August 20, 2014 | 1040 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Smart Essentials Pore Purifying Facial Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by tapioca07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to purchase this product because my skin wasn't at it's best. It looked dull, tired and I thought it needed a boost.
Pros:
- It smells very nice, however, it may be a bit strong to others. I personally like the scent.
- My skin looked brighter, softer and more supple
- It does not leave any residue and it leaves your skin feeling smooth (some cleansers may make your skin feel tight and squeaky clean but not this one!)
- It removes my make-up effectively even without using make-up remover
- I felt like it was nourishing my skin whenever it lathers up on my face since it claims that it contains antioxidants
Cons:
- Expensive
If I ever get the chance I would definitely repurchase this and perhaps even try out other products from this line!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by ChristyLuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if it's just my body but after using this, I literally have no more acne!! I used to use salicylic acid acne face washes and they suck! After switching to normal face cleansers, my face has improved to 1 to no pimples! The salicylic acid probably irritated my skin so much, I broke out. It also cleans my makeup right off! It smells nice imo. It's definitely my HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by makeupfinder21

I've been using this for a few days now, and I like it so far.
I wanted to replace my Spectro Jel which I wanted as a gentle cleanser while on topical gel for acne. Well, now that my face is acne free, I wanted to get a cleanser that might help my large pores and blackheads on my nose, along with the blotchiness on my face.. so I decided on this.
Usually, before going shopping for makeup, face products, or hair products, I use this website to see what's worth my money, or what's not.
However, I didn't visit MUA before my shopping trip a few days ago.
Overall, this cleanser is ok.. not the worst. Maybe one of the best I've used? I evens my skin out after washing, and makes my face soft. But, I find my face to be somewhat red after I use this. Tonight, I tried washing my face with cold water instead of warm and my face wasn't as red.
I didn't notice any breakouts from this, I find it helped my breakouts clear faster than normally. My face doesn't feel tight at all, but looks shiny. Maybe too shiny, but oh well.
The scent was overbearing at first, but now, I don't notice it as much. However, if Aveeno took the scent out, I'm sure I wouldn't be left with a red face after washing, as my face has been without fragrance for about a few months now.
I would buy this again, as it does its job. Thinking of trying Dove Beauty Bar after this maybe. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by thelastkiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this product, but it is breaking me out. I have little red bumps on my chin and lip, and my face NEVER breaks out. I'm really frustrated because this was kind of expensive, but it sucks. Will definitely not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this product in Allure's beauty box this last spring and have been using it for the last few weeks. This is definitely not strong enough to remove even a trace of makeup, I found that out right away. I placed it in the shower to use for a quick, light cleanse in the morning instead of a deep evening cleanse. Instead of being gentle, it actually causes a lot of redness and tightness on my normal skin.

It hasn't broken me out so it doesn't rank the worst at a '1' but it does absolutely nothing positive for me. I really hate to waste product so the next stop for this cleanser is on my body poof and when it's gone, I won't miss it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 4:07:00 AM More reviews by makiyazh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

I've been using this product for about a week now. It's actually not bad. The scent is a bit strong, and smells more like shampoo than a face wash, but it's not unpleasant. It definitely gets every stitch of makeup off of my face, and I have not had any breakouts since I started using it (either from the cleanser or in general). The only drawback is that it is a bit drying for my skin, especially around my eyes. I noticed that I really need a moisturizer afterwards (daytime I always follow up with a moisturizer, but at nighttime I usually go without, not so with this product). Overall, it's a good face wash. I like it because there isn't any salicylic acid in it. It's been difficult to find anything without at least 2% salicylic acid!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Tia22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great Product! I have oily, acne prone skin & wanted to banish the use of salicylic acid. Shockingly this product has worked great, I use it twice per day & follow with an oil free moisturizer. The only set backs with this product for me is the fragrance is a tad bit strong for a face wash & also it can be a little drying if not followed by a moisturizer. For now this is my fav, I have used this for a while now & just purchased my third bottle. As always with any good skin regime, trial and error is necessary to find what works for you. My suggestion is to purchase it at Ulta, that way if you don't like it you can return it. Good Luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by ksabha01

I like this cleanser so far. I've been using it for about two weeks now, and I must say I absolutely LOVE the scent. If you don't like overly scented products, stay away from this cleanser, but I don't mind them at all and I think it smells delicious. I have extremely sensitive combination skin that breaks out in tiny bumps from almost everything I put on it, but haven't had an issue with this cleanser. It gets all my makeup off in one go and leaves my face feeling clean and soft. I appreciate that this product doesn't contain any acne-fighting ingredients in it, as I try to keep my skin away from them so I don't develop a tolerance to it. That said, I haven't had a single blemish since I started using this cleanser, and I would probably buy it again, but it isn't my HG. I also bought the Nighttime Moisture Infusion from the same line, and am excited to try that as well!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 4:04:00 AM More reviews by htrrr0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This cleanser is perhaps the most gentle cleanser I have ever used. It is similar to Cetaphil, but this has a better fragrance and is non-drying unlike the Cetaphil(Normal/oily skin) that I have previously used. It keeps its promise on purifying the pores. However, it does not perform specially on anything else. My skin feels clean afterwards. I am uncertain on it removing makeup, it seems way too gentle for that. It does not break me out and my skin is sensitive to all types of cleansers and reacts right away. I did not have any unpleasant reactions with this cleanser. I would recommend this as an everyday cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by LexaD

I'll start out with the good: I love the smell, the way it lathers up, the softness of my skin after using it, and the super-cute packaging! Unfortunately, I believe this is the culprit of some breakouts I have been experiencing as of late. I'm actually really surprised at the breakouts, because Aveeno has natural products! I think I was sucked in by the pretty bottle and the fact that other Aveeno products have worked for me. It sucks cause it was about $7, and for only 6 fluid oz I think it's a bit pricey! I've been using it for about a week and a half, so there's still SO much left in the bottle. I don't want to waste it, but I can't use it. D: Maybe I'll have my little sister try it, because she doesn't have very acne-prone skin (SO jealous!). I guess I'll go back to using Purpose for now and continue looking for my HG cleanser...