November 22, 2014 | 1916 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was pleasantly surprised by this conditioner. Yes, it gets great reviews, but how many times have I run out and bought something with a '5 Lippie Rating' only to be disappointed?

My hair is long (past mid-back), not color treated, and naturally curly (3a/3b). It's fine in texture, but I have a lot of it. While it's not damaged (I rarely use heat to style it), it is a bit on the fragile side because it's curly and long, meaning the last couple of inches are a few years old. I shampoo daily (currently using an SLS-free shampoo from L'oreal) and don't use much in the way of styling products, applying either silicone-based serums or conditioner (leave-in, rinse out, I'm not picky) post-rinse to emphasize and soften my curls.

All that being said, I find this conditioner to be just perfect. The consistency is rich and thick, with good slip during the rinse. The scent is a light florarl that isn't so potent that it chokes me or competes with my perfume, but strong enough that if I've had my hair up, I can smell the lovely fragrance when I take it down. I find this conditioner reduces frizz, increases shine, and leaves my hair oh so soft. It's far better than many pricier salon brands I've tried and I will definitely repurchase. On a final note, this works well as a leave-in / curl definer. I love a multi-tasking product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my MUST HAVE for my overly dry hair. Its smells great too, creamy rich conditioner and I pray they keep this and don't discontinue it as most of the time I find something that works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ewwie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know I am rating this really low. I wanted to love it. The reviews here actually made me buy this.

The bottle is large for the price, so I think its a great deal. The conditioner is very thick which I always enjoy, however this didnt work for me. I have quite fine hair that gets weighed down and dry easily. I only condition the last 5 inches of my hair. Every time I used this (I alternate what conditioner I use every other shower) my hair felt nasty as soon as I came out of the shower. After pressing with a towel it still felt very knotted and dry. On days I used this I had to apply my leave ins a second time because it just feels so dry. that really confused me because it has oils in it, i thought it would help.

My boyfriend however kind of likes it. He has Asian hair, so I am not sure if it just works better on thicker hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by LillyMash

This is the BEST conditioner I have ever tried! I used it for the first time today and it made my hair so soft, silky, shiny and frizz free! It gives a good "slip" in the shower and throughout the day my hair doesnt get tangled near as easy as it used to. I'm impressed how I had no frizz after using this, nothing else has got rid of it 100% like this. I just wish it had a stronger scent. And I dont like Doves packaging when you start to get low its real hard to get out. I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by alison8765

This is a great daily conditioner. Very moisturizing yet weightless on my long, tangle prone and fine hair. It has helped with my itchy, flaky scalp issues. Shampoo also works great. I haven't found anything that compares as well yet in either salon or drugstore brands.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I decided to try this on a BOGO sale, and didn't love or hate the product. I'd probably purchase it again if I saw it on sale in the future. It's an average, run-of-the-mill conditioner like that of TRESemme, Garnier etc. It is thick, and I use a lot so the bottle went quickly for me. The fragrance is not too strong, which is a plus. I feel like there was quite a bit of product left in the bottle when I had to throw it out, but I could not get the cap off or bend the bottle easily, so I ended up wasting about a day or two's worth. Not a must have product, but a decent one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by beckyloo123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dove always seems to be great when it comes to soft and silky hair. This is no different. It moisturizers and de-tangles my hair when I'm having particularly rough/dry hair days. The only reason I wouldn't suggest using it too often is it does weigh down my hair a little bit. I have long-ish blonde/red normal hair. My hair is usually limp with NO body to it so I like to use a conditioner that's not too heavy. But some days it's rough and crazy so that's when I use this and it does the trick. It really really smooths my hair and makes it manageable, and finally I'm not loosing too many strands when I brush! :) But like I said, quite heavy and my hair looks very limp and almost greasy near the end of the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Gavi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very excited about this conditioner and had high hopes, but I've been using it for 2-3 weeks and my hair looks dry and dead. The only thing that changed in my routine is this conditioner, so I'm going to take a break and go back to my old Tresseme and see if that helps. Unfortunately I'm stuck with 3 big bottles of this conditioner, but it was only $5 for a huge bottle at WalMart so it could be worse.
Very disappointed :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by linuxgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's really worth the hype. I clarified with baking soda and my normal cheap shampoo, slathered this on, kept it on while I soaped and shaved etc, and rinsed out. I simply don't recall a time when my hair has felt this nice. It's retained its volume yet banished the frizz, leaving the hair light and silky. I have tons of thick, course hair, so this is quite an accomplishment. All this after I just blow-dried it! Normally even the best conditioner leaves me poofy and frizzy for a few hours afterward, or until after I've slept on it. I can't wait to see how it looks tomorrow morning!

I can't believe it's only 3 euros per bottle on top of it all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

this conditioner should be 30.00$. it is amazing. as good as my redken. not heavy but hydrates and moisturizes and then rinses out. great after a color. i will buy a huge bottle next time. it detangels well also and smells like a nice light perfume and not heavy shampoo. LOVE. often on sale for 3.00 so wait for it.