Neutrogena Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

2.9

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

on 1/1/2015 11:56:00 PM

First of all, I love the smell. To me, it smells like pears. Also, I have sensitive skin and have been using Clinique's 7 day face scrub. I needed a cheaper alternative, so I turned to Neutrogena mostly because I LOVE their Alcohol-free toner. I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by this cleanser. It leaves my skin clean and soft.

on 12/31/2014 11:31:00 AM

NOPE. Dried my face out in two uses, caused my skin to produce more oil. Also had trouble opening the pump on the bottle. Never again :(

on 9/28/2014 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Firstly I would like to say that the picture for this product is wrong. The current photo shows another product, the fresh cleanser and makeup remover, this is a different product I am reviewing, and it comes in a tube. When they were out of the fresh cleanser & makeup remover, I decided to try this product. It was a big mistake, well, luckily not THAT big a mistake. I didn't experience any breakouts but I did notice that my face was red and irritated after every wash I did with this. Luckily I was able to return it and just drive to a different location to get my regular cleanser. I would not recommend this, as it is marketed as natural yet still has something in it that burns the top layer of skin on contact producing redness.

on 9/9/2014 9:58:00 PM

Unlike others, I didn't find this product dry or irritating, though in summer my skin tends to be slightly oily. It leaves my skin in a completely balanced state. I probably wouldn't need moisturizer, but it always use it.

My problem with this is the awful taste I can not escape. Despite how well I rinse, it always makes whatever I eat next taste like nail polish. I can't believe no one else has commented on this. Wether it's wine or pizza there's a cloying chemical taste on the back of my tongue. So awful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Cleaned well, smelled great, but did nothing else.

The first time I used it I loved it! The scent made me feel refreshed and woke me up in the morning. After using it for some time, it really dried out my skin and as I have sensitive skin it also irritated it. I discontinued use and the irritation stopped. I think this product would work on people with oily skin and not sensitive skin. I would not buy again.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This does what I expect a cleanser to do: clean my face without drying it out or breaking me out. It leaves the face a little bright which is nice but it's not anything permanent. I don't think this will help with acne much although it does contain a small amount of salicylic acid.

There are probably a million cleansers out there equivalent to what this does to be honest but I like it for its price and ability to make me feel fresh.

If you are looking for some kind of miracle cleanser, this is not it. It simply performs its job without doing anything exceptional.

on 8/14/2014 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I like this cleanser. It washes my face without it feeling dry or irritated. Since using this product, my acne has cleared up a lot and looks healthier (but keep in mind that I've also changed my diet and started wearing less makeup during this period). I also like that it has less harsh ingredients and chemicals compared to the average drugstore cleanser, and doesn't test on animals.

on 8/10/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

No no no, this product is all wrong did nothing for my face but break it out. I like the smell though.

on 8/5/2014 12:22:00 PM

I've been using this for two years and I'm not really sure why. It hasn't helped my acne at all and is SUPER drying. Also, like half the time the packing is defunct and the pump doesn't work at all. I have to open it up and scoop it out with pump. Lame. I'm done with this product.