August 30, 2014 | 1377 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm - Hibiscus

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Lilbunney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this to try, I thought it would be a huge fat lip balm (for whatever I love those). When I removed it from the packaging, it was a normal size chap stick. I have used it several times, and am severely under 'wowed' by this product. For the price and the quality, I'll go back to my Clinique Superbalm.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have fallen in love with this product! It is super moisturising and the colour is really pretty and natural. It is perfect for use in the office. I will definitely repurchase, and I plan on getting a few other shades too!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by humbledaisy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It takes me forever to use up a lip balm, and typically I have a few of them lying about. But I didn't have a tinted one, and I thought I could use one for those times when regular lipstick just seems too much, but you need something. The packaging appealed to me in the store, but that turned out to be a disappointment. I didn't realize there was a plastic tube of lip balm inside; I had assumed that the outer container was part of the tube itself. (I am still keeping the tube inside the outer packaging, even though it takes up too much space in my purse -- don't ask me why!) Anyway, the lip balm itself is a pleasure to use. I love the slightly sweet fragrance and the slight touch of color. If anything, I wish it could be either more opaque, or a little bit darker. But overall, I am happy with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I LOVE Burts Bee's products as this is literally the cosmetics company I have had the longest relationship with. (I wore their lipbalms in high school while lifeguarding :) )

Great color and texture. very moisturizing. wonderful ingredients. This is definitely a sheer MLBB, kind of a dusty rose with a hint of coral. I have been wearing it on top of a NARS pure matte lipstick to combat the drying effect and the colors combine very well. (NARS montego bay for reference).

If I have a coupon to CVS this can end up being very cheap. I did however think that the tube was going to be a lot larger considering how big the cardboard packaging is around it. Oh well, its still a great lipbalm. Not as good as Fresh Sugar.... but pretty great especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been reluctant to buy any of these because the price is a bit high, IMHO, for a tinted lip balm from the drug store. However, I had a few coupons for $1.50 off any BB lip products and decided to try one. Having used tinted balms in the past, I have found that shades that look light are REALLY light so I went with a "medium intensity" shade, hoping it would be a MLBB type of shade. Hibiscus is right on the money! I am uber pale skinned but my lips have a lot of pigment. This shade, for me, is MLBB but a bit on the warmer side. I would call it "coral-rose". It feels incredible on, gives the perfect amount of color and doesn't have anything in it that "scares" me....yeah, I'm getting freaked out over all the articles talking about bad ingredients in lipsticks. LOL It gives great moisture without slipping off immediately. I have found myself reaching for this just about every day and have quite a few people ask me what I'm wearing too. Be aware that this is a tinted balm, not a full on lipstick so no, its not going to stay as long as a lipstick. I will definitely be buying more of these tinted balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by schoolgirl101

Of the many tinted lip balms (Maybelline Baby Lips, Hard Candy, Palladio, Covergirl Lipslicks, etc) I have tried, this one is my favorite tinted lip balm I have tried. Hibiscus is the perfect coral shade for an everyday tint. The scent is sweet and natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

not sure if i would buy this again as there are so many tinted balm choices out there & this isnt as fabulous or as moisturizing as my korres lip butter pots...but i definitely do not regret buying this! its a beautiful coral on my pigmented lips. looks great against my NC42 yellow toned asian skin. sometimes i feel like it makes my lips...drier? but maybe im just paranoid and the weather is doing that. we shall see!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by hiyaluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the BB tinted lip balms, but this color just didn't do it for me. I loved the Pink Blossom, so I decided to venture out for a less "soft" color and tried this. Its OK, but I certainly wouldn't repurchase. The color just looks like your standard natural color lip, just a little intensified, but it certainly wasnt the right intensification (is that even a word?!) I was looking for. I purchased a second Pink Blossom and will just stick to that.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by lovelylemons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Super cool. Cruelty-free, paraben-free, so you can eat as much of it as you like!! Plus it's a nice coraly colour but not too bright, so you can wear it without feeling like OMG EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT MY LIPS, and it is really hydrating too. I'm gonna start collecting the other colours (very gradually, since it's quite expensive for a lip balm).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Kcstings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is perfect for my medium, yellow undertoned skin! MLBB, and truly moisturizes! I usually wear reddish-lip colors, but this lights up my face and makes me look younger. Will definitely repurchase! Red dahlia is also beautiful! Both give the perfect amount if tint, IMHO. :)