April 18, 2014 | 1693 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - I Dream of Greenie

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first super bright eye shadow(s) I've purchased in quite a while. Having *very* fair skin (slightly lighter than MAC NC15), with dark hair and dark eyes, as well as being 30y/o now, not all super bright colors work well for me :(
The first time I tried this I was a little disappointed - I usually like how green eye shadows look on me but I felt all three of these shades used together (on me) were a bit *too* bright overall and kind of washed me out :( So this trio sat for several weeks until I recently saw on a beauty blog some eyeshadow tips for my eye shape, and they were done in bright green. So I whipped this out again but applied a brown cream base first (Maybelline Bad To The Bronze ColorTattoo) and I'm absolutely in love with the look I get with this trio + a darker base! I doesn't *have* to be the Bad To The Bronze color tattoo - Now that I've gotten the hang of it I use it with many other "base colors" -some cream and some powder. (In my experience thus far though, these shades seem to work better with cream bases).
I've also found a way that I like using the trio without a darker base - just using the two bottom shades (the one's labeled "lid" and "crease"), and adding a kohl eyeliner and smudging it to heck and back ;) It creates a kind of messy look and makes them not so insanely bright and scary on me.
I've also experienced very minimal fall out with these three shades. If you apply with a dry applicator or brush, I'd reccomend tapping it first to get any loose e/s off before taking it up to your eye. It's very minimal fallout, but there is a little. No where near as much as I've experienced from other WnW eye shadows though. You can also apply these wet and get zero fallout as well as a more intense look :)
At my local CVS store this trio was $2.99 which is really a steal for how pigmented these shades are. &Most US drugstores (CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens) offer BOGO sales from time to time on WnW products as well, making them even *less* expensive!
The I Dream Of Greenie trio consists of 3 different shades of green. The "browbone"/top shade is the lightest and definately my least favorite. It's rather sheer and not extremely flattering when used as a browbone shade on me :(
The middle "crease" shade is my fave of the three. It's the darkest of the three, but by NO means what I'd call a "dark green" - just the darkest of this paticular trio. But it is the shade that I really *pack* on ontop of my darker base shades.
The bottom is the "lid" shade and also a nice, flattering shade of green. It's a little lighter than the "crease" shade and a little more bold as well.
Overall, since these shades are so intense and bright, it's not a trio that I personally can pull off on a daily basis so I imagine it will last me a *very* long time. Even if it didn't, considering the price and how flattering it is when I do use these, I'd definately repurchase and reccomend for anyone looking to create a brighter eye look :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by DemiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not agree whatsoever with a 4.3 overall rating for this product. The shadows are super pigmented but these are so loosely packed that the eyeshadows CRACK APART & end up everywhere. I depotted them to put in my z palette & they CRUMBLED. I have depotted other trios and have not run into this problem. Such a shame because these shadows are beautiful. I suggest keeping them in the original packaging if you're thinking of purchasing this trio.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by silviachick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently went on a WnW kick and started buying/swapping for them. This was one I bought. I was actually quite hesitant to buy it because it has string greens. After sitting in my mu box for a few weeks I finally decided to use it. I'm so greatful I did. The eyelid shade is BEAUTIFUL. It can be layered on the lid for a lighter shade or built up for a brighter lime-y color. The crease shade is really quite pigmented and one shouldn't apply much pressure when picking up the shadow with a brush. It compliments the eyelid color really well and gives it the right touch of darkness for the crease, but still giving it a bright look. The browbone shade is sort of minty and really shimmery. I applied this with a light brush as I was really unsure how this would look. Again, however, it was just right and it completed the trio nicely.
One user said the colors shouldn't be used together, but i disagree. I think they all go well and can be used together to create a fun look without looking too crazy(again this is my opinion). But if you wanted to add to it, that is obviously easy to do.
But again, I like this trio and glad I did take the chance. I see myself using the eyelid color more than the others. WnW should make a single of this color.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by derivedhope

I bought this palette for the bright green, and I am definitely not disappointed. Its super pigmented, soft, easy to work with, and definitely lasts a good while when you use a primer. Clearly you should NOT follow the directions and use these 3 colors together.. I can't imagine that working out for anyone. I use colors from the Vanity palette to tone these down, and you can create about a million looks with just those two palettes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

I've been looking for a great, bright, neon-ish lime green for a while now. The only shade of green I ever liked came in a set of Physician's Formulas shadows, of all things, and I dropped it and broke it. D: I looked for almost a year for a new one, as the PF palette apparently wasn't being made anymore or at least I couldn't find it...and nobody made a green I liked. None of the brands at Sephora or Ulta had one. Sure there were bright greens, but they were more like astroturf green or something.

I saw this in the drugstore one day and remembered people raving about WnW shadows, but just assumed that the hype was from people talking out their butt. But it was cheap, the lime green was the exact colour I had been looking for, so I gave it a shot and OH EM GEE.

I would buy this over and over just for the lime colour (the "eyelid" colour). The light colour is nice, I'm not sure about the middle one (the payoff is fine, I just haven't found a look that can use the shade best). The colours are so plush, so vivid, and long lasting. They never crease and never end up all over my cheeks. As for people who say this flies everywhere in a green powder, I wouldn't know. I apply my shadows wet, just a matter of application preference.

