April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm - Hibiscus

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I LOVE Burts Bee's products as this is literally the cosmetics company I have had the longest relationship with. (I wore their lipbalms in high school while lifeguarding :) )

Great color and texture. very moisturizing. wonderful ingredients. This is definitely a sheer MLBB, kind of a dusty rose with a hint of coral. I have been wearing it on top of a NARS pure matte lipstick to combat the drying effect and the colors combine very well. (NARS montego bay for reference).

If I have a coupon to CVS this can end up being very cheap. I did however think that the tube was going to be a lot larger considering how big the cardboard packaging is around it. Oh well, its still a great lipbalm. Not as good as Fresh Sugar.... but pretty great especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been reluctant to buy any of these because the price is a bit high, IMHO, for a tinted lip balm from the drug store. However, I had a few coupons for $1.50 off any BB lip products and decided to try one. Having used tinted balms in the past, I have found that shades that look light are REALLY light so I went with a "medium intensity" shade, hoping it would be a MLBB type of shade. Hibiscus is right on the money! I am uber pale skinned but my lips have a lot of pigment. This shade, for me, is MLBB but a bit on the warmer side. I would call it "coral-rose". It feels incredible on, gives the perfect amount of color and doesn't have anything in it that "scares" me....yeah, I'm getting freaked out over all the articles talking about bad ingredients in lipsticks. LOL It gives great moisture without slipping off immediately. I have found myself reaching for this just about every day and have quite a few people ask me what I'm wearing too. Be aware that this is a tinted balm, not a full on lipstick so no, its not going to stay as long as a lipstick. I will definitely be buying more of these tinted balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by schoolgirl101

Of the many tinted lip balms (Maybelline Baby Lips, Hard Candy, Palladio, Covergirl Lipslicks, etc) I have tried, this one is my favorite tinted lip balm I have tried. Hibiscus is the perfect coral shade for an everyday tint. The scent is sweet and natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

not sure if i would buy this again as there are so many tinted balm choices out there & this isnt as fabulous or as moisturizing as my korres lip butter pots...but i definitely do not regret buying this! its a beautiful coral on my pigmented lips. looks great against my NC42 yellow toned asian skin. sometimes i feel like it makes my lips...drier? but maybe im just paranoid and the weather is doing that. we shall see!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by hiyaluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the BB tinted lip balms, but this color just didn't do it for me. I loved the Pink Blossom, so I decided to venture out for a less "soft" color and tried this. Its OK, but I certainly wouldn't repurchase. The color just looks like your standard natural color lip, just a little intensified, but it certainly wasnt the right intensification (is that even a word?!) I was looking for. I purchased a second Pink Blossom and will just stick to that.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by lovelylemons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Super cool. Cruelty-free, paraben-free, so you can eat as much of it as you like!! Plus it's a nice coraly colour but not too bright, so you can wear it without feeling like OMG EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT MY LIPS, and it is really hydrating too. I'm gonna start collecting the other colours (very gradually, since it's quite expensive for a lip balm).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Kcstings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is perfect for my medium, yellow undertoned skin! MLBB, and truly moisturizes! I usually wear reddish-lip colors, but this lights up my face and makes me look younger. Will definitely repurchase! Red dahlia is also beautiful! Both give the perfect amount if tint, IMHO. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by lilmissann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this shade thinking it would be a medium rosey pink, but it turned out being way too coral. I gave this to my mom who has a darker/warmer skintone than me and it looks great on her. The smell is great and I liked the texture though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by littlehousebigvacation

I have only good things to say about this product. This wears very comfortably on my lips, I would say it's almost an oily texture but it doesn't feel like it's going to slide off. It's not thick and waxy like Chapstick and it moisturizes much better than Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers. Enough said, I would purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by jessicalicia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lip balm at cvs. I forgot how much is it, I think around $7-8. It's really nice, the color is kinda rosy and glossy. It does moisturizes my lips but I have to constantly reapply because it's gone easily. but it's a lipbalm and that's what lipbalms do.