August 22, 2014 | 1860 users online

Liquid - Dinair Airbrush Makeup Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by jess8780

I purchased my Dinair pro kit a month ago. I completely obsessed and did numerous amounts of research and comparisons before i ended up purchasing the dinair kit. I was skeptical at first because i couldn't find the right color match and because my applications at first weren't so great or convincing(lack of practice of course). After a week i became better and bettter at applications and that's when i knew this will be my foundation forever! I end up with a flawless complexion every time now. I can sweat and my makeup is still there. It doesn't brake me out! and almost everything brakes me out(seriously, im not kidding... sometimes im even afraid of washing my face)! I like the fact that i don't have to spray a lot to get that even coverage. I am completely satisfied with this product! and the best part is that the make-up is very affordable! This is coming from a girl that hardly wears more than necessary make-up, now i even wear blush and enjoy contouring and highlighting my face!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by matryshka

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Re: The Dinair Personal Pro airbrush sprayer. I purchased one 5 months ago, kept it scrupulously clean, treated it like fragile china, used it approximately 6 times with only Dinair products & I was pleased with the coverage. But then the airbrush just stopped working properly. The air sprayed out fine but not the makeup. Watched the DVD to ensure I was doing everything correctly when troubleshooting the possible cause. Nothing. Emailed customer service numerous times & received either no replies or replies with no solutions. Talked to LiveChat who said it must need a deep cleaning, to mail it to them & they’ll charge me $25 for the cleaning…..a deep cleaning after only 6 uses! LiveChat had to admit that it would be unusual for it to need a deep cleaning after so short of time & having been used only half a dozen times. I read everything I could on every website that dealt with troubleshooting airbrush sprayers to try to determine what was wrong with this airbrush. Next, spoke to a rep on the telephone who didn’t have a clue as to what could be the problem, I suggested that maybe the O-ring needed replacing. She sent me 2 O-rings…wrong size. However, a friend who recently purchased one of these airbrush sprayers (on my recommendation, I’m sad to say) lent me her O-ring…that was not it, problem continued. Yesterday, I again emailed Dinair & par for the course, have yet to hear back from them. If I were asked to recommend this product, I would say a very emphatic NO. They claim they have wonderful customer service… not from my experience nor do they seem to know their product. Not once did they offer any concrete help or offer to replace the airbrush. I hope in relating my experience with Dinair, that it will save someone else the cost of this airbrush as well as the frustration in dealing with Dinair.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by AnaLouis

Before i purchase Dinair i"ve seen some of the reviews to make sure that what i was about to purchase was good. I've seen terrible reviews and satisfying reviews so i just order it with a sales rept and she convinced me to be a pro card member for my clients and how much money i will be making with DINAIR, not only that but she gave me a Skype lesson. She was wonderful, helpful, and professional.
The last thing was my shipment, i was worried because i live in CANADA.
OOH WOW when i received my product and my compressor the packaging from the inside was really protected that I will definetly not hesitate on ordering again and my airbrush make up is flawless ..
I LOVE MY DINAIR.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by gamoses

I have fairly severe acne, so a foundation that covers it without making it worse has been a life-long struggle. My skin is naturally oily, but topical acne medication dries it out, so it's often flaky on top with shine all day-- ugh! Dinair's alcohol-based "paramedical" foundations (not the ones that usually come with the kit; you have to ask for them special) have been miraculous for me. I did get one small bottle of the water-based foundation called "glamour" for using around my eyes (the alcohol stings!) and on the too-dry skin around my lips, and also on top of any scab-like post-breakout spots. Everywhere else I use the paramedical foundation, and it seems to even be helping my acne a little.

Sadly, this is not as full-coverage as I'd prefer, because it gets very obvious and starts to crease if you apply too much. But that's been easily fixed with Make Up Forever's "full cover" concealer either under or on top of the Dinair. Perfect! All together, I use 4 drops of the water-based foundation and 20 of the paramedical foundation, though a little of that goes on my neck.

When finished, I use Bare Minerals' "mineral veil" powder on top, and thus remain matte for a full six hours!!! This in itself is astounding! A single touch up of powder sets me for the rest of the day. (I cannot even begin to describe how many other foundations I have tried in search of something long-lasting.) I bought and tried the "no sweat" spray, but found that it wasn't necessary and also tended to clog the gun. I'll put it on with a cotton ball during the summer only.

The cons:
- it takes a few minutes to clean the gun thoroughly after every single use, and when it's not cleaned well enough you won't discover it until the next morning when you're in a rush to get out the door and suddenly the airbrush is clogged. I've just bought their special cleaning brushes, since the paramedical makeup seems harder to clean well.
- it makes my eyelashes, eyebrows, and nose hairs stand out (light makeup on dark hair), but these are easily fixed with q-tips, mascara, and/or liquid eyeliner
- it does have a learning curve, but i was wearing it out the door after 5-10 tries
- you can't just go to the store when you run out. I think the foundation bottles are priced reasonably, but it's still a $100 investment in the airbrush itself.
- even their smallest sizes are huge. i bought a pink for blush and purple for eyeshadow that I have not loved, so that was $20 down the drain. Regular makeup goes on just fine over the Dinair foundation.

the pros (as detailed above)
- good for my acne
- covers skin well (with concealer on blemishes)
- stays matte on oily skin (with added powder) better than anything else

To sum up, it's not perfect, but it's definitely the best I've ever found. I highly recommend it for anyone with acne and oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ballyhoo3