I feel cheated and lied to by prestige brands, no joke. I cannot believe you can get shadows THIS AMAZING for so insanely cheap. I'd feel I had my money's worth if I had spent $35 on this palette, straight up. Though for $35 I'd hope for slightly better packaging (the plastic on this is cheap and scary-breakable).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wet n' Wild's Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio in I Dream of Greenie obviously contains 3 green shadows. Wet n' Wild is known for their epic eyeshadows, so I had high expectations for this palette when I bought it. Wet n' Wild products are not tested on animals and are made in China. I purchased this trio at Ulta for a super affordable $2.99
Packaging for Wet n' Wild trios is kinda fail. A flimsy black palette with an equally flimsy, clear flip up lid. A sponge tip applicator and mini brush are included, but they're pretty poor quality, so I tossed them out. On the back of the palette Wet n' Wild gives you a small diagram showing you where to place the shadows, which are labeled to "take the guesswork out of creating the perfect eye look". Peeling the back label up will reveal a slightly more detailed diagram, and the ingredient list.
I Dream of Greenie gives a nice selection of greens. The top, brow bone shade is a minty shade with a soft texture, so soft that you get a lot of residual powder after use. This shade was slightly damaged when I purchased, but it was no big deal really.
The crease shade is a a leafy, cool green with a frost finish. This shade is buttery smooth with incredibly dense pigmentation. This shade gives a tad of fallout, but it's nothing to whine about
The eyelid shade is truly unique, especially from such an affordable brand. A super bright green with a yellowed edge. The shade has a matte base with a bit of golden sparkle to it. We all know mattes aren't Wet n' Wild's strong point, and this shade is no different. It's not bad, just a little sheer, and needs to packed on to help it read it's full potential.Once built up it's intensely bright, my kind of color.
I think Wet n' Wild created an excellent trio here. The colors work well together, but are also unique from each other. This is the kind of shade variance I was trying to tell Wet n' Wild about in my Pride Palette review. The texture of of all three shades is immaculate, specifically the the crease shade. It's the softest (good) eyeshadow I've ever owned. Pigmentation is equally win, except for the eyelid shade, which is still good, just a little sheer.
Wear time is good, but not excellent. There's no creasing when worn over a primer, for upwards of eight hours. However, after hour 6 or so, there's a moderate amount of fading. The colors lose their vibrancy, but they're still apparent.
I Dream of Greenie is a dream to work with. All three shadows are well pigmented and have great texture. These colors aren't for the faint of heart though. They're quite bright. I can handle it though. I have what it takes. In fact these greens are quite complimentary to my brown eyes. Carly over at The Science of Chic also recently reviewed this product and said that it reminded her of me. I hope I'm half as bright, easy to work with, and good quality as this trio. I likely won't repurchase I Dream of Greenie, because I can't see myself working all the way through it, but if I do, I'll pick it back up. It's certainly got me interested in more Wet n' Wild Color Icon trios.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

I love this for the lime shade. Its what MACs Bitter should be. Consistency is soooo much better with this shade! Makes me regret buying Bitter.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

These are so so so pigmented and definitely give you a POP!

The least pigmented is the eyelid shade, but it is still really nice. My only complaint with this palette is that they greens would definitely be usable on their own paired with other shadows, but the tones of the green don't seem to mesh well together. I suppose you could use all 3 for a very vibrant smoky green look, but you would have to blend your butt off, and I'm still not sure that they would really be an optimal color choice for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by rororoboat

I don't know why I put off buying this for so long. Colors are quite vibrant. The texture is buttery, and they blend like a dream. And for three dollars, sooooo worth it. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Application tip: go easy on the crease color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a trio of highly pigmented greens, each very different in tone from the other.
I need a cool frosty green in my makeup kit, and that is the color recommended for "browbone" in this trio of greens. It is quite frosty & silvery and buffs to a high shine. I am most likely to use this on my eyelid.
The middle color, recommended for "crease", is a true green, a nice leafy green, a bit on the bright side. Again highly pigmented and with a good bit of cool shimmer.
The third color, recommended for "eyelid", is a surprisingly matte yellow-green with a good bit of gold shimmer. I have a fair number of shimmery yellow-greens in my makeup collection - one going back to the mid-1960s, even. This color just does not cut it. The base is matte, and the color is more than a tad dull, so that it looks a bit sickly, even for a yellow-green. The gold shimmer doesn't show up on my lid as much as it does in the pan. I'd seen it on the web in various reviews and it looked better in those photos than it does on me.
I love strange colors and strange color combinations. But the combo of frosted pale cool green on the brow, intense true green in the crease, and matte dull yellow-green on the lid does not work particularly well, in my opinion. However, each of the colors delivers great color payoff, and i think combined in pairs, or individually with other colors not in this trio, they will look much better than used as trio in the suggested locations.
I considered returning this, but hey, it was on sale and only cost $1.20, so i'll keep it.
EDIT: I've been experimenting with this shadow trio, and i find that these shadows irritate my eyes painfully, which is rare these days - so i knocked my rating down a notch.