April 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Treatments - Olay - Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Shorthairdontcareee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to buy immediately because I love the regular regenerist.

I had a few trouble spots I wanted to get rid of.

The is indeed an elixir, it is not thick or creamy in the moisturizing sense. I usually steer towards those textures because I have very dry winter skin. I never got dry flakes or dry ish skin. I really love this product and will be rebuying again as soon as I can afford :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by gimchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for 1 months+ and actually i love and hate this product. i read so many good reviews and hope to like it too. It has a small pump, see through tinted color bottle, and glittery liquid. The first time i applied it on my skin, it felt tingling, sticky and itchy. But that is what AHA do to skin. So i keep using it alternately every 2 days on my face and neck. It actually made my skin very soft and bright. But the downside, it enlarged my pore larger and oilier in the morning after waking up. After 2 weeks of using it, it broke me out with some tiny pimples. It such a waste if it go to trash bin... so i only apply it on my neck instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by meighan1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ok ill be really honest im 37yrs old and no one who doesn't already know that (ex: good friends and family) NEVER can guess my age nor do they believe im that old because I take very good care of my skin (honest to God most ppl think im about 28 & even got carded a few weeks ago.) I've been wearing sunscreen long before it was so "popular" @ 17 & I do have oily skin so im sure that's helped. I don't even have crows feet yet. Now ill be honest because I only have one bad and noticeable wrinkle and this stuff really helps. I know this this because on the few nights im too lazy or tired to do anything more for my skin than wash it I really will see thst damn wrinkle but when using this (I also use a few other products at night like Macs skin brightening primer/serum and retinol a few nights a week) but even tho I don't necessarily notice great results o also notice im not gaining any new wrinkles. I use on my face, neck, & yes even around my eyes and its never stung them once. Also like this because it really doesn't have much of a scent. Since I get horrific migraines thst is a God send because many products I can't use as the smell makes me sick. highly recommended and will purchase again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly can't remember if mine is labelled elixir or essence but whatever, it's brilliant stuff.
I have had really bad cystic acne for over a decade and constantly have a decent number of scars and pigmentation patches. My acne is now under control but I still don't love the "patchiness" of my skin. This has made a visible difference to both the texture of my skin and the scarring in less than a week.
I AM AMAZED. (rainbow disco lights beaming down on glitter unicorns and playfighting kittens)
This has a kind of watery serum texture, it smooths on quite wetly but absorbs in a couple of minutes. I use at night and don't have to use an additional night cream so it moisturizes very well. Also, it has really fine gold shimmer in it, which seems a bit unnecessary for bedtime (but whatever, I'm fabulous anyway) but I have noticed that Olay tends to do this with various creams and potions (anti ageing eye cream, micro-sculpting cream) and I'm not entirely sure why. Some sort on subtle illuminating effect, I guess, but I can't really see anything obvious unless I look in the mirror from like an inch away but YMMV.
Handy pump bottle, easy to dispense product, need to figure out if it has a locking mechanism so I can travel with it...
I have used this for 5 nights in a row so far and the improvements have been visible. Scars and pigmentation patches are faded noticeably, no dry, scaly patches (like I get with some other resurfacing treatments), no redness or irritation, no waste, no multiple steps or products, it's quick, easy to use and gets results. Glycolic acid, FTW!
I have just ordered a backup.
ADORE.
EDIT: Have been using this several times a week for nearly 2 months (2 pumps per application) and I'm about halfway through the first bottle. Still completely and utterly fabulous. My skin looks better that it EVER has before (and I'm nearly 35) so I am really delighted with this product and highly recommend it. The pump mechanism does swivel into a lock position but it doesn't have a cap to go over it. If I ever need to travel with it, I'll decant into a smaller container.
LOVE LOVE LOVE!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by LolaMathilde