I totally agree with KMT. They have the worst customer service of any company I have ever been to. Do not buy from them. They have false advertising in their store, the people that work there are morons and they lie as well. Unreal experience with them today. I will be taking my business elsewhere, as well as letting everyone on the internet know not to purchase their products as I promised I would do.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by KMTat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THE ABSOLUTE WORST PURCHASING EXPERIENCE EVER!!! VERY RUDE!! NO REFUNDS ON MAKE UP!! NO COURTESY FOR FIRST TIME CUSTOMERS! VERY MISLEADING WEBSITE!!! DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE!! RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by sweettaurus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have never reviewed a make-up product before but I LOVE this one so much so I felt that I had to share.
A little about myself first. I am a woman in her late thirties that has had a problem with acne in the last 10 years. Because of the acne I had a problem with over doing my foundation just to try and cover it up. This would lead me to break out more and hence the cycle would continue. I heard of a friend of mine who also had acne had perchased airbrush make-up and loved it , so then the research for what product line I would go for began. I chose Dinair against all the other lines out there because for one they are the ones that started it out. They're make-up is also water based and paraben free. The final reason I went with them is that their kit was the least expensive.
Since using Dinair my skin has cleared up condsiderably , even my boyfriend has noticed a difference. The make-up lasts all day and dosn't melt off half way throught the day like conventional foundation. Dinair is buildable so you can wear as little of as much as you need and it still looks very natural. It's amazing really, it's not like I am trying to cover anything up anymore, it's more like me , just better.All the make-up is customizable so adding a drop of this to a drop of that can create a brand new colour. The make-up is matte but that can be rectified( if that's what you want) by using their moist and dewy. It does take a little bit to get use to the application . I watched a whack of youtube videos on how to apply and I have to say by the second time I had it down. Dinair does offer videos on their site also. The initial kit was a little pricey but in the long run the make-up lasts a lot longer. Also the cost of reordering is very affordable. I'm Canadian so it took about 3 weeks for me to get my order and after paying the duty and shipping costs I did some research to see if there was a distributor in Canada. Lucky for me there is . The cost of the products are just slightly higher but to save on insane shipping and duty fees I end up coming out ahead in the end. If there is anyone out there that is interesting in this product , I say go for it!!! I look forward to doing my make-up everyday now!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by bborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have circled back to using my Dinair Airbrush Foundation because my beloved Kat Von D Lock-It is missing in action for the time being, or at least until Sephora is able to restock its supply. I have had a very bad attitude about this, and am grudgingly using foundations that I had stored away since Lock-It came into my life.

I pulled my air compressor out, gave the gun a good cleaning and went to work. When I had initially purchased the Dinair system I just was not that impressed with the coverage or the durability of the foundation. However, I guess it is my new-found spirit of "nothing is going to make me happy anyway" that is resulting in a much better end result. It takes about 10 drops of foundation to spray my face adequately, keeping in mind that I do have some areas of melasma that I cover with a stippling brush and one or two extra drops of foundation. Additionally I apply the foundation over my Tarte Oil Control BB Creme, which adds both sun protection and longer wear to the Dinar product. I set the foundation with Guerlain Meteorites Powder, and use Urban Decay Naked blush trio over that. This combination does give a very natural finish and seems to resist breaking down from oil. The color stays true throughout the day and has not caused any breakouts. All things considered, this is now my number two favorite foundation.

Now for the downside: airbrush systems are all well and good for professionals and special occasions, but they are unweildly and time consuming for this average gal getting ready to scurry out the door in the morning. Most of the time suck comes from having to clean the gun thoroughly when you are finished and, if you are not using a water docker, you have to fill the cup with water, cap the fill bowl and the needle end and tie back the trigger. Beginning to end the entire process can add 10 minutes to my morning cosmetics routine, time I would rather spend looking for my pantyhose or deciding which earrings to wear.

I guess there are no perfect solutions. Come back Kat, all is forgiven.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by knhappyface

I am in love! I have absolutely no idea why airbrush makeup isn't seen more often in everyday society. People spend SO much time and money trying to find foundation that mimicks airbrush quality; so why not get the real deal?

I bought the Personal Pro kit from Dinair, and have zero complaints whatsoever. I actually wear a thin layer on top of my usual Cover FX E10 cream foundation, and below the Cover FX matte setting powder. It makes my skin look so gorgeous and smooth, further diminishes the appearance of my dark spots from old acne, and really diffuses the appearance of my large nose and cheek pores (especially from a distance!). Up close, my skin texture looks exactly the same as it does without makeup, but from a couple feet back, it looks 100% flawless. It's amazing.

The foundation doesn't transfer at all, dries on contact, and lasts me through an entire 8.5 hour on-my-feet work shift without needing to add more matte powder. This is a first for me, for ANY foundation.

It does take like 6-10 applications to really figure it out and perfect your look, and longer if you're planning to use it for eyeshadow ("airshadow") and contouring. I have trouble using it for blush, as it tends to look a little unnatural. I love it for eyeshadow, though. It's so much faster and looks just as good or better than using regular brushes.

Overall, I would recommend the Dinair line to everybody. It's 100% worth the money and its versatility is unbeatable.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by yesitskellie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this system for personal use because I never seem to have makeup on at the end of the day even after using primers underneath & both Ben Nye final seal and the Mehron products to keep the makeup in place. The reviews I read prior to purchase said tears & sweat would not affect this makeup and that the colors were great. I'm a dark skinned person & I sent a picture for them to match me. I was told Egyptian bronze was the correct color for my skin tone. Sadly, today I am attempting to find a foundation color that actually matches me & does not make me look all red in the face. The system is pretty easy to use so I give it an overall 3 taking off points for not really having a better array of colors for women of color whose undertones are not red. The unfortunate thing is, for years I've had difficulty finding the right foundation color and many either make me look red or make me look ashy, MAC is the only company I've found that has a flawless match for my skin tone. I will be looking & hoping that MAC has a color in their airbrush line that matches the color I have been wearing that is not an airbrush product. I would buy this system & the other makeup colors just not the foundation.