August 1, 2014 | 1785 users online

Shampoo - Desert Essence - Coconut Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

BAD BAD BAD. Yeah I kmow this was suppossed to be moisturizing shampoo but it dries my hair out soooo much (both shampoo and conditioner) and this was like 20$ at here so really disappointed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Westiw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this shampoo the smell is divine like all sls free shampoos you need to add extra water to make it foam

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by KimikoTaicho

I bought this shampoo and conditioner after reading reviews here and decided to take a chance with it. I was pleasantly surprised!

I should say that I don't just put shampoo in my hair and scrub away - I found that pulled out a lot of hair. Instead, I pour the amount I usually use (about two quarters worth; I have thick hair) into an empty shampoo bottle, fill the bottle about halfway with water, shake until it's too thick and sudsy to shake, and pour that over my hair. The end result is a lovely larger that I can massage into my scalp without excess pulling on my hair. I do the same with every conditioner I use.

With this pair, the lather is creamy and feels wonderful. It does an excellent job of cleansing my hair and scalp. In addition, I bought a hair catcher for my shower and, after using this pair, there's maybe only one or two hairs in the catcher. A magnificent improvement!

After I get out of the shower, I gently squeeze excess water out of my hair and style and usual. My hair is left smooth, soft, and lovely.

All said, this has been a wonderful find. I'm almost done with my current bottles and just bought more today. I'll definitely be repurchasing.

Love it!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by brooklynbee

Love this shampoo and the matching conditioner. Mild but pleasant smell, decent lather, no sulfates. I haven't had scalp issues with this for the most part, and I have a pretty sensitive scalp. It makes my hair really shiny- I also want to try the raspberry shampoo for even MORE shine but haven't had a chance yet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

This is one of the best shampoos I have ever used. It's very affordable, lathers well, moisturizes and smells great! I don't use it everyday, but I do keep it in my travel bag, and a back up incase I run out of my usual shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by liz1644

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS:
-made my hair feel soft
-felt good in my hair
-loved the smell!

CONS:
-has Sodium Coco Sulfate, which is the same as sodium lauryl sulfate
-strips hair
-couldn't find it in local drugstores (annoying online buying)
-a little expensive
-eventually made me have buildup
-made my roots oily

Overall, not a great shampoo. Maybe if it didn't have sulfates it'd be better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My haircolor fades fast anyway but I swear this strips it out, like, instantly. Not only that, it dries it out. I haven't been impressed with anything in the DE Coconut line (the body wash was drying as well), but I did like DE's Tea Tree Therapeutic Shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Made my hair feel like straw and oily at the same time.

I gave it one lippy because it is making a great body wash and works well for shaving.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Anne184

This is my HG shampoo (the matching conditioner is also the best!). I have been trying natural shampoos and conditioners for awhile now and I have been disappointed with the results. I was about to give up and go back to regular sulfate shampoos and silicone conditioners but decided to try this, and I am so glad I did! Most natural hair care products either make my hair really dry, or give me a weird protein buildup that makes the texture of my hair absolutely awful. However, this product leaves my frizzy combo textured (fine, course, and some wave all into one!) silky smooth without feeling heavy or coated.

I think the price is pretty affordable because it suds up with just a small amount of product. The scent is also wonderful, if you like coconut tropical scents that is.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Twiga

I really like this shampoo. Finally a natural, cruelty free shampoo that makes my hair silky soft and smells amazing. I'm currently using it with the raspberry conditioner, 5 months in and I still love it. Would definitely repurchase!