October 21, 2014 | 1788 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by morgann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on a review and it is one of my favourite powders :) I like to use it to set my foundation around my eyes, nose and mouth and it works perfect. Doesn't buildup and cake. Stops my concealer from settling in lines around my eyes and the Light Plus is perfect for my NC15 skin. Only issue is that I feel like if I was using it on my whole face everyday I would run out pretty quick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

My new Holy Grail powder.I don't think I'll ever change. I went into MAC to buy Studio Finish concealer and they happened to have a -25% sale. My Studio Fix powder was finally almost finished after 3 years and I was looking for a lighter product. So given the sale and my need for a new powder I bought it.It is amazing it is very lightweight,it feels velvety to the touch and when I apply it to my skin it's so soft -it feels like velvet.The packaging is nice-standard MAC powder products and has a mirror in it.It comes with a sponge but it doesn't have a separate case for it like Studio Fix ,though these sponges are just useless I threw it out the minute I opened it.
It gives me an instant natural- flawless -velvety look without too much product.I can see this lasting me for a long time.And it keeps me matte for a decent amount of time-3 hours on my super oily forehead. When I use it alone it covers my redness and also some spots -still with little product-but no full coverage.
I got Light Plus which is a perfect match for my NC15 skin.Light is too white and this is just perfect it gives you a healthy colour without being too fair or too dark.
A must try imo:)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the shade medium/deep.

Packaging:
It's okay, it's your average compact. It has a mirror and comes with a round sponge thing. I like to keep the plastic film over the powder because sometimes I just use it as a mirror and I just want to keep the powder covered if that makes sense, lol.

Price: I think this is like what, $25-$30? It's an average price for a MAC Powder.

Pros:
-Instantly mattifies your face
-Color match is pretty good
-A little goes a long way

Cons:
-Doesn't work under the eyes
-Can easily cake your face up
-Highlights dry areas

Texture:
Powder

Smell:
Basic powder smell

Comments/impressions:
I like this powder. This is what my MAC Makeup Artist suggested to me after I bought the Matchmaster Foundation but it also works well with the SFF. I use a brush to apply this, so I pretty much discarded the sponge it came with. It mattifies your face with or without foundation. What I like about this is that I can just be wearing nothing and it gives my skin a nice matte finish without being too cakey or anything like that. It has a very very slight color and one shade covers a variety of skin colors so that's cool too. I do find myself reapplying this often once my face becomes shiny but that's a normal part of wearing makeup, right? I tried this to set my under eye concealer but it just doesn't work! At this point, I think it's just that I have too many wrinkles under my eyes. You also have to make sure that your skin is moisturized because it will definitely highlight your dry areas if you have any. And also, when you're touching up I would say to use this sparingly as it can cake your face up really quick. I like putting this one right before I use my setting spray.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

Great powder with sheer to light coverage that doesn't feel dry or heavy.

I use the shade Medium (am NC20-25) for fall and winter and Medium Plus in the summer when I'm darker (about NC30). It's great to set concealer or foundation with as it is so light. It also doesn't make my skin look dry or feel uncomfortable during the day. Blends easily and isn't chalky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I really like the packaging of this product. I like to have a classic sleek compact with a mirror in my purse at All times to check my makeup and this mac care blend is perfect for that. It has a great Product that doesn't make me look cakey...Although I do apply this with a brush to set my under eye concealer and t-zone (I use a sleek brush from the benefit hello flawless powder ... it fits perfectly inside this mac careblends compact).
I used to travel with my mac mineralized skin finish compact... But disappointingly the compact doesn't have a mirror and the clear top collapsed into my baked powder shattering it in a million pieces in my makeup bag. Hence, that's why I prefer this product now.

I'm a medium plus in careblend and I'm an NC30

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by nermeenkishk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this powder its amazing one, it gives lighting to my facev,make it look wonderful ,really lovely powder.
First, its a sheer powder so it gives light coverage and it doesnt set long enough,kn the other side, it never makes my face look cakey or powdery,it gives a very nice glow,i love it.
There is other thing which drives me crazy,it never combines with my foundation,it sets on top which i hate,also it hydrates the skin alot ,although i have the worst acne prone and oily skin,it hydrates my skin alot.
I will buy it forever my be in summers ,
I also high recommend this powder for an oily skinned person,it will work well for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not quite sure why I bought this powder. I didn't need a new powder but I think I saw someone rave about it in a youtube video and next time I was at MAC, the inevitable happened and I bought it in the shade Medium as Light Plus just looked too yellow. I really like this stuff. When I first applied it, I was like "Meh - this isn't really all that special as powders go" but after about 5 minutes, "something" seemed to happen and it gave my skin a really nice, velvety, perfect-looking finish. I don't know if it melded with my moisturizer or foundation or what but, as I say, the effect was beautiful. I do like that if I touch up in the middle of the day, I don't end up looking powdery or dry. Very nice powder, though I'm not sure if it would suit those with oily complexions.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by gheenia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hav this in Medium Plus, and I am NC30 for reference. This pressed powder does an awesome job of setting foundation and concealer, and overall freshening up without piling on color and product over my existing makeup. Very lightly pigmented so it doesn't add cakey-ness to the face. Staying power is pretty good, it lasted me around 3-4 hours, whereas other finishing powders (loose and pressed) tend to disappear after an hour. The Careblend powder can sometimes look powdery when over-applied, but I pair it with the Mac Fix+ spray to get a more natural look.

Brush application works for best for me when I use this powder. I find that I tend to overapply and hit pan quite easily when I use a kabuki brush, so nowadays I use a fluffy powder brush instead and the product has lasted longer with no change in results. The mirror and puff are nice to have for touch-ups on the go too.

The talc ingredient does not bother me at all, and I actually find the formulation to be gentle. Didn't break me out at all, and no oxidation. (I oxidize easily in both MAC Select Liquid foundation and Revlon CS.)

I knocked off 1 star just because I don't like how it can sometimes be a bit powdery with overapplication, especially if I didn't moisturize enough. (for reference I have dry skin because of canadian weather. i welcome a bit of natural oil in my face if I can.)

This may not be for you if you are looking for a stand-alone pressed powder, as the color pay-off and coverage on this little to none. Also this has not blotted out any oil for me, but since I have very dry skin this is a big PRO for me. Great if used as a finishing powder, and awesome if combined with the Fix+ spray.

EDIT: I hit pan on this product in 6 weeks!!! and now I dont think this will last me til month 3. Why so little product? :( I still love it though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by IfeAde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVEEEEEEE IT!! used to use mac studio fix powder colour nw45 but as of recently i started to notice how cakeyyyyyyy it looks and it used to bother me so much no matter how lightely i applied it.

anyways, during the summer ive tanned a bit so now im using colour nw47 studio fix fluid, recently got this powder in DEEP DARK. and its amazeeeeeeeeeeballs. i was worried bcos my skin is really oily, but bcos i use good primer (prep n prime spf 50) and i use the translucent finishing powder at the end, the oil is stil controlled well.

anyways really gives a nice flawless finish
so i would defffoooooooooooo reccommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this powder recently to be used at the end of the end of the day to add some coverage and it does a great job. I have the color in Light Plus and I am about an NC20/C3 in other MAC foundations.

I recommend using a blotting sheet before applying this powder as it can get clumpy on oily skin. The finish is fairly matte, but not as matte as Studio Fix. It has good staying powder and keeps the skin from looking oily for a few hours. I recommend this product if you need light tough ups throughout the day without heavy coverage.