Hi ladies! This is my first product review on makeupalley because it has not been until recently my skin has been breaking out horribly so I never really had the need to be on the search for products like this. It used to be the occasional spot somewhere in my tzone but recently numerous began to sprout on my cheeks of recent. Those that are gone have left scarring and those that are fresh are the same in nature which is ominous.. I believe this is the result of wearing make up to bed too often after big nights out. Anyway! I found the reviews on this stuff and got it for $50AUD at Woolworths. While this is pretty steep, it was well worth it. I have been using this product for four days and my existing pimples have shrunken almost to the point of disappearance, my open pores have tightened, scars have visibly reduced in redness, and my skin is radiant and glowing! I cleanse my face with a foaming cleanser beforehand and then apply about one pump's worth straight to my clean skin. I personally give tiny extra dabs to my spots and scarring. I use an exfoliating cleanser in the morning to be rid of the dead skin cells it left in its wake an voila! Follow up with toner and a moisturiser (spf15+) to avoid drying out (and having your fresh layer of skin seared by the sun). I have given the elixir four lippies because I haven't been using it long enough to judge the result of its compound effect. Nonetheless, a godsend for this newly fresh-faced girl! I really wish I could attach the before and after shot of the night before I used it and the first morning after. Astounding. Really. Xx

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by maiiiyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This "moisturiser" that I feel is more of a serum/treatment claims more hydrated and smoother skin in 1 night and resurfaced skin after 7 nights. I don't know if this worked for me in 1 night or a week (I couldn't tell), however, in saying that, after over a month of continuous use, my skin is noticeably smoother! It is directed as "designed to be used alone", I am not sure why this is, but I followed that instruction and it seemed to do me well. Tiny bumps on my forehead has disappeared, and texture of my skin is much better. Packaging is great cos one pump is enough for the entire face, goes on sticky but smooths out dry. Possibly too drying as a lone moisturiser for most but my combination skin was able to take it. It contains 8-10% Glycolic Acid and so I must be diligent on high SPF during the day to avoid any dreaded sun spots/pigmentation. I will update after I finish the bottle :).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by luckyasianbabydoll

I like this product more than most of Olay's stuff.

I felt a difference the first time I used it.

You can get this for about $10, so don't spend more on that unless you need it ASAP.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this product almost two weeks ago. It cost $35 in Canada and was praying to all high hell that it would work and it has! I use it every night before bed along with my skin routine. This is the last thing I use before going to bed. It feels great on my skin and has a lovely silky feeling to it. I haven't had any burning issues, redness or dryness.

When I wake up in the morning it comes off easily when I wash my face and leave no residue behind. While the pricing is a bit steep for the size of the bottle as it is small, nonetheless it has done wonders for my face, neck and decolletage. My pores are smaller, my skin is brighter and that dull nasty look I was sporting is gone. My skin looks of that of 32 year old again.

I normally use one pump for my whole face and neck. I am hoping like someone said earlier that it will last like 10 months because I don't want to pay $35 bucks each month for it. Nonetheless if your face can handle AHA at 8-10% then I say try it. However if you are not sure, then I would recommend (as it is noted on just about every product) do a small spot check before applying it all over your face.

Moreover this treatment is only for the NIGHT time and you NEED sunscreen every morning if you are going to be using this. SP 20 or higher is recommend unless you want your skin to burn and become irritated in the sun.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by ladushka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product turned out to be too harsh for my sensitive redness-prone skin. It execerbates redness and may cause allergic reaction. I applied it before going to bed and woke up with my skin irritated, slightly red and a bit itching. In the course of the day the redness and itching gradually subsided and my skin was back to normal but honestly I think it is not worth the risk...I will use the rest of the bottle on my hands.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by karenvira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne and PIH scars that i am waiting to fade, i bought this product because i was hoping it would help my PIH scars and help the skin turn over more quickly. The active ingredient is glycolic acid, which after much internet searching i found out it contained about 8-10% which is the norm for non prescription products, higher amounts are used in derm offices for chemical peels. Anyways, instead of using this products just once a day, i begain using it 2x a day to hopefully encourage more skin turnover since i cant afford to go get chemical peels done professionally. Using it twice a day has helped my skin slightly, the spots are lightening, and my skin is more glowing, however its still not enough since my skin is more damaged than the norm. Because of this, I purchased a higher concentration of glycolic acid for "at home peels" (about 30% which i will also slightly dilute) to use bimonthly, and in between those treatments i use this olay night elixir, and both together have helped clear up my skin and my uneven skin tone so much. Its not a miracle worker, but i think if you have only slightly uneven skin, or dull skin and just want it to glow it will be perfect. I will repurchase the product, even tho its not the best, its a pretty good quality