August 21, 2014 | 1756 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

This is a fragrance-free AHA serum, and for whatever reason, Olay chose to include mica so it looks slightly shimmery in the bottle however this is not very noticeable when applied to skin, if anything, it looks like a slight sheen. I like that it comes in a pump bottle so it is sanitary and easy to dispense the amount you need.

I use this a few times per week, and it provides all the benefits typical of an AHA : smoother skin, helps with any marks, blemishes or hyperpigmentation, can reduce clogged pores, and help with dryness or flaky skin. It's a thin serum and isn't very hydrating, so I would only recommend this to combination, normal or oily skin. Drier skins will probably do better with a cream or more emollient-based AHA such as Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream. It comes in a 1.7 oz pump bottle which usually lasts me about 7-8 months so it's a good value and is often on sale. I had no issues with irritation, dryness, peeling or any negative effects.

While I like this serum and it works well for my skin, I will not repurchase because Olay tests on animals, and I don't want to keep buying cosmetics from companies that do. AHA products are widely available from many companies that don't test on animals (for example Alpha Hydrox, PC's).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was just awful. It went on sticky and left my face feeling so tight. I had to put another moisturizer over it since it felt so tight. It also made me break out and that never happens. I am returning this immediately. Just a terrible product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Two words: Inexpensive Miracle. This past winter has been so dry mixed with a combination of celiac induced eczema had caused a huge flair up on my cheeks. After the rash finally broke, I was left with a plaque type build up that collected and would NOT come off easily. I couldn't wear makeup since it would collect in the scales, and as much as it would flake, it would not flake OFF, despite my gentle exfoliation efforts.

After using some Avene products for a week to treat my eczema and I knew that any treatment would not sting or further irritate me, I set out on the hunt for a gentle, stable glycolic acid. Thanks to Paula Begoun, she recommended this product as one of the best on the market and the most affordable. She was right. Within 4 days, I noticed a HUGE improvement on my cheeks. The plaque was coming off at night with a gentle washcloth scrub, AND it seemed moisturizing enough. By day 6, my skin was so clear looking that I didn't even need foundation anymore, just a touch of concealer here and there. I used this almost every night and it never once bothered me.

The pump is great, there is not much stickiness to the product, low smell and the price was around $30 Canadian (I got it on sale for $25). Paula advises to keep it in a dark cupboard as the bottle is not dark enough for the solution, so that's what I do.

I would TOTALLY repurchase.

(BTW, the Avene I use for my skin issues is the Xeracalm Balm. Its amazing in itself)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by JosieMndza

I tried this product because it was on sale for 7 dollars! And omg I am so glad I did. I suffer from acne and acne scarring. I really don't mind the scarring because that's easily fixed with makeup and the majority of the time they fade pretty fast on their own. My biggest issue with my skin is milia. I HATE when my face is so clear but those damn white bumps are all over my face. When I do my foundation it doesn't look as smooth as I want so I decided to try this out. It's been a week and when I wash my face in the morning the milia is just rolling off my skin. This is seriously heaven sent in a bottle. Plus it makes my skin look really soft and even. It also fades my acne scars really well. It's lightweight not sticky, no fragrance. It's great! When I run out I'll have no issue paying full price knowing that this product does work.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by aaliyah12

Great serum. Sinks into skin so quickly, non-greasy and wake up to skin that looks much brighter. I have sensitive skin and this has not created any problems. I noticed mild peeling on my nose which I suppose proved that the exfoiliating effect was working. Bought this on offer at half the price. I am not sure if I would pay full price when I run out as it is quite expensive. I will wait for it to come on offer again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

i initially used this to help combat mini pill triggered cystic acne (thanks progesterone!) it served its purpose for my needs then. having gone off the pill entirely 2 weeks ago, i gave this a whirl all over my face twice a week, at night, on freshly cleansed skin. (tip for those new to such products: do not exfoliate manually before application as it is a chemical exfoliant.) 3 years taking the mini pill ravaged my face. it aged me 10 years, gave me zits, huge pores, i could go on. i thought nothing could help - that time was the only way my skin would return to normal. after 2 weeks of 2x use, my skin is transformed. pores are dramatically reduced, no remnants of cystic acne or any scarring/redness. my porcelain complexion has returned, even, toned, gorgeous. the area around my eyes looks and feels firmer. its as if a fairy godmother came down and fixed my face. i wish i had taken before & after photos because it almost seems unbelievable that such an affordable product can create results like this in such a short time. i had concerns as my skin is very sensitive and reactive. thankfully this has not irritated mine in the slightest, though i do realise others may not have the same results tolerance wise. i have recommended this to several friends and all have reported back to me with enthusiasm, including two grown men.

this is a staple in my evening beauty routine now. the skin tingling took a minute to get used to but the sensation fades quickly. do be sure to use a sunscreen during the day when using this product, as it makes skin more susceptible to sun damage. will definitely purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I found a large sample (15 mL) bottle of this at Rite Aid for $10, and I love it. It feels good to apply, and it leaves my skin quite smooth in the morning. I found it gentle enough, even in the wintertime, to use near my mouth and eyes (not as eye cream, but just on the crows-feet area).

The packaging is wonderful. It's an opaque plastic container with a pump that uses every bit up. I ended up repurchasing another small bottle rather than the full-size just because I know I get fickle about using up products, and this way at least what I use will be fresh.

Mostly what I like is that this is a one-step product. It's a treatment that doesn't need to be layered with moisturizer, although you could do that if you wanted. I'm always suspicious of serum + moisturizer regimens because I worry that I'll smear the serum all over the place when I'm applying the moisturizer. Makes more sense to apply one step, to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Shorthairdontcareee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to buy immediately because I love the regular regenerist.

I had a few trouble spots I wanted to get rid of.

The is indeed an elixir, it is not thick or creamy in the moisturizing sense. I usually steer towards those textures because I have very dry winter skin. I never got dry flakes or dry ish skin. I really love this product and will be rebuying again as soon as I can afford :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by gimchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for 1 months+ and actually i love and hate this product. i read so many good reviews and hope to like it too. It has a small pump, see through tinted color bottle, and glittery liquid. The first time i applied it on my skin, it felt tingling, sticky and itchy. But that is what AHA do to skin. So i keep using it alternately every 2 days on my face and neck. It actually made my skin very soft and bright. But the downside, it enlarged my pore larger and oilier in the morning after waking up. After 2 weeks of using it, it broke me out with some tiny pimples. It such a waste if it go to trash bin... so i only apply it on my neck instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by meighan1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ok ill be really honest im 37yrs old and no one who doesn't already know that (ex: good friends and family) NEVER can guess my age nor do they believe im that old because I take very good care of my skin (honest to God most ppl think im about 28 & even got carded a few weeks ago.) I've been wearing sunscreen long before it was so "popular" @ 17 & I do have oily skin so im sure that's helped. I don't even have crows feet yet. Now ill be honest because I only have one bad and noticeable wrinkle and this stuff really helps. I know this this because on the few nights im too lazy or tired to do anything more for my skin than wash it I really will see thst damn wrinkle but when using this (I also use a few other products at night like Macs skin brightening primer/serum and retinol a few nights a week) but even tho I don't necessarily notice great results o also notice im not gaining any new wrinkles. I use on my face, neck, & yes even around my eyes and its never stung them once. Also like this because it really doesn't have much of a scent. Since I get horrific migraines thst is a God send because many products I can't use as the smell makes me sick. highly recommended and will purchase again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No