August 1, 2014 | 1770 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection - Blue Had Me At Hello (737)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am absolutely in love with these palettes from Wet n Wild. I love the wide range of colors, the pigmentation, the texture, the fact that they all last a long time - etc. I mean, for short of 5$ you really can't complain. I won this one, Purple Petal (i think that's what it's called) , and Comfort Zone. These colors - pigmentation and texture are very similar to my higher end eye shadows. I think this is my favorite of the 3 different Color Collections, the colors go on like butter and they are extremely versatile. I love that they last all day without a primer, but if you use a paint pot underneath (I use Painterly) then they are even more vibrant and gorgeous. My favorite of the palette is definitely the super bright teal color and the silver - they are so gorgeous and pigmented. I love to use Maybelline's Tenacious Teal underneath the bright teal shadow - it has to be the most gorgeous combo I've ever seen. Please do yourself a favor and buy this palette! Even if you won't use the brighter eyeshadows, there are multiple uses for them. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by tooextreme4you

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm quite impressed with these eyeshadows. I wear the white, silver and teal colors the most - sometimes alone, sometimes together. The rest of the colors in the palette I could take or leave. The teal kind of reminds me of Shattered from Urban Decay, but it's a lot more green.

As many have said, the packaging is flimsy and I've lost huge chunks of the two bottom black shadows already from mishandling of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The silver in this is probably my favourite. If you apply it wet, it's like chrome eyeshadow! The teal is super fun, and looks really nice with the lime from the I Dream of Greenie palette. My least favourite is the dark, dark blue crease colour. It doesn't look dark navy, but it isn't dark enough to look black. It's a meh. The colour payoff for all of the shadows is wonderful, of course. There is literally no reason to ever buy any other brand of eyeshadow as long as Wet n Wild keeps up with this level of quality (other than lack of a certain colour, obviously). I give this palette a 4 only because I only use three of the colours on a regular basis (white, silver, and teal).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by VanillaUnicornPolish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The colors in this palette are so pigmented and beautiful! :) They stay on all day do not crease. The only con with this is if you drop the palette on the floor one of the eyeshadows will crumble it has happened twice one time with this one and the other with the Wet'N ' Wild trio! I've lost two eyeshadows the packaging sucks! But overall great colors and pigmentation definitely recommend! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by KarlieSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this pallette. The black is amazing I think it is the truest blackest black eyeshawdow I have ever come across. I love the teal green in this pallette as well. Even with the bold colors a soft look can be made with these eye shadoes. The color pay off is fantastic and I can wear them with or without a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Emilyp92

My fav item from Wet n Wild. Pigmentation is amazing! More for dramatic looks. Only $4.99 not bad for 8 colors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wet n Wild's Blue Had Me at Hello is an eight pan eyeshadow palette that, as you probably guessed from the really cheesy name, features mostly blue eyeshadows. Wet n Wild says that these "eight dynamic, perfectly color coordinated shades have high pigment and pearl for ultra impact color. Shades can be used together or individually to create an endless variety of looks". Wet n Wild also claims that the shadows will give "all day, crease resistant wear". This brand offers three permanent eight pan palettes. I've previously reviewed Comfort Zone, which is one of my all time favorite palettes. These Color Icon palettes are known for their fantastic quality and are generally considered to be the best eyeshadows on the drugstore level. This eight pan palette contains 8.5g (.3oz) of product. With each shadow weighing in at slightly more than a gram of product, you're getting a pretty sweet deal for $4.99. I bought my palette at Rite Aid, but Wet n Wild can be found at most major retailers and and drugstores. Wet n Wild is a cruelty free brand. This eyeshadow palette was made in China.
Wet n Wild has famously cheap packaging. These palettes are made of a black pan with a clear plastic flip up lid. This packaging is not sturdy and will crack easily if not stored with care. Actually, the same is true for the shadows, I haven't had that problem with the Blue Had Me at Hello palette yet, but once you work your way about 1/4 the way through a Wet n Wild eyeshadow, they start to get kinda crumbly, so handle with care. Each rectangular shadow is glued in to the pan and has the suggested placement of the shade carved into it. The back label features product information, a full ingredient list, and a diagram showing the suggested placements for theses shadows. Of course you don't have to follow the directions if you don't want, they're merely a suggestion. This palette included a double ended applicator; a sponge tip on one end, an angled brush on the other. These are pretty useless, so I'm just gonna toss them. Packaging is pretty poor, but that's what keeps Wet n Wild's prices so low.
Blue Had Me at Hello is an extremely cool toned palette, made up almost entirely of blue or blue tinged shadows. I've had my eye on this palette for about a year, mainly just for the right eyelid shade. I find it kinda interesting that Wet n Wild put out a palette with this kind of color scheme. A lot of people are afraid of blue eyeshadow, so making Blue Had Me at Hello was a kinda dicey move for Wet n Wild. Kudos to them for having the balls to make this palette. I'm going to give a brief description of each shadow's shade, texture, application, etc. individually and then sum it up as a whole. I'll be referring to the shadows in the left column, which is the more subdued side, as "1", and the shades on the right will be "2". Here we go:

Browbone 1: A common shade. A frosty white. This is probably the least pigmented in the palette, but it's meant to be that way considering it's meant for highlighting the brow. Actually on further inspection this left brow bone shade has a very soft, barely noticable blue duochrome. The texture of this shadow is a little chunky in the pan but applies smoothly.

Eyelid 1: This shadow has a very smooth texture, probably the smoothest in Blue Had Me at Hello. This shade is a silver blue with a metallic finish. Though this is a really good quality eyeshadow, I tend to avoid using it because I find it really unflattering. That's a personal preference thing though.

Crease 1: Is a very dark, blackened navy eyshadow. This crease shade has a matte base with bright blue glitters in it. Though it looks like a total glitter bomb in the pan, the shimmer barely shows up and is actually quite sparse. I love to use this shade as an eyeliner. When used as a liner this shade is practically blue, but when blended out it can be a very pretty deep navy. This shadow has a slightly drier texture than the rest because of it's matte base.

Definer 1: Is Wet n Wild's famous matte black. This is my first encounter with this fabled eyeshadow, I've heard tons of raves about it. This black is not quite as fantastic as NYX's black, but it comes pretty color. this black shadow is very dark and pigmented with a velvety texture. This is the only matte in the palette, though it's not 100% matte. There is a negligible amount of glitter, potentially from the other shades. Like the crease shade, this is a great liner, and is fantastic for adding some depth.

Browbone 2: I don't know if I'd use this shade on my brow bone but I love this light blue for blending out navy shades in the crease. This is a pretty, frosty sky blue with a soft grey tint to it. Its a little bit similar to eyelid 1, but less grey. I have a personal attachment to this shade, it's the same color as my precious stuffed Bunny.

Eyelid 2: The reason I bough this palette, one of the most beautiful eyeshadows ever, in my humble opinion. This super pigmented, buttery smooth shade is a green tinged metallic turquoise that's absolutely breathtaking. This color reminds me of a mermaid or something. I would buy Blue Had Me At Hello again just for this shade. It's the stand out shade in the palette, and definitely the most unique color.

Crease 2: Is a reflective navy with a brighter blue duo chrome. Unfortunately the duo chrome doesn't show up as well when used on the lid, which is pretty disappoint. This isn't a bad eyeshadow though, it's well pigmented and has a good texture, a little stiffer than some, but not dry like the matte based shades.

Definer 2: The last of the eight shades. I don't think this shade was necessary. Another black, a matte base with silver glitter. Just like Crease 1, this shadow looks like it's packed with glitter, but it barely transfers onto the skin in a swatch and doesn't show up at all when used on the eye. This black is a little bit softer and warmer than it's matte counterpart, but really it's not signifi

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These shadows are so intense and rich, they really stand out from the pack. I have Dior eyeshadows that aren't this pigmented. I just bought a couple of Cover Girl eyeshadow quads which are so pretty in the pan but they just don't show up unless I put on primer first. I don't even need primer with these WnW shadows. One of the blacks in this collection has silver micro glitter, but that doesn't show up on me for some reason. Also, I'm not a fan of this new flimsy case. I remember the 8-pan palettes from a few years ago that were thicker and had a slide-out mirror. Wish they had done that here. But overall, you can't go wrong with this, and I got it on sale this week at CVS, BOGOF. Wish they had more than three collections!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by iBain300

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm usually not too fond of such bold colors but after seeing a few tutorials I decided to get it. The colors are beautiful & are very pigmented for such a low price. My only gripe is the packaging is so flimsy & frail. Wet n' wild needs to make the plastic cover more durable because it breaks after a couple uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by lize8263

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy crap are these pigmented! I went to go try on the light shimmering blue, I was shocked! lol usually I have to put on 3 layers of regular eyeshadow to get the result I got from lightly putting one layer of this! Awesome for dramatic night time look!