April 20, 2014 | 1729 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by PinkBay

*sigh* I LOVE the Organix hair product lines- every one except this one. As usual, I looked over reviews before I purchased it because of the price to product ratio, and decided to go for it. Unfortunately this was a bad move as my hair is now dry, frizzy, limp and notty. It is quite painful actually and I have lost a lot of hair because of this one. The moment I use other Organix products, my hair goes back to normal with no side effects. I am not entirely sure why this certain shampoo did not meet my hairs' standards. Because of the cost, I am too stubborn to throw it out so will stick with it until it is used up. Maybe mixing a few poos will help.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by MorningStar1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have quadruple processed hair and this product was amazing. Smells really good, VERY moisturizing. I used the conditioner alone. I left it in for 30 minutes {I prefer deep conditioning}. My hair is smooth, soft, and manageable. After using it I purchased the entire system. I have been in the beauty industry for over 10 years and the ingredients in this conditioner are excellent. Basically everything you need to bring overprocessed hair back to life. This is very similar to Aveda's Smooth Infusion and Damage Remedy combined. Loved it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Leahcd

I usually always use herbal essence for hair products, but decided to try out the ever straight brazilian keratin therapy because it smelled amazing. Im also a sucker for packaging....... first use: the formula is very smooth, has a bronzy colour just like the bottle, and when i applied it on my hair, it wasnt as "moussy" as i wanted it to be, i like it when i shampoo my hair that it creates lots of mousse. Loved the smell of my hair though, i felt my hair was really smooth. Will i repurchase? no. 10$ for a little bottle, not worth it. Im going back to my herbal essence.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I definitely found that this shampoo helped make my hair straighter and there were no frizzies!! I have naturally straight hair on the finer side which will dry to a slight wave if I let it air dry. I also get insane frizzies with flyaways and find that many shampoos which claim to be smoothing and anti frizz actually make my frizziness worse. This one however works wonders!

My hair was super smooth, super soft and super straight. I usually have to blow dry and flat iron to get the straight look that I'm after yet after using this shampoo my hair only needed the blow dry to be straight. It was also so easy to comb through my hair when it was wet and the blow dry was so quick, my hair just seemed to naturally fall into perfect place.

The scent is also really amazing, kind of like a chocolate caramel nutty concoction.

I find that using this shampoo with the Organix coconut milk conditioner worked the best for my hair, the Keratin conditioner was a bit too lightweight for me.

If you've got naturally straight hair which you want to give a little more oomph to give this shampoo a try!

UPDATE: For unknown reasons this shampoo stopped working for me. After using it for about 2 weeks it just started making my hair limp and unmanageable. I had a similar experience with the Organix Coconut Milk shampoo. I'm not sure what it is about Organix products but they just don't seem to stand up to the test of time. I'm done with the brand and would recommend to anyone who is interested in it to look elsewhere for an organic hair care line.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by biancamina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used the shampoo and a conditioner both, and I like them a lot. They make my hair soft and manageable and really easy to comb through and style. It doesn't help straighten my hair, but my hair is naturally wavy/curly and it did help with frizziness and dryness. If you have naturally straight hair that dries with a tiny bit of wave to it this might help. I won't be rebuying because it doesn't beat my old shampoo and conditioner which I ran out of and for this stuff to have until I went to Ulta again

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This practically full bottle is sitting on my bathroom counter, and may still be sitting there till the end of time. Of course it doesn't help straighten your hair, and beyond that bold-faced lie it made my hair feel utterly limp. It could be beneficial the next time I shampoo my longhaired, ultra-fluffy cat...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by directioner123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

lets cut to the chase. i like this product because it makes my hair soft and manageable. but it doesnt make my hair straight. but, another thing i like is that it makes my hair lighter! since the shampoo and conditioner are brown it makes my brown hair lighter! i also have an oily and flaky scalp thanks to the suave professionals. but when i switched to this shampoo, my scalp was clean after 2 washes!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the shampoo and conditioner from this line, and they are fine products; my hair looks and feels clean after use. The problem is that the product also claims to help straighten hair, and I did not experience this effect to even the slightest degree. It was also quite pricey for a drugstore product, especially since it is packaged with less product than most DS bottles of shampoo and conditioner. My expectations were not met, the claims were not met, and I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used up this shampoo in the last 4 months or so. I think it does a good job of cleaning, but I believe it faded my hair color due to the C14-18 Olefin sulfonate and it dried out my hair pretty bad. It made my hair feel like straw. When I started to notice this, I used another shampoo and noticed a huge difference in just one use not using this. It also made my hair very flat and lack of volume. My hair type: wavy, colored, long and thick. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by zany05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the negative reviews on this shampoo, I actually think it is quite good. The smell is wonderful and it leaves my hair squeaky clean. My hair feel flexible and renewed after using this, but I have noticed that the ends of my hair have become a little brittle. But I am not sure if it is because of shampoo or because lately my diet has not been balanced,
Anyway, I've been using Organix shampoos for 2 years now and I am not disappointed in this one either, although I will not repurchase it.