October 25, 2014 | 1161 users online

Foundations - Mary Kay - TimeWise Luminous-Wear Liquid Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by bigfootsR4real

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation makes my face feel sticky, and remains to be sticky through the whole day, even with powder over it! Even if I wear primer underneath, it still applies splotchy and quickly wears off. It's a complete ripoff for the $22USD I pay for it about every two months. I have found a cheaper foundation that works much better. Timewise also makes my face itchy when I first put it on. It also settles into every possible wrinkle, and I don't even have many because I'm 15! I have to wear foundation because of a skin condition I have called Rosacea that makes my face very red and splotchy, and this doesn't cover it very well at all, especially on my nose and cheeks, which is the worst, and coincidentally that is where the foundation wears off the easiest. I wouldn't recommend this to anybody ever. It's just not good. I'm going to go back to my Neutrogena Shine Control Foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a few foundations love, Mac Face and Body, Origins Vitazing, and now...Timewise Luminous Wear Foundation. The co.or chart is a tad bit confusing so I can see where color matching error can happen, but its worth the experimenting. I apply this with a beauty blender and I feel this leads to the best results. The finish is the perfect amounts of dewy without looking like an oil slick. I've found this lasts several hours when worn with a good skin care system and primer. Plus the age fighting benefits are a plus! My skin can be extremely dry or combo and this works great. If you have an oily T-zone swear a mattifier! Great foundation, I get complements all the time!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by brookester

Not the best foundation... but not the worst . I would not recommend this foundation for people with oily skin ( which I have).. it also made me break out a little bit so I immediately stopped using it.. On the flip side its super quick, super blendable, does not oxidize at all and if you get the right color it will match perfectly. I got this foundation from a friend who's mom is a Mary Kay consultant and she accidently got the wrong color so she gave it too me and the color was great. its also a little too sparkly for my taste.. I recommend this for people that have dry non acne prone skin. Oily skin people beware!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Cydney7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was completely IN LOVE with the medium coverage foundation before they discontinued it and tried this. it's a little bit on the greasy side if you ask me and the colour is a little too light on my skin and the colour up from that was much to dark. I want my medium foundation back! It was so muh nicer and set nicely on my skin and fit my shade perfectly.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by BrittGlass32510

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ugh, I was expecting something great, but must say this might be one of THE WORST foundations ever!! I have friends who love MK brand, so occasionally I will give things a try, but I think I'm finally finished with giving the benefit of the doubt.

The product makes my skin greasy, not luminous at all. It makes my pores appear larger, and exacerbates fine lines and imperfections. YUCK!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by danie911

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is easy to apply, it's lightweight, gives great coverage, which can be added to with the Mary Kay mineral powder and is very resonably priced!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by aquafina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE This!!!!!! I am not much of a foundation kinda gal but this stuff is great when I feel like I need more coverage and it looks natural...I have received compliments when I wear it.....like, " you look great today" or "your face looks smooth"....I will definitely buy again and price is not bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by cattlegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Just bought this Foundation in Beige 2 and I am very impressed. Skin was moisturized w/o slick feel and no tightness. I will defintely be using this as my new Foundation. Has a beautiful look to it w/o the shne too. I would recommend this highly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Taking down a lippie because it broke me out. It's still a great foundation but I just can't tolerate cyclopentasiloxane in any form. Sad because I loved this finish and color match.

I don't want to even think about how much money I've spent on foundations over the past year.

For reference, my skin is: acne-prone, sensitive and aging (40 plus). I am sensitive to many of the popular 'cones in high concentrations. I am NW50 in Mac, with both red and yellow undertones. Sunscreen in foundation makes me look ashy and photographs horribly on me.

I have tried literally every foundation available in a brick and mortar store and a couple of mail-order mineral foundations. They all left me wanting.

Timewise Luminous in Bronze 8 is working for me right now. I love, love, love the shimmer on my dark skin. I actually like the richness of this color much better than the colors in Mary Kay's Medium-Coverage foundation (with that one, I had to mix two colors to get the (almost) right shade. I mixed Bronze 607 and 708) This one is a pretty flawless match.

It seems most of the complaints are about the staying power but I don't seem to have a problem with that. I set it in the morning with a loose powder and then use Mac Blot during the day. I blot a lot less than I do with say, a cream foundation. I don't wear primers because they break me out.

Cons: I wish this was a bigger tube and I wish they would have left out the cycolpentasiloxane on this. MK was one of the last companies to include that ingredient. It doesn't seem to be irritating my skin though and I haven't had any breakouts on the beginnings of under the skin bumps. I also wish this was available in stores but I order from Amazon.com so I don't have to go through a salesperson. I want to try the matte one also, just to do a comparison.

If you've tried everything else with no luck, give this a shot.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by cwallace720

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I said that I'd buy this again because when I ran out a few weeks ago, I just bought it again because I didn't know what else to buy.

I have dry skin, and its hard to get it under control. However, I thought this 'luminous' foundation would help with that. Wrong.

It feels looks alright when I first put it on.
It covers my uneven skin tone.
I'm 34 and have a few very fine lines by my eyes. I swear, this foundation makes it look worse. And by the end of the day, the dry skin that looks alright in the morning looks terrible. Even though my skin tone is uneven (a little redness), my skin actually looks younger when I wash the makeup off, and the little lines around my eyes are less noticeable.
I need to try something else but I don't know what.

By the way, I do NOT use the foundation brush the Mary Kay recommends. During my facial, the lady used the brush and it looked like a had a thick coat of shiny paint on my face....it was hideous. It's much better when applied with the fingers. :)