April 21, 2014 | 1082 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Clinique - Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

Preface: On the hunt for perfect foundation. I have fair, dry-combination skin, with a few red marks in my cheek/nose area. Other than that, I do not need a full-coverage product, just something that evens, covers where it needs to, and sinks into my skin correctly.

This b*tch is so close. I started using it after I ran out of my mom's hoarded supply of Clinique's Almost Makeup (discontinued) and was told this was the product to replace it. I don't need much coverage in all areas, but I do have mild rosacea around my nose and cheek area. I found that this covered SURPRISINGLY well for a "tinted moisturizer." It's better than any BB or CC cream that I've tried, and honestly better than some lightwear foundations that I've tried also (I'm looking at you, Hello Flawless). It's SO close to covering my mild rosacea -- sometimes I can get away with only using the MS, but at least 4 out of ten times I'm forced to add a tiny layer of a stronger foundation over that area. But hey, for a tinted moisturizer, that ain't too shabby.

The blending power is ridiculous (keep in mind that I use a primer underneath -- actually Monistat's Anti-Chaffing powder gel). It looks totally flawless on my skin, doesn't stick to or highlight my pores, and genuinely sinks into my face without feeling heavy or cakey. Also, pretty much zero shine. In terms of blendability and absorption, this is THE BEST foundation I've ever used, possibly because it's mostly a moisturizer.

Bottom line: I love this and will continue using it because it blends well. If you need something with slightly more coverage, I get you -- but perhaps try using this as a base and only touch up what you need to with a higher coverage foundation. It looks completely natural when I do this (I just wish I could all in one step!). Will definitely be repurchasing (and have).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably the only Clinique product that I will ever go near (all the rest wreak absolute havoc for my skin...)

When it comes to pros:
- it didn't cause my skin to break out or get a rash (which is saying something for Clinique)
- it has surprisingly good staying power
- it doesn't clog pores - even if you wear it during a work out (I'd definitely recommend going bare-faced if you're exercising but if you're having a bad skin day and need some sort of coverage, this is definitely better than a layer of foundation)
- it has decent coverage (keeping in mind that its a tinted moisturiser and not a foundation)
- SPF 15 which we all know is a definite anti-aging plus

Cons:
- not the fault of the product since it's a moisturiser but it doesn't hide much if you have any noticeable blemishes (it evens out skintone but it won't cover things like darker acne scars)

Overall, it's a decent product that does it's job.
The only reason I'm saying 'no' to repurchasing is because it's not HG for me (I feel like i need a tad more coverage - like some non-existent level between tinted moisturiser and light foundation). That, and I'm thinking of jumping on the BB/CC bandwagon to see what the fuss is about.

But for those of you who just need a bit of coverage, I'd definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by jezebel17

I love this tinted moisturizer and wear it as foundation. I use the moisture surge moisturizer first and then glide this on over it. Putting the gel moisturizer on first helps this spread without getting too thick. Then I set it with loose powder. and it's the perfect amount of coverage for me. I don't like using foundation that looks like i'm wearing foundation... so I am willing to deal with lighter coverage. I wear this every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

When I got this as part of a GWP from Clinique, it took me a while to get round to using it, mainly because I've always had bad experiences with tinted moisturisers in the past. After a few tries however, I've found the best way to apply this (for me) is as more of a light foundation over the top of my regular moisturiser, rather than as a straight replacement.

Plainly put, this is lovely. I have this in Shade 1, which for my pale, slightly pinkish skin, is the perfect match. It goes on really well and coverage is more like a light foundation, so imperfections and blemishes are adequately covered. This also leaves you with a nice soft glow to your skin which lasts all day.

As memory serves, the GWP size was around 15ml which lasted about 3-4 months using it pretty much every day, so the full-sized version (30ml) should last twice as long. And for 21.50GBP a bottle, that's actually quite cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Ellie1826

I posted a review earlier where I only gave it 3 stars but I actually love this now! I think I applied it wrong the first time, and my skin was in much worse condition. I love the consistency, and it applies on smoothly with fingers. It is a very light coverage, but looks fresh and light on skin. I like to wear this on days where I'm not going out anywhere special but it does a good job :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Madimayt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got samples of about 6 BB creams/tinted moisturizers when I was at Nordstroms the other day, and out of the 6 I would say I probably liked this one the least.
It had pretty nice color, but it definitely sat on my dry patches and did not make my skin look very smooth or at it's best. May look good on someone with oily skin.
Not super impressed, not the worst, but definitely not the best. Will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by andreaaraiza

I love this moisturizer, leaves skin soft, gives a natural finish also covering any blemish, plus protects skin from the sun.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by makeupxo

This tinted moisturizer has a bit more coverage than any other tinted face products. Covers redness and some acne scars. It's build able and goes on smooth.
I love the packaging. It's plastic and you squeeze out the product. However, there is only 1 oz when a lot of tinted moisturizers and bb creams have a little more than that. I don't have to use a lot so its okay

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by FrizzBgone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was very surprised at this product. I used Clinique in university and not since. I got turned off the line and have stayed away from it. My skin is extremely dry. The change in seasons is always a difficult adjustment for my skin. I have been using Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation, but I wanted to switch to something more natural looking and lighter. The challenge is to find something that doesn't make my dry skin look drier than it is without makeup on it. I don't normally like tinted moisturizers; I don't find I get enough coverage with them. Had the SA not insisted that this was not your typical tinted moisturizer, I would never have cinsidered it.

The coverage from the product really surprised me. I don't think it should be called a tinted moisturizer. It provides medium coverage IMO. It lasted all day - something a tinted moisturizer has never done on my skin.

The colour range is definitely not great. Luckily the 01 matches my skin perfectly. I used the shiseido foundation brush and stippled it on. It didn't completely cover the redness on my cheeks, but definitely did provide medium coverage. I used the LM Silk Creme and my Beauty Blender sponge to apply it on the areas of my face where a concealer would have been needed. LM Silk Creme is better than any concealer for my face. All other concealers are too dry for me. By using the Clinique as my foundation and just boosting its coverage on my cheeks with LM, it gave me the best of both worlds. I got the natural looking coverage I was going for, but still had the redness covered.

EDITED:
Okay so much for my favourable review. As soon as the temperature warmed up, the product disappeared. I returned it to the store. To be fair I wanted a foundation and this is not a foundation. Within a couple of hours, it didn't look like I was wearing anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Loriencox

Great coverage for a tinted moisturizer!! My super sensitive skin didnt react at all! I really like this stuff! Will definitely repurchase.