July 30, 2014 | 1012 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Original SPF 15 Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by avidmakeupuser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard a bunch of reviews on how wonderful this foundation was/is. I was all about trying it out as I hate the feeling of heavy foundation on my face. The bad thing was I must be allergic to the "natural" minerals. After twenty min of wearing my face started to itch. I didn't think anything of it for a while however after a month of wearing it itched each and every time I wore it. Took me a while to find this out as I have allergies all the time. The coverage was not so good for me either. It actually showed more on my skin then foundation. Didn't give as much coverage either as expected. I think if I wasn't so fair it would have been a wonderful choice. (Also if I wasn't allergic). Plus it is a messy mess trying to use it. I wasted half the product by it spilling all over the place.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I was struggling with acne this is what my dermatologist recommended to wear. The coverage was buildable but still lighter than I would have liked, it was very drying and I often noticed my skin being flakey and feeling like I looked ghostly. I used a flat top kabuki too. This actually looked better the longer I had it on my skin, the first hour I had it on I would look really dry but my own oils would eventually soak into the powder and it looked more natural.
Still, overall even with the negatives it was an okay foundation. I am kind of over powders because of the extra clean up with the brushes, and ease of contamination. Even with anti-microbial coating on my brush and the lid, I still managed to keep about the same amount of acne.
I loved the idea of this product being simple and natural, such an awesome concept. Wish the simplicity of the ingredients was translated into the price.
I eventually switched to neutrogena acne prone and the coverage was better and my skin actually broke out less.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by kirana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for a week, and I'm really impressed. I have sensitive skin, but so far it hasn't caused skin irritations or pimples. It's so easy and quick to apply, and makes my skin look perfect. It covers redness and pimple marks beautifully, but looks so natural, like I'm not wearing makeup at all. Got a lot of compliments, people told me I had beautiful skin and asked me what skincare products, not what makeup products I used. I'm happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by nudylipstickgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this at the Ulta store and just wanted to see if it was anything to rave about. It is okay. I wore it in medium beige neutral and the color was decent but I didn't like how it sat on my skin, my skin is slightly dry and starting to mature with age. It felt alittle heavier than what I was expecting like I had dusted on some fine clay (which is what it is + oxides that give it color). I think someone who has oily skin might like it because it might absorb the oil. But I just not a fan of the texture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I have been using bareminerals for years. It was the first foundation I ever bought. You can use it alone for a natural everyday look or you can wear it over liquid foundation to get a very flawless look. Over the past couple months I have not been wearing liquid foundation and have completely converted back to mineral makeup. I feel like it gives such a natural effect while still looking very flawless and it so perfect for everyday. It is also very natural in terms of ingredients and I feel like it is not as irritating to me sensitive skin. Highly recommend bareminerals!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by linz75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't even count how many containers I have used, have tried 3 different Mineral Foundations and always came back to BE Original SPF 15.
The finish is perfect for me, I need a slightly thicker finish, not sheer, so this is just right. I always buy Medium Beige, such a right color for me.
I definitely don't breakout.

I actually want to try more expensive one like Bobbi Brown and see if it has better finish, maybe one day.
Love this product! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

What a difference a few hours makes. At first this looked flawless and I loved it. After about 6 hours I took some photos and could not believe how awful my face looked. I can describe exactly what happened but it was like it was separating away from itself and from my face..yuk!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by carcar44324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is fabulous! I was matched with Fairly Medium which was a perfect complement to my fair-medium skin with pink undertones. My skin can change color throughout the year, thankfully this line offered a lot of shades to suit my skintone in summer and winter. I also have very oily, sensitive, acne prone skin and this did not irritate it or slide off during sports or hot summer months. For application I moisturize with Aveeno Positively Radiant and then use EcoTools Bronzing Brush which provided nice coverage (HG Foundation brush!). The updated packaging with the twist lid is so much more handy and doesn't allow product to fall out.

PROS
-Variety of shades to match almost any skin tone
-Doesn't Clog pores!
-Can be used as a foundation and concealer (just concentrate more in certain areas)
-SPF 15
-Can sleep in it and it won't irritate skin as badly as liquid foundations
-Doesn't have the "mask" feeling

CONS
-Makes dry skin more noticeable. My oily skin can be dry and flaky due to acne treatments.
-Isn't full coverage, You have to have somewhat good skin beforehand for this to work for you
-Only lasts me 1-2 months
-Expensive. Also beware about purchasing on amazon, they sell for very cheap but more often than not they are NOT authentic products (learned this the hard way)

Overall a very solid product for sensitive, oily skin gals like myself. I would imagine this would work for the majority of skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by angelicafabrey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I've never been a fan of liquid foundations and i was searching for a new powder base foundation to replace my old one. Heard good reviews on this so i decided to try it out. The first time i tried it, i noticed a very strong mineral smell which lasted almost the whole day and it really put me off. I decided to give it another go and weirdly, the smell disappeared on my second day of use. I kind of like this foundation coz it didnt break me out and the coverage is just nice, nothing too heavy which I like. I have combination skin so this product didnt make my t-zone oily either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by BeccahH

I still have containers of this makeup in my drawers. Idk, it worked great for me during my twenties, but the year after I turned 30, it was over. The foundation became very very aging. I definitely can no longer use this during the winter time. In the summers, I can use it hwne it's face melting hot & nothing else will stay on. That's the only time I would recommend this & also there ARE many high quality, cheaper mineral makeup alternative on the market now: like Everyday Minerals. Use my code at Iherb.com for $5-$10 off your first order: REB607