April 20, 2014 | 1632 users online

Toners - Rohto Hadalabo Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Moisture Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Shryh1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a very cost-effective alternative to the Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 gel and the SKII Facial Treatment Essence, and on my acne-prone oily skin, it works just as well. The only annoying thing about this lotion is that it doesn't sink in very quickly as you're meant to lightly tap or drum it into your face with your fingers. Not a dealbreaker for me as I've been trying to incorporate Japanese facial massage techniques into my daily skincare routine.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ch4n

lippies are for :
- no fragrance
- no alcohol
- no colorant
- it does what it says: hydrating
- absorbs quickly
- for the price, each bottle goes forever, each application only takes 4 drops and i got all my face & neck covered.

i have combination skin, so i pick the light version of the lotion[the one with green stripes instead of blue] and so far i have nothing to complain. it hydrates my skin without giving me nasty bumps/white heads/black heads.
i love the colorless-odorless part, makes me feel like i dont put anything on my face; and the hydrating effect is pretty much the same like I experience with H2O+ face oasis without all the extra cost.i didn't put any more cream on top of it for it already did what i needed it to do.

why i didn't give 5 lippies:
- the texture is incredibly runny; water-like. so it's kinda messy to put on my face.
- i have to order it online

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by enigmaID

It's rare that a product does what it says it can do- and this toner does it.

Except for the whole one drop locks in the ocean or nonsense similar to that. Although I think it was just the advertising jingle stuck in my mind. Luckily, most of the writing on the bottle is in Japanese, which I can't read, so it's technically not lying to me on that point.

This is a slightly sticky, viscous clear liquid which you pat on (3-5 drops does the trick for me) for 20 -30 seconds or until dry- I'm lazy so I do it for 10 seconds then wait for it to dry on its own. Then you put on whatever moisturiser you need (unless you have oily skin, in which case no need) and then your skin will feel much smoother and hydrated, especially with regular use.

This is cheap ($13-15 on Sasa), with no additional colours, alcohol or fragrance so is a good choice for those with sensitive or skin prone to break outs, and it works. So until they stop making it, I'll keep buying this- it's a great product to add to your skin care routine and is worth the extra 30 seconds or so to have smooth, hydrated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

I am on my third or fourth bottle. And that is not because I go through it fast, because one bottle seems to last forever. Like the first reviewer posted, although it is a serum and people use it as a moisturizer, it is more of a toner, which you are supposed to pat on. If you check the video of it, there is a funny how-to from the company showing a girl literally slapping it on. Back to the product. I was starting to get the dreaded 11's between by brows. I used this and there was a noticeable change, but when I saw a review of this saying it was a toner, I started to follow it with a moisturizer and what a difference it makes. It does take away the wrinkly factor and I use it on my forehead. The only con is if I skip a few days, it starts to show, and I do look a bit haggard. At this price point however it is not a big consideration for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by cmannequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I would buy this over and over again. I have combination skin, and in the winter my forehead and cheeks get pretty dry and flake a bit. After using this this winter, i havent had ANY dry patches. My skins texture and smoothness have gotten sooooo much better. I use this right after I get out of the shower (only at night) and I use around 2-3 drops for my entire face and neck. Love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by helethea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Im using Hadalabo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion

After cleansing, i apply SKII and dab this on. And thats it, all the moisture I've gotten surpases other expensive European/American creams Ive used before.

Another even greater result is soaking Albion Essential Skin Conditioner with cotton pads and putting them on my face like a facial mask. I merely leave it for as long as I like. A night time procedure since it takes more time. After that, just dab on the Hadalabo lotion.

The result: Face is so moisturised and calm, gleaming with a bright radiance glow from within. Absolutely love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by rougebird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this. And I did. Visually my skin became smoother (especially around eyes). But this was all gone once I stopped using this lotion. The reason for that is I've developed milia. I'm prone to those and using a special (sans alcohol) toner and it's been of great help. But they those nasty white bumps came back once I started using Hadalabo. And in some nasty areas: under eye and forehead! Made a pause, visited a dermatologist. Gotten rid of milia. Started using Habalabo once more - and here they are again! I don't know, maybe it's just a coincidence. But I'm not using it anymore.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by tartlettes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! My skin is super oily, sensitive and acne-prone, and this lotion works great on my skin. I purchased the light version, it hydrates my skin without greasiness and the most important thing is that my skin didn't break out. I've tried SK II, DDF, Lancome, Fresh, Shiseido, La Mer, etc. and none of them worked. I'm glad I found this lotion.
I know a lot of people complain that they can only buy Hadalabo online. But for those who live in the Bay Area, Nijiya Market in San Francisco, and Marukai in Cupertino sell Hadalabo. So you don't need to buy this online.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Ldv15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I simply love Japanese skincare! they are usually affordable and even the drug store brands are way superior than the ones in North America and best of all, it suits my Asian skin!

I have both the regular Hyaluronic Lotion and the Deep Whitening Lotion by Rohto. I prefer the Deep Whitening lotion as it hydrates and evens my skin tone. The texture after it dries is heavenly! It is mattifying and makes me skin very soft.

The big bottle is about $20CAD a pop which is very affordable and can be easy found on eBay.

Right now, I use them interchangeably and love them both. It hydrates very well and its thicker than a regular toner but thinner than a gel lotion so I empty some on my palm and pat them into my face so that I won't waste any toner/lotion.

Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by maashi

A ha, my first Japanese lotion/toner. This is not your typical Western toner that acts as a final cleansing step, more of a moisture booster in my opinion. Since I primarily use a light moisturizer for day and whitening creams at night, this takes care of the hydration department that I don't have in my normal creams. It is goopy, not like a water at all, but absorbs surprisingly quickly (a minute at most for me), and does not cause reactions. And a small 2cm diameter blob is plenty. I use the regular formula for my combo slightly dry skin, but I know there is a light version as well. I think applied heavily under a hot towel or Japanese compressed paper mask this would work well as a 5min hydration mask too. Highly recommended for a moisture booster. Buy at Sasa, Adambeauty, eBay, or any other Asian etailers, I think Sasa is cheapest though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No