July 30, 2014 | 1960 users online

Loose Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Airbrushing Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

purchased this today at walmart and is impressed. I bought the translucent light, and am glad I did because of all the other reviewers complaining that it turns dark on them. It does turn darker, but i feel its more of a sinking into the skin and blending with whatever you have underneath it. Im wearing Korres wild rose moisturizer on and the powder...wow...its dewy and a bit yellowish/golden on my skin, which gives me a nice summery glow. it is translucent, very light coverage so those with not-flawless skin may need a concealer, but i do not. I bought this for the spf, and mainly intended to wear this on my arms, shoulders neck and chest to tone down shiny/greasy sunscreen (i detest shiny) plus, it makes me feel drier (gotta love the Houston humidity, it is so bad here in the summer) and comfortable. I dont mind the very slight cast it leaves on my arms and shoulders (i am a very dark NC30 on my body now; my convertible Jeep and a few months of enjoying pre-summer weather with the doors and top down caused me to get terribly brown so early in the season). I did try on face and am very pleased with the results. I have used Bare Escentuals and gloMinerals pressed base, so i only have higher-end mineral products to compare to and feel that this does perform well, and awesome low price. I havent worn it enough to see if i break out, and will update if i have any negative reactions. I am very surprised and love that i can buy this locally instead of waiting on international shipping (i have sadly given up on many american cosmetics and buy korean cosmetics online, as i feel the quality and packaging is more attractive to me).
I find the packaging delightfully cute. the kabuki brush works great to buff into skin; i love the shorter bristles. it is a little messy, but all loose mineral powders are so it is what it is. The little bubble is so cute and it reminds me of korean sun powders (i have Etude O2 white sun powder and love love love it).
overall i cant believe i found something for super cheap with a high SPF (15% titanium dioxide and 10% zinc) and is clean physical sunscreen with only 15 ingredients in its composition. I feel that this is going to be better for acne sensitive skin and rosacea, but i dont have either conditions, as my skin has been very happy lately and i hope (with less chemicals) to keep this up. In my opinion SPF 50 is so high, and i might forget to reapply if i feel i have the luxury of extra protection initially, at least the 30 keeps me aware that i need to re-apply every 3 hours or so. the package says 16 hour wear, which i do believe, as physical sunscreens dont break down like chemical ones do so re-application might not be so critical.
Of course i would buy this again and again! i am so excited to find it! I most likely will stick with this lighter tone, even though i am so dark, but it does turn darker and eventually melts into skin.
Update: i have tried this with the 2 bb creams i use in rotation; Legere multi-white on the left; skin79 gold on the right. I did notice a bit drier on the right side under the eye, but it might have too much product (i was in a hurry, didnt apply it very carefully). I am pleased to report, on me, did not get darker or 'oxidize'. I did feel overly made up, as both products made me feel like it was too thick. I will either wear the bb cream with my Etude sun powder (as it does not highlight the fine lines under my eyes when worn with bbg cream) or just moisturizer and this product alone. It really does give my face a nice glow and i love the physical sunscreen benefits (and low amount of ingredients).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by MissKSansom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So disappointed with this product, for the price you'd think it would work great but really it just made me wish i saved my receipt. Bought this loose powder in attemp to start using "natural" make up. I bought the lightest color called Translucent Light, yet my face turns really dark and orange after a few hours. I absolutely hate make up that does that because it takes away from my natural skin color making me look and feel disgusted with my face. So many times have i whiped this make up off with a kleenex or toilet paper because the orange dark tint is just aweful. Dont purchase unless you want expensive make up that turns you into an oompa loompa face!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging and the brush, but again it is way to dark and orangey for me, I got the lightest color, Translucent Light. I use is as a contour and bronzer which works fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

the lightest color was too dark, next time i will have to get translucent. it really did look like the right color in the packaging, but it turned out to be the wrong one. I did like the powder though. it gives really nice coverage and is talc-free, meaning it won't clog pores and cause break-outs.

if you are very fair, get the translucent

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This was a total waste of money.
The color translucent light looks perfect in the jar, but once applied is very yellow and turns a much darker tone when you try to layer it.
The texture is thick, and it is really hard to evenly buff into the skin. It looked patchy and it just wouldn't go on nicely.
After one use my face felt itchy, red and irritated.
From reading other reviews it seems a lot of people are having reactions to this as well.
I really think the colors oxidize too much, causing the product to darken once it comes into contact with the air. It's not very stable.
I would not recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by jptakesdc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Definitely a good product for sensitive skin. Used this for about a year as a foundation and it didn't break me out once! However I recently found that it looks too powdery on my skin and not very natural in the sun. It does give decent coverage though and keeps my skin from getting oily. I wouldn't consider it complete airbrushing but it's a decent attempt. Good for going to classes or out to the store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a true devotee to Neutrogena Healthy Skin pressed powder for years, but this stuff turned me. It is amazing! It gives me full all day and long lasting coverage, and I rarely reapply all day. It really does give you that opaque soft focus beauty queen finish, which not everyone likes, but it's my preferred finish. Overall it's perfect, the only thing is that loose powders are messy and it spills everywhere and I don't like brush so I use my own.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by aminn00

I love this mineral loose powder. The shade Creamy Natural is perfect for my fair-ish/olive tone skin. I have suffered from adult acne lately & this does NOT break me out...ahh finally! I am also happy with the ingredients: no parabens, no talc, no corn starch. The coverage is great too.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by NaturalGirl1116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Blended well and nice ingredients but the lightest shade (translucent/light) left my skin looking orange! I looked like a umpa lumpa!! Haha I really wish this came in a wider range of colors.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Melanierc7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not usually one to write reviews on a product, but I had to write about this one. I love this! I had never tried a mineral makeup before because in my mind I thought, how can a powder be foundation without looking like dust on my face? I decided to give it a chance and I am so glad I did. It actually works! I bought creamy natural and I found that it was a little too light for me, but I like it so much it doesn't bother me since I will be getting less sun now anyway since it's fall. It covers blemishes, redness and some darkness under the eyes. It probably will not hide really bad darkness under the eye though. It is also is a spf 30 with vitamins C and E! It's package is cute with a nice small kabuki brush included which works well. It says on the package that it visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkles, pores and sun damage. I think it does this slightly, but nothing major will be covered as it gives a natural look. Overall this is a really nice product. I purchased it at Walmart for around 12 dollars. It's definitely worth the try if you like a more natural look and want something on your skin that is healthy and won't make you feel "made up".