October 1, 2014 | 954 users online

Conditioner - DermOrganic - Masque Intensive Hair

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Kolran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried the shampoo, conditioner, and masque. I have very dry, thick, frizzy, wavy hair. The conditioner was not moisturizing enough by itself so I switched to the masque. I actually really liked the way these products worked with my hair. They left it soft and manageable and really helped with the frizz but within about a week of use I started breaking out all along my hairline and my scalp started to itch horribly. I actually scratched my scalp to the point I was getting specks of blood under my nails. Even after I stopped using this two weeks ago the bumps and itchiness are not healing well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Way underwhelmed as well. Average and Very expensive product. I have long highlighted hair which seemed to suddenly take a turn for the worse when I started using this product and the shampoo from this line. I just don't feel the quality is there at this price point. Just because a product has many claims such as organic, natural & blah,blah doesnt mean that it actually works for all. Would not repurchase or recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by JCS772

M'eh. Add me to the list of the underwhelmed here. I have thick, color-treated below-the-shoulder length hair that's a 2B on the curl scale and needs some moisture. I found a liter bottle of this at T.J. Maxx and quickly scanned MakeUp Alley reviews to see if it was worth a try. Folks here seem to love it, but after a few weeks, I'm not seeing or feeling anything special from this. It's not a bad product, but I don't feel like it's really hydrating my hair. My go-to HG heavy conditioner is still Bumble & Bumble's Super Rich (despite my lukewarm feeling with the rest of that overpriced line). Like a few others have noted here, this has a chemical smell reminiscent of restroom soap, which also doesn't light me up. If I felt like it was a great product, however, I wouldn't care. Packaging is fine. I'm halfway into the bottle and the pump still works, which is more than I can say for some brands. Overall: Mediocre product with a mass-produced scent. Nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

I keep this conditioner in my rotation of hair products. It softens my hair, leaves it tangle free, shiny and full of body. I love the smell. It reminds of Breck shampoo from the 70's. It is pricey, but I usually find it at TJ Maxx for $20 for a liter with a pump.

Obviously by the reviews, it's not for everyone but it works great on my highlighted hair.

My hair & scalp health have improved in the 12 months I have been using this & the matching shampoo.

I definitely think this is worth a try no matter your hair type. It's also great if your skin is sensitive.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by yvetteb130

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to see what all the Hype was about this product DermOrganic Masque Intensive Hair was all about. Well I ran out and bought the shampoo and the masque, they both smell like restroom soap that you wash your hands with. Do you want that smell in your