April 24, 2014 | 1925 users online

Foundations - Mary Kay - TimeWise Luminous-Wear Liquid Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by BrittGlass32510

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ugh, I was expecting something great, but must say this might be one of THE WORST foundations ever!! I have friends who love MK brand, so occasionally I will give things a try, but I think I'm finally finished with giving the benefit of the doubt.

The product makes my skin greasy, not luminous at all. It makes my pores appear larger, and exacerbates fine lines and imperfections. YUCK!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by danie911

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is easy to apply, it's lightweight, gives great coverage, which can be added to with the Mary Kay mineral powder and is very resonably priced!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by aquafina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE This!!!!!! I am not much of a foundation kinda gal but this stuff is great when I feel like I need more coverage and it looks natural...I have received compliments when I wear it.....like, " you look great today" or "your face looks smooth"....I will definitely buy again and price is not bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by cattlegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Just bought this Foundation in Beige 2 and I am very impressed. Skin was moisturized w/o slick feel and no tightness. I will defintely be using this as my new Foundation. Has a beautiful look to it w/o the shne too. I would recommend this highly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Taking down a lippie because it broke me out. It's still a great foundation but I just can't tolerate cyclopentasiloxane in any form. Sad because I loved this finish and color match.

I don't want to even think about how much money I've spent on foundations over the past year.

For reference, my skin is: acne-prone, sensitive and aging (40 plus). I am sensitive to many of the popular 'cones in high concentrations. I am NW50 in Mac, with both red and yellow undertones. Sunscreen in foundation makes me look ashy and photographs horribly on me.

I have tried literally every foundation available in a brick and mortar store and a couple of mail-order mineral foundations. They all left me wanting.

Timewise Luminous in Bronze 8 is working for me right now. I love, love, love the shimmer on my dark skin. I actually like the richness of this color much better than the colors in Mary Kay's Medium-Coverage foundation (with that one, I had to mix two colors to get the (almost) right shade. I mixed Bronze 607 and 708) This one is a pretty flawless match.

It seems most of the complaints are about the staying power but I don't seem to have a problem with that. I set it in the morning with a loose powder and then use Mac Blot during the day. I blot a lot less than I do with say, a cream foundation. I don't wear primers because they break me out.

Cons: I wish this was a bigger tube and I wish they would have left out the cycolpentasiloxane on this. MK was one of the last companies to include that ingredient. It doesn't seem to be irritating my skin though and I haven't had any breakouts on the beginnings of under the skin bumps. I also wish this was available in stores but I order from Amazon.com so I don't have to go through a salesperson. I want to try the matte one also, just to do a comparison.

If you've tried everything else with no luck, give this a shot.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by cwallace720

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I said that I'd buy this again because when I ran out a few weeks ago, I just bought it again because I didn't know what else to buy.

I have dry skin, and its hard to get it under control. However, I thought this 'luminous' foundation would help with that. Wrong.

It feels looks alright when I first put it on.
It covers my uneven skin tone.
I'm 34 and have a few very fine lines by my eyes. I swear, this foundation makes it look worse. And by the end of the day, the dry skin that looks alright in the morning looks terrible. Even though my skin tone is uneven (a little redness), my skin actually looks younger when I wash the makeup off, and the little lines around my eyes are less noticeable.
I need to try something else but I don't know what.

By the way, I do NOT use the foundation brush the Mary Kay recommends. During my facial, the lady used the brush and it looked like a had a thick coat of shiny paint on my face....it was hideous. It's much better when applied with the fingers. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by an4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it! Makes me glow and look fresh and new! Feels very light and blends so well into my skin! Everyone should wear it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by amoi

Being from the UK Ive never heard of the brand before, but since my friend was holding a mary kay party and I was in the market for a new foundation I thought why not!? I got matched up by the sales lady and I fit Ivory4 perfectly (neutral undertones).
I have normal skin which gets dry over the course of the day meaning make-up looks awful and no primer helps..and definitely not a powder!
so I was pleasantly surprised when I found this foundation to last a good 12 hours without turning my face into a flakey mess!
Infact my foundation looked perfect and the same as when I had applied it 12 hours earlier. This is definitely a first for me.

I would say its a light/medium coverage that it build-able and covers any redness easily without caking on. Although I do use a concealer anyway (mac studio finish nc20 matches this foundation shade perfectly) just to ensure any blemishes are covered completely.

The packaging is ok, its nice its in a tube which means no product will go to waste, but I do think screwing on the lid is a bit annoying. apart from that I love this foundation and will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by MusesX9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a foundation slut. Sorry, it's true. I have tried everything. I didn't even give this a second look because having tried Merle Norman and being so disappointed, as well as, Avon, I didn't think this could compete with my current rotation of Ken, Scott Barnes, Chanel and Becca (my other fave). Honestly, I used this with and without the primer. I love it regardless. I have combo skin which tends to get dry around the eyes and I was worried about it settling in my pores. Nope! Color was spot-on and it has lasted all day! It hasn't oxidized on me (a lot of them do), it hasn't gotten spotty, or faded, or caked, or sunk in pores. It looks as fresh as when I first put it on. I really love this and will definitely be using this in the future. This is really one of the best foundations I have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by kimber123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 40 years old and have brown spots( sun damage) and redness from broken capillaries on my cheeks and nose. My skin is usually on the dryer side. I have been using all kinds of foundations such as CoverFX, Dermablend, Makeup Forever HD and I have to say this is the best foundation I have ever used to date. Covers my redness beautiful and had a little sheen to make me look less dry and young. If you don't like sheen, just pat some powder over it and now you are matte. Love this stuff!! I am Ivory 4 shade .