November 28, 2014 | 1310 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection in Divine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I was cruising the beauty aisles of Walmart on a quest for lilac colored lipstick and this is what I found. I own a few lip perfection shades already and it is my favorite d.s lipstick formula by far. This particular shade, divine, appears opaque lilac/mauve in the tube and in reality it's more of a hot pink mauve color. It contains no shimmer and applies very smooth, with a staying time of 3-4 hours. As previous members have said, this stuff leaves a stain on your lips! I think the stain is nice and it eliminates the need to reapply often. Highly recommend this shade but it's not purple, it borders more on pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by akd616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this lipstick. It does leave a stain on your lips after it fades (if I don't totally remove it before I go to sleep, my lips will still be stained pink in the morning) but I consider that a good thing. Helps keep me looking somewhat made up even after my lipstick is gone and it stains evenly.

CG Lip Perfections are great lippies but they do seem to require about five to ten minutes to settle into your lips. They sometimes go on slightly clumpy and you need to have put on lip balm before you apply if you have dry lips.

The color is a gorgeous purple-y mauve and it feels creamy and soft on the mouth. Great lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by XsabriiX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick thinking it would be a vibrant purple color, when i got home to try it on i was a little dissapointed because the color is more deep than vibrant. The quality is great, gives a verry nice finish, it does leave a stain but it looks nice, just the color for me wasnt what i was looking for so i wouldnt buy THAT color again but i would keep buying cover girl lipsticks. Also, the lipstick was 9$ in my area (miami, florida) and i saw that at target its 5$-6$ so i kno where to look for next time!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by owagner420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this because it's a dupe for Mac Up the Amp...and the color is beautiful...however; I cannot stand 2 things: 1. The smell is awful 2. The stain left on my lips. Next time I will spring for Mac because you can't beat the quality for the price which Mac offers. This lipstick lived up to exactly what it was, a whole 5 dollars.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Lipsticklover2112

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

A trick i found for lipstick that stains your lips is apply a lot of chapstick and wipe it off. The oil from the chapstick helps remove the stain. It works pretty good. Otheriwse I like the lipstick. bright creamy color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by bangbang10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have bought several back-ups of this--my absolute favorite lipstick of all time. Other reviewers have negatively commented on the 'stain' it leaves on lips, which is absolutely understandable if that's not what you're looking for. However, I absolutely adore the stain--it is a different color than the lipstick, more of a hot pink--but it keeps me looking fresh and made-up for hours after any other lipstick would wear off. I put Divine on once, then never worry about my lips again. Even if I come home at 2 AM, my lips still look great. I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by SharonT14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised no one mentions how badly this stains your lips! It's one thing to be a long-wearing lipstick, but it's another to STAIN your lips so bad that the next day its still on there (and it's NOT pretty....)

The real problem is, is that the stain color is a HOT PINK, not the color of the lipstick..It may show up different on someone else's lips, but it definitely will not be the color of the lipstick. This lipstick just has too much pink undertones in it for me already - so I went and got MAC Up the Amp.

I was going to keep this but I can not get over how bad it stains my lips and fingers, and ANYTHING ELSE it comes in contact with. IMO thats not a good thing, thats a cheap ingredient flaw.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

The ads for these lipsticks suckered me in (not for this color, tho): Jessica Stam with those gorgeous wine-red lips of hers! I love unconventional colors, and this one is a really great drug store find. I find it to be a close dupe for MAC Show Orchid, except Show Orchid has shimmer; but the violent/pink shade is pretty much identical. I really like the formula of the lipstick as well. It applies very evenly, in a smooth, thin, even layer and it's ridiculously pigmented. I also get hours of wear out of this lipstick. CG advertises some hoopla about how your lips will improve if you wear Lip Perfection for a week, but that's just marketing noise to me. I even found this a touch drying at times (of course the weather here has been very, very cold and dry). Truly great drug store lipstick, though. And the shade range is incredible. I'm definitely going to try more of these.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by JoliePinkStar

I haven't worn a Covergirl lipstick in ages, because I didn't find their range of colors appealing. Until they came out with this line of lip perfection lipsticks. Divine was the first one I bought and is a nice deep purple shade. On me it looks purple with fuschia undertones. It glides on very smooth and with a few swipes it's pretty pigmented for a drugstore brand. I was really impressed on how nice it felt on the lips. Staying power is good. My only thing is that when it does wear off, you end up having this bright red stain on your lips. The more you apply, the more your lips become stained, thus making it very hard to remove. I thought well maybe it's just this color in particular. So I wanted to try a different color and bought Enchantress, which is a pretty baby pink. Oh, this is such a pretty color. One of my many pink lipsticks that I adore. It's smooth and feels moisturizing on. Staying power is also good. Only problem is, like Divine, it stains the lips as well. Not as a bright red shade of a stain, just a little lighter.
I own many lipsticks from drugstores to high end, and even my red lipsticks don't stain as much as these do. Needless to say, I won't be re-purchasing these lipsticks as they will last me awhile. I will only wear them when I go somewhere I can't retouch my lips, as this will stain my lips till the next day or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by PrincessBubblegum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been walking by this in the store since it came out and wanted to try it but was hesitant. After reading many reviews and looking at every swatch of it the internet has to offer, I decided to go for it. I was hoping it would be more purple than it is, but it's still a really lovely color. It feels so nice and I love the smell. This color disappointed me at first but it's grown on me and I love it.
I have since bought three other Lip Perfection colors (Hot, Flame, and Burn) and I love them all!