Cover Girl Lipslicks - Edgy

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/7/2009 7:48:00 PM

Super similar to Clinique's black honey, just more sheer. I'm NC 20 for reference and this goes on me a flattering sheer dark purple/mauve. Not too dark at all, but still makes a difference. Perfect for fall with muted smoked out eyes. Great price, good packaging, not so yummy smell though :(

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Very versatile shade. It looks fantastic on darker skintones as well as paler ones. It's great for a more natural or 'clean' makeup look like for spring or summer. It goes on smooth and it's not sticky but it doesn't last as long as I'd like, I have to reapply at least twice a day. Good product but not quite HG material.

on 3/31/2009 10:49:00 PM

I generally like the lipslicks they're nice, moisturising lipstick/balm type things. However, I do not like this color on me, it's too dark and flat. It basically looks dark purple with no shimmer and just a bit of a glossy look. I just think combined with my tan skin tone and my well pigmented lips this shade just doesn't work for me.
The lipslicks in general however i really like, and this shade may work on other girls, probably those of more fair tones who don't mind a really strong lip.

on 3/5/2009 2:44:00 PM

I bought this product a while ago but im on a review withdrawl so i decided to write this. Edgy is a awesome deep plumish color that looks perfect for goth looks. It IS sheer if you apply it, but i layer it on so it makes it a deeper color. the bad thing...the staying power is HORRIBLE!! It seems like i have to keep reapplying this which is a shame because its a gorgeous color. I do not look good with a lot of lip color, but this is perfect because you control how much goes on.

on 8/26/2008 10:00:00 AM

I love this product!

I, like some other reviewers, remember these products from junior high but I had forgotten about them until just a few weeks ago. "Edgy" is a nice shade - looks awfully scary dark in the tube but goes on sheer and glossy, with no glitter or shimmer, which is a nice change. Keeps my lips moisturized like a balm but has a nice berry stain color to it. It actually reminds me a lot of Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, but more sheer and lighter in texture then that product.

I'm not a huge fan of the scent, color or packaging, but it's sort of retro-80s and it works, so for the price I'm not complaining.

Good product, good price, I also like Bronze Goddess, Daring, and Hipster.

on 12/17/2007 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this stuff. as others have stated its a very YLBB barely there there mauvey color and the gloss isnt too OTT greasy looking, just a little shine. And no shimmer YAY! very moisturing and stays on well for a gloss. Love these since I use heavy eye m/u and these balance it out perfectly.

The color in the tube is kinda intimidating, but dont worry, its really sheer.

on 9/1/2007 12:07:00 AM

Great product, texture, and great color. I love YLBB colors that are not too light as my lips are highly pigmented.
I used to wear this Clinique lipstick color called Grape Soda, which was a sheer lipstick with a natural violet tint.
I don't think they make it anymore.
This is the closest to that color that I have found. I love it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love love love this Lipslicks! I use it a lot. It looks great on me, moisturizes my lips, and I don't have to re-apply too often. I'll definitely repurchase this!

on 3/27/2007 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i've decided to stray from Bronze Goddess and give this color a shot. it's a dark purple in the tube, but on my lips, it goes on a dusty mauve shade. it doesn't look purple--it just barely cools and darkens the natural color of my lips. over a red lipstain, it turns into a gorgeous berry wine shade. i don't notice much shine w/ this product, but it does moisturize the heck out of my lips. i DO notice a plasticky scent and taste, but it's not as bad as some of the other balm-tints i've tried (read: Avon's Dew Kiss--YUCK). for the subtle color, the moisture, and the price, i'd purchase this again and am now willing to try other colors in this line.

on 11/10/2005 2:47:00 PM

I didn't buy Lipslicks in Edgy, but in Hipster, so all my DDD's out there, you might like this... Nice smooth feel, but is eaten off in a heartbeat!! Hope this was a good help!

Popular Lip Glosses