October 1, 2014 | 1867 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Clinique - Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by airkoy

A bit of an effort to apply even if you put on a moisturizer first. So I use a base cream first before applying. Minimum coverage.
Skin feels dry after some time. Not for winter use.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by teenagebeautyqueen

I thought this product was really good for a tinted moisturizer! I heard about it on my favorite beauty blog (I am a teenager, and this blog is run by a teenager) and I went for it. It turned out to be pretty good and I'm glad I bought it!
Check out her review here:

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Sim1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A little info about my skin: I have combination skin and unfortunately break out if I do not use the acne lotion prescribed to me. I guess I'd say my skin is medium-medium/dark and has yellow/gold undertones. Finding the right shade of foundation/tinted moisturiser/powder can be difficult and on top of that even more difficult to find a product that will not break me out in spots.

How and Why I use this product: I'm not a fan of foundation so I tried out this tinted moisturiser. It is a little too thick for my liking so I mix a little with my moisturising cream in the palm of my hand before I apply it to my face. I sometimes top it with a light brush of Clinique's superbalanced powder (now unfortunately discontinued) to give my skin a matt and flawless look. This is the only tinted moisturiser that has not caused my skin to break out. I have tried other brands (MAC, Estee Lauder and some cheaper make-up brands available at boots) and all of them made my skin breakout.
When I originally bought it in the summer I was matched to shade 5. I found that it looked pinky/orange on my skin but because it is the only tinted moisturiser that doesn't give me break outs I will stick with it. If you tan easily then it's best that you get yourself matched for both winter and summer as I found shade 5 is too dark and orange for me in winter.

I have given this product an overall rating of 4/5 because the range of shades available could be improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by ashli185

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is perfect for anyone w/ naturally great skin who just wants a polished look. I bought this as a cheaper alternative to MAC's tinted moisturizer, but I actually love it more. It's not as moisturizing, but provides more coverage, lasting power and a natural looking matte finish. I only wish it were available in more shades. I'm the darkest color, and it's a perfect match winter, spring and fall, but come summer I have to go back to MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Rdmuir

I'm 32 years old and I have never been into the whole every-morning-makeup-routine. But the older I get, the more I feel I need some kind of "coverage" for my face. I do not even LIKE the feel of makeup on my face! I went to my local Dillard's, to the Clinique counter just to check this product out. I really don't even know the proper way to put on any kind of makeup by the way. The consultant put some kind of eye gel on, then a gel based moisturizer and then this. I loved the eye gel and I loved the way this product gave just enough coverage without feeling like actual makeup. Honestly, I like this better withOUT the all over gel moisturizer. It just felt way too oily or something with all that underneath. When I put it on myself, I start with the clinique cream moisturizer, wait about 5 minutes then apply this. Brush on a little blush, a little eye shadow and I'm good to go. If you're like me and don't like spending a lot of time applying all the gunk but you need coverage then I would highly recommend this. It's light yet it does cover minor imperfections. When I do wear this I have people tell me how pretty and glowing my face looks. I'm not sure if this should be a compliment or not. Lol Ill take it as such :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

I bought this because my skin was feeling really parched and I wanted something to add a bit of colour to my skin. I do like and use a few Clinique products, but I hated the Moisture Surge cream so I'm not sure why I decided to buy this, and it was awful on my skin. I would recommend it though, for people who like the Moisture Surge line - as I know there are a lot - and maybe this would work for them.

For me this was just a sticky, blotchy mess. It didn't even out my skin tone or anything. It literally sat on top of my skin and pooled into little patchy "islands" of colour and then my skin got even drier, and yes, I put on my moisturiser first. I found it didn't blend well either, just felt greasy and unpleasant to apply. I tried to make it work for about 3 weeks, but I just felt like I could always tell it was on, even though it's light. Made me want to run to the nearest sink and wash it off! So I gave up on it. I don't think it's a terrible product - it just didn't work for me. Get a sample first, which is what I should have done before buying the full size. Ended up giving it away to my sister. Unfortunately, she does't like it either.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by beth2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ladies, this product is a breakthru for us who get chemical peels. i get regular chemicals for my skin so that is stays in tip top shape. This tinted moisturizer is a Godsend on days i want to care for my skin but always want to banish redness and splotchyness. Is actually has a good coverage to it, its more of a moisturizing foundation in my opinion, but i LOVE IT! i pair it with moisture surge and my skin feels amazing. when im at the beach i pack these products on because all ladies know the sun is our enemy! xo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

Preface: On the hunt for perfect foundation. I have fair, dry-combination skin, with a few red marks in my cheek/nose area. Other than that, I do not need a full-coverage product, just something that evens, covers where it needs to, and sinks into my skin correctly.

This b*tch is so close. I started using it after I ran out of my mom's hoarded supply of Clinique's Almost Makeup (discontinued) and was told this was the product to replace it. I don't need much coverage in all areas, but I do have mild rosacea around my nose and cheek area. I found that this covered SURPRISINGLY well for a "tinted moisturizer." It's better than any BB or CC cream that I've tried, and honestly better than some lightwear foundations that I've tried also (I'm looking at you, Hello Flawless). It's SO close to covering my mild rosacea -- sometimes I can get away with only using the MS, but at least 4 out of ten times I'm forced to add a tiny layer of a stronger foundation over that area. But hey, for a tinted moisturizer, that ain't too shabby.

The blending power is ridiculous (keep in mind that I use a primer underneath -- actually Monistat's Anti-Chaffing powder gel). It looks totally flawless on my skin, doesn't stick to or highlight my pores, and genuinely sinks into my face without feeling heavy or cakey. Also, pretty much zero shine. In terms of blendability and absorption, this is THE BEST foundation I've ever used, possibly because it's mostly a moisturizer.

Bottom line: I love this and will continue using it because it blends well. If you need something with slightly more coverage, I get you -- but perhaps try using this as a base and only touch up what you need to with a higher coverage foundation. It looks completely natural when I do this (I just wish I could all in one step!). Will definitely be repurchasing (and have).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably the only Clinique product that I will ever go near (all the rest wreak absolute havoc for my skin...)

When it comes to pros:
- it didn't cause my skin to break out or get a rash (which is saying something for Clinique)
- it has surprisingly good staying power
- it doesn't clog pores - even if you wear it during a work out (I'd definitely recommend going bare-faced if you're exercising but if you're having a bad skin day and need some sort of coverage, this is definitely better than a layer of foundation)
- it has decent coverage (keeping in mind that its a tinted moisturiser and not a foundation)
- SPF 15 which we all know is a definite anti-aging plus

Cons:
- not the fault of the product since it's a moisturiser but it doesn't hide much if you have any noticeable blemishes (it evens out skintone but it won't cover things like darker acne scars)

Overall, it's a decent product that does it's job.
The only reason I'm saying 'no' to repurchasing is because it's not HG for me (I feel like i need a tad more coverage - like some non-existent level between tinted moisturiser and light foundation). That, and I'm thinking of jumping on the BB/CC bandwagon to see what the fuss is about.

But for those of you who just need a bit of coverage, I'd definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by jezebel17

I love this tinted moisturizer and wear it as foundation. I use the moisture surge moisturizer first and then glide this on over it. Putting the gel moisturizer on first helps this spread without getting too thick. Then I set it with loose powder. and it's the perfect amount of coverage for me. I don't like using foundation that looks like i'm wearing foundation... so I am willing to deal with lighter coverage. I wear this every day.