October 31, 2014 | 892 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm - Hibiscus

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hibiscus is a natural pink colour, exact colour of my lips. This colour would just add some pink back to my morning pale, dry lips.

I love it!! My lips get extremely dry in the winter, I use regular lip balm once an hour (Burt's Bees as well) and use this tinted one occasionally in the day (when I'm going out and don't have time for mirror + perfect lipstick).

Unfortunately as others have mentioned, I too am disappointed that the fat packaging does not equate to the actual product! It's the size of a regular lip balm. Still it's a fantastic product.

My favourite colour is Rose... Hibiscus is lighter pink but I prefer Rose for a lipstick-like colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by ecolleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I couldn't believe how highly this is rated here! This product was the first time I'd been disappointed by Burt's Bees.

The product delivered no color at all, and I know it's not a lipstick and the color should be very subtle, but I got no color at ALL. Even more disappointing, however, is that it's also not hydrating! It just sort of sits on my lips feeling sort of greasy, never absorbs, and never makes my lips any softer at all.

In short, I'm VERY glad I got this stuff on clearance or I'd be majorly upset I spent so much on such a disappointment! Back to EOS spheres for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by sewong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product really gets the job done perfectly. It's moisturizing and gives the perfect amount of tinted dusty rose color. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Lilbunney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this to try, I thought it would be a huge fat lip balm (for whatever I love those). When I removed it from the packaging, it was a normal size chap stick. I have used it several times, and am severely under 'wowed' by this product. For the price and the quality, I'll go back to my Clinique Superbalm.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have fallen in love with this product! It is super moisturising and the colour is really pretty and natural. It is perfect for use in the office. I will definitely repurchase, and I plan on getting a few other shades too!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by humbledaisy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It takes me forever to use up a lip balm, and typically I have a few of them lying about. But I didn't have a tinted one, and I thought I could use one for those times when regular lipstick just seems too much, but you need something. The packaging appealed to me in the store, but that turned out to be a disappointment. I didn't realize there was a plastic tube of lip balm inside; I had assumed that the outer container was part of the tube itself. (I am still keeping the tube inside the outer packaging, even though it takes up too much space in my purse -- don't ask me why!) Anyway, the lip balm itself is a pleasure to use. I love the slightly sweet fragrance and the slight touch of color. If anything, I wish it could be either more opaque, or a little bit darker. But overall, I am happy with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I LOVE Burts Bee's products as this is literally the cosmetics company I have had the longest relationship with. (I wore their lipbalms in high school while lifeguarding :) )

Great color and texture. very moisturizing. wonderful ingredients. This is definitely a sheer MLBB, kind of a dusty rose with a hint of coral. I have been wearing it on top of a NARS pure matte lipstick to combat the drying effect and the colors combine very well. (NARS montego bay for reference).

If I have a coupon to CVS this can end up being very cheap. I did however think that the tube was going to be a lot larger considering how big the cardboard packaging is around it. Oh well, its still a great lipbalm. Not as good as Fresh Sugar.... but pretty great especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been reluctant to buy any of these because the price is a bit high, IMHO, for a tinted lip balm from the drug store. However, I had a few coupons for $1.50 off any BB lip products and decided to try one. Having used tinted balms in the past, I have found that shades that look light are REALLY light so I went with a "medium intensity" shade, hoping it would be a MLBB type of shade. Hibiscus is right on the money! I am uber pale skinned but my lips have a lot of pigment. This shade, for me, is MLBB but a bit on the warmer side. I would call it "coral-rose". It feels incredible on, gives the perfect amount of color and doesn't have anything in it that "scares" me....yeah, I'm getting freaked out over all the articles talking about bad ingredients in lipsticks. LOL It gives great moisture without slipping off immediately. I have found myself reaching for this just about every day and have quite a few people ask me what I'm wearing too. Be aware that this is a tinted balm, not a full on lipstick so no, its not going to stay as long as a lipstick. I will definitely be buying more of these tinted balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by schoolgirl101

Of the many tinted lip balms (Maybelline Baby Lips, Hard Candy, Palladio, Covergirl Lipslicks, etc) I have tried, this one is my favorite tinted lip balm I have tried. Hibiscus is the perfect coral shade for an everyday tint. The scent is sweet and natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

not sure if i would buy this again as there are so many tinted balm choices out there & this isnt as fabulous or as moisturizing as my korres lip butter pots...but i definitely do not regret buying this! its a beautiful coral on my pigmented lips. looks great against my NC42 yellow toned asian skin. sometimes i feel like it makes my lips...drier? but maybe im just paranoid and the weather is doing that. we shall see!