Bare Escentuals Original SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 3/11/2015 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

My first experience with Bare Minerals was with the BareSkin foundation. As I used the BareSkin I got more and more intrigued with the companies other product, especially this product. I brought myself a started kit in Light, it was discounted and I just couldnt help myself! Light was to dark for me, so I went to the counter in my town and purchased Fairly Light which is perfect for me

Packaging- The packaging for the foundation is great, its suits the powder, the dispenser is easy and it makes sure you dont waste any product. I feel at ease traveling with this as I know its secure thanks to the twist dispenser.

Formula- Like all BM mineral makeup from eye shadow to blush, the foundation formula is light, velvet like and smooth to the touch.

Wear/look/feel- I did the usual application, the swirl and tap thing! I watched some youtube videos also so I could get it right. I use the primer that came in the kit i brought and its fab, just as good smashbox and too faced. I buffed the foundation in. I used around 3-4 layers. It did take me longer to get ready but now I am getting used it to it it takes me less time everyday to put it on. The foundation feels light weight, it was easy to put on and has fab, sheer-medium coverage, though you can build it up more. You can also use the foundation as concealer if you have a few blemishes. It also gives me a glow, a natural glow from within. I have had many compliments since I started using this. It lasts all day when set the mineral veil also. It dealt well with my dry skin which is usually what I have huge trouble with. Since I have been using BM my skin has actually improved, breakouts are less often, and my redness has reduced a hell of a lot. The thing that I love about BM is that is actually healthy for your skin, not harmful. I wish I had gone straight to this when I first started using makeup! It makes me look like me, but airbrushed with a natural 'my skin is happy and healthy' glow. Even my other half noticed a difference. It also deals well with covering my under eye circles. That is another thing I struggled with, but not anymore.

Price- £25, I do not mind paying this at all, a little goes a very long way. Totally worth the price.

Overall- I will never stop repurchasing this, unless I find a problem, I will update if I do! However I think that will be unlikely. I am so so so so impressed with this, I can see why its a best seller. I always trust 'best seller' over 'award winner'! I cannot believe I have only just discovered this! After several months and products I can finally say I have found my Holy Grail foundation! I love BM they are my go to brand and I am fast falling in love with many of their products from setting powder to mascara, even their skin care is first class. I have never loved a brand so much as this before!!

Having oily skin, I have tried both the matte and original formula and much prefer the original. If used with a light hand and buffed in thoroughly, this product provides a light/medium coverage with a natural finish. Doesn't break me out and the container of powder lasts a very long time. I find that this foundation actually looks better after a few hours of wear, when it's able to set into the natural oils of my skin(gross but true). Only downside is is that my t-zone does get shiny with this throughout the day.

This has been my favorite foundation for years, it's the only one I use! It is the BEST powder foundation out there - definitely worth the price. My shade is "Fairly Light" and it matches my skin tone perfectly. It blends well, looks natural on my skin, does well concealing blemishes if I skip using concealer (which is rare), and leaves such a smooth finish on my face. I can't say enough about how I love the natural look it gives, while also providing full-coverage.
The packaging is great, too - after you unscrew the lid there is plastic covering the opening, which you slide to have access to the powder. I really appreciate this feature because it prevents powder from falling out and all over the container, even if I throw it in my makeup bag during travel. It's perfect!

on 10/27/2014 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to use Nude by Nature mineral foundation but they have changed the tone of the Light/Medium to more beige and I had to look elswhere. Of course I though of BareMinerals especially since they have Fair Golden shade. Now, it is hard to find the right shade for me, as it is for every pale girl. I have fair-warm-slightly olive skin tone. I have very mixed feelings about the foundation perfomance.
1. It melts off my face exactly the same way as Nude by Nature does. Even sooner.
2. It doesn not give me that flawless skin look probably because it has tha glow that makes my pores stand out.
3. Getting to the glow. Why the hell GOLDEN undertone has off white glow?
4. The shade itself isn't really golden. It's more truly fair (and I mean pale fair really) neutral shade and because of that white reflect it just looks white. This is one of a dissapointment.
5. Why on earth it is so easy to wipe it off immediately after application? I always have that problem with liquid foundations, even with a primer. But mineral one, seriously?

I don't want to try matt version because of all the reviews of it. I'll try to mix it with my NbN and see how it goes. Such a disapointment...

This product is a god send!
I wear my original foundation nearly every day and it gives a light-medium coverage with the full flawless face brush but I've found if you use the precision face brush you can get an amazing full coverage!
I love the finish, it makes your skin look glowing. It lasts all day, I personally never have to top up.
It lasts me probably about 6 months which I think is very good. BareMinerals are amazing value!

on 10/20/2014 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say that I am on my fourth or fifth container and this makeup is starting to look better than any liquid foundation. Golden Medium is my exact match. I am NC30 to 35 (during summer). I wear a primer underneath and I am all set. This can practically last on me the whole day. When I feel too oily on the face, I just blot and that is basically it. Wearing this foundation has kept my skin unbelievably supple and nice. I think it is expensive compared to other mineral foundations like L'Oreal. However, this has less ingredients than L'Oreal. Overall, very happy with the performance.

on 10/18/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I already reviewed the matte form of this. It made me look like an old hag. This made me look like maybe less of an older hag but a hag all the same. Being the stubborn and thrifty person I am, I was determined to make it work until I used it. I would use just the tiniest amount to set my undereye concealer. Then spray with setting spray like your life depended on it. That is the only way this worked for me. I have oily summer skin, combo rest of year. Get a sample of this before you pay good money for a full container to see if it's right for you.

on 8/31/2014 5:14:00 PM

I am shocked at all the bad reviews! This is the only powder I will ever use on my face! It always looks natural on me. I apply after my moisturizer (Aveeno Positively Radiant) and eyebrow (Anastasia Dipbrow - the powder helps to blend it somehow). I get tons of compliments on my skin, and no one notices my blemishes. The other day someone told me my complexion looked like dewy porcelain! That would not be possible without this foundation and the Bare Minerals Stroke of Light.

on 8/29/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

By far this is one of the worst mineral makeups I have ever used. Maybelline coming in first and this second. It does not look natural on the skin, causes my face to get super greasy and overall the wear is terrible.

It took me a long time to figure out how to use this foundation and make it look good. I now use it without primer. I do use much more product then is suggested. I use the BAREMINERALS Soft Focus Brush and swirl it in the product that I put in the lid. I use small circular motions down the middle of my face, then my cheeks, nose and forehead. Next, I use the same brush and very lightly stroke downward to make sure all pores are covered. After that I use Original Mineral Veil in circular motions all over my face, and then stroke down again.

This takes me way less time then if I use a liquid foundation now that I know how to use the bareminerals. During the day I touch up one time with original Mineral Veil again and a little kabuki brush from Sephora.

I've tried going back to liquid or to MAC studio fix powder foundation, but I ALWAYS come back to this.

For me it just took using the right brush for my skin and some practice.

I also use the Bareminerals skin care with it.