tried! I used it for the first time today and it made my hair so soft, silky, shiny and frizz free! It gives a good "slip" in the shower and throughout the day my hair doesnt get tangled near as easy as it used to. I'm impressed how I had no frizz after using this, nothing else has got rid of it 100% like this. I just wish it had a stronger scent. And I dont like Doves packaging when you start to get low its real hard to get out. I will definitely buy it again.

on 1/11/2014 9:30:00 PM

This is a great daily conditioner. Very moisturizing yet weightless on my long, tangle prone and fine hair. It has helped with my itchy, flaky scalp issues. Shampoo also works great. I haven't found anything that compares as well yet in either salon or drugstore brands.

on 12/13/2013 12:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I decided to try this on a BOGO sale, and didn't love or hate the product. I'd probably purchase it again if I saw it on sale in the future. It's an average, run-of-the-mill conditioner like that of TRESemme, Garnier etc. It is thick, and I use a lot so the bottle went quickly for me. The fragrance is not too strong, which is a plus. I feel like there was quite a bit of product left in the bottle when I had to throw it out, but I could not get the cap off or bend the bottle easily, so I ended up wasting about a day or two's worth. Not a must have product, but a decent one.