Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Hibiscus

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/17/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This tinted lip balm isn't awful and it's not amazing, it's just OK. It moisturizes (but not as much as my Fresh tinted lip balms), has a hint of colour as promised, and has the lasting power of a lip balm, not a lip stick. It does what it promises. I just prefer my Fresh tinted lip balms more. They're more expensive, but I prefer the amount of moisture and colour they give over these. I got these on sale, but if they weren't on sale I would find them too expensive at almost $10 at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada.

The Hibiscus color was very dissapointing. Unlike the Red Dahlia, or Rose, this color didn't sink in. Rather it just sat on top of my lips and accentuated the dryness of my lips and the color collected in the creases and looked awful. Its possible my tube was defective, but because of how badly it looked applied, I gave it away. Waste of money.

on 3/4/2014 10:31:00 AM

This provides a good colour payoff that lasts at least a couple of hours if I donít eat. Drinking water doesnít seem to make it fade much. The warm pink colour flatters my warm-toned medium Asian skin tone (sorry, I don't know what my NC number is, but I use Stila tinted moisturiser in tone / Urban Decay tinted moisturiser in Halo) Ė not too warm, but still with this hint of coral. This goes with most of my neutral outfits with simple silhouettes, both cool- and warm-toned ones, and doesnít look cartoonish or overly dressed up when I wear elaborate jewellery. Worn alone with dark neutral eyeliner, it has a very natural, understated look.

I think that for lips with no dryness issues, this range provides a moderate level of moisturisation in temperate climates and is more than enough for a tropical climate, so it does function as a balm. The texture is very creamy, and not at all plasticky - it feels very 'natural'. The scent is very understated and pleasant - there's hardly any fragrance at all. The packaging isn't fancy but works - the lid never falls off, and the twisting mechanism doesn't break down and fail to retract when you extend the lip colour to its maximum limit.

Itís a really good go-to lip colour and good value for the money (S$12), so I plan to buy it again after I run out. It really adds a bit of polish to an understated makeup look and it's not too fancy to wear with my loungewear!

on 2/7/2014 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hibiscus is a natural pink colour, exact colour of my lips. This colour would just add some pink back to my morning pale, dry lips.

I love it!! My lips get extremely dry in the winter, I use regular lip balm once an hour (Burt's Bees as well) and use this tinted one occasionally in the day (when I'm going out and don't have time for mirror + perfect lipstick).

Unfortunately as others have mentioned, I too am disappointed that the fat packaging does not equate to the actual product! It's the size of a regular lip balm. Still it's a fantastic product.

My favourite colour is Rose... Hibiscus is lighter pink but I prefer Rose for a lipstick-like colour.

on 10/7/2013 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I couldn't believe how highly this is rated here! This product was the first time I'd been disappointed by Burt's Bees.

The product delivered no color at all, and I know it's not a lipstick and the color should be very subtle, but I got no color at ALL. Even more disappointing, however, is that it's also not hydrating! It just sort of sits on my lips feeling sort of greasy, never absorbs, and never makes my lips any softer at all.

In short, I'm VERY glad I got this stuff on clearance or I'd be majorly upset I spent so much on such a disappointment! Back to EOS spheres for me.

on 9/8/2013 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product really gets the job done perfectly. It's moisturizing and gives the perfect amount of tinted dusty rose color. I love it!

on 7/30/2013 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I purchased this to try, I thought it would be a huge fat lip balm (for whatever I love those). When I removed it from the packaging, it was a normal size chap stick. I have used it several times, and am severely under 'wowed' by this product. For the price and the quality, I'll go back to my Clinique Superbalm.

on 7/26/2013 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have fallen in love with this product! It is super moisturising and the colour is really pretty and natural. It is perfect for use in the office. I will definitely repurchase, and I plan on getting a few other shades too!

on 6/20/2013 10:18:00 AM

It takes me forever to use up a lip balm, and typically I have a few of them lying about. But I didn't have a tinted one, and I thought I could use one for those times when regular lipstick just seems too much, but you need something. The packaging appealed to me in the store, but that turned out to be a disappointment. I didn't realize there was a plastic tube of lip balm inside; I had assumed that the outer container was part of the tube itself. (I am still keeping the tube inside the outer packaging, even though it takes up too much space in my purse -- don't ask me why!) Anyway, the lip balm itself is a pleasure to use. I love the slightly sweet fragrance and the slight touch of color. If anything, I wish it could be either more opaque, or a little bit darker. But overall, I am happy with this purchase.

on 6/5/2013 10:32:00 PM

I LOVE Burts Bee's products as this is literally the cosmetics company I have had the longest relationship with. (I wore their lipbalms in high school while lifeguarding :) )

Great color and texture. very moisturizing. wonderful ingredients. This is definitely a sheer MLBB, kind of a dusty rose with a hint of coral. I have been wearing it on top of a NARS pure matte lipstick to combat the drying effect and the colors combine very well. (NARS montego bay for reference).

If I have a coupon to CVS this can end up being very cheap. I did however think that the tube was going to be a lot larger considering how big the cardboard packaging is around it. Oh well, its still a great lipbalm. Not as good as Fresh Sugar.... but pretty great especially for the price.

Popular Lip Treatments