Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF15

3.8

Active ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.80% ; Octisalate 5%; Octinoxate 2.80%; Inactive ingredients: Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Trehalose, Sorbitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Menthol, Trihydroxystearin, Hydroxyapatite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Laureth-7, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetrimonium Chloride, PVP, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides

on 4/25/2014 5:44:00 AM

I struggle with my skin so I do A LOT of research before i try out anything new.

After having laser treatment to clear up acne i wanted to go for a tinted moisturiser so as not to clogg my pores up as much as a foundation would. I loved Lancomes hydra zen tinted moisturiser but was a little too thin for my acne scars left over. I discovered Cliniques tinted moisturiser and havent looked back since! Im on by 6th/7th bottle now. A little goes a long way and as such the bottle lasts me for a good few months! Doesnt break me out which is my main goal. It also nicely covers my acne scars without having to use concealor on top as well. Only downside is there is quite a jump in the shades so i have to mix #2 and #3 (i am MAC NW25)

I am currently on roaccutane at the minute also for my skin so it is extremely dry and using this TM definately helps! PLEASE DONT DISCONTINUE CLINIQUE!!!

on 4/23/2014 8:25:00 PM

I think this is a pretty good dupe for the Bobbi Brown liquid foundation. It is extremely lightweight on my skin and gives a natural glow. The only things I dislike about this product is the limited number of shades and the packaging (I wish it was a pump).

on 4/12/2014 11:54:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this on a whim because summer is coming and I needed a new tinted moisturizer. I don't know why I keep chosing Clinique products as they always seem to let me down.
First of all, I expect a tinted moisturizer to be at least somewhat moisturizing. This actually seems to suck the moisture out of my skin.. For the first 10 minutes I'm wearing it, it actually looks really nice. It evens out my skin tone and makes my face look soft and matte. Then when it oxidizes, it gets patchy and starts to excentuate any dry areas.
I wouldn't call this a tinted moisturizer. It seems more like a light coverage foundation.. The color matched my skin really well though.

on 3/25/2014 9:22:00 PM

Really like this. Perfect for older skin like mine for light coverage. A little goes a long way. I apply it right after using Moisture Surge moisturizer and sometimes add a dab of the moisturizer to the foundation as well. At my age don't want anything that looks like I'm covering up- heavier foundations on old skin accentuate wrinkles and imperfections. This evens out my skin tone and makes it feel great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like this tinted moisturizer. Lately I've been enjoying lighter coverage products, and this is a nice one.

Pros:
- Light coverage, but still nice (I use a concealer for blemishes / scars)
- Works decent with fingers or a brush
- Decent lasting power
- Doesn't cling to dry patches

Cons:
- The lightest shade is still a bit too dark for me
- Can be a bit patchy and a bit hard to blend

on 2/6/2014 5:36:00 AM

A bit of an effort to apply even if you put on a moisturizer first. So I use a base cream first before applying. Minimum coverage.
Skin feels dry after some time. Not for winter use.

I thought this product was really good for a tinted moisturizer! I heard about it on my favorite beauty blog (I am a teenager, and this blog is run by a teenager) and I went for it. It turned out to be pretty good and I'm glad I bought it!
Check out her review here:

on 1/16/2014 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A little info about my skin: I have combination skin and unfortunately break out if I do not use the acne lotion prescribed to me. I guess I'd say my skin is medium-medium/dark and has yellow/gold undertones. Finding the right shade of foundation/tinted moisturiser/powder can be difficult and on top of that even more difficult to find a product that will not break me out in spots.

How and Why I use this product: I'm not a fan of foundation so I tried out this tinted moisturiser. It is a little too thick for my liking so I mix a little with my moisturising cream in the palm of my hand before I apply it to my face. I sometimes top it with a light brush of Clinique's superbalanced powder (now unfortunately discontinued) to give my skin a matt and flawless look. This is the only tinted moisturiser that has not caused my skin to break out. I have tried other brands (MAC, Estee Lauder and some cheaper make-up brands available at boots) and all of them made my skin breakout.
When I originally bought it in the summer I was matched to shade 5. I found that it looked pinky/orange on my skin but because it is the only tinted moisturiser that doesn't give me break outs I will stick with it. If you tan easily then it's best that you get yourself matched for both winter and summer as I found shade 5 is too dark and orange for me in winter.

I have given this product an overall rating of 4/5 because the range of shades available could be improved.

on 1/7/2014 3:16:00 PM

This is perfect for anyone w/ naturally great skin who just wants a polished look. I bought this as a cheaper alternative to MAC's tinted moisturizer, but I actually love it more. It's not as moisturizing, but provides more coverage, lasting power and a natural looking matte finish. I only wish it were available in more shades. I'm the darkest color, and it's a perfect match winter, spring and fall, but come summer I have to go back to MAC.

on 12/17/2013 11:26:00 PM

I'm 32 years old and I have never been into the whole every-morning-makeup-routine. But the older I get, the more I feel I need some kind of "coverage" for my face. I do not even LIKE the feel of makeup on my face! I went to my local Dillard's, to the Clinique counter just to check this product out. I really don't even know the proper way to put on any kind of makeup by the way. The consultant put some kind of eye gel on, then a gel based moisturizer and then this. I loved the eye gel and I loved the way this product gave just enough coverage without feeling like actual makeup. Honestly, I like this better withOUT the all over gel moisturizer. It just felt way too oily or something with all that underneath. When I put it on myself, I start with the clinique cream moisturizer, wait about 5 minutes then apply this. Brush on a little blush, a little eye shadow and I'm good to go. If you're like me and don't like spending a lot of time applying all the gunk but you need coverage then I would highly recommend this. It's light yet it does cover minor imperfections. When I do wear this I have people tell me how pretty and glowing my face looks. I'm not sure if this should be a compliment or not. Lol Ill take it as such :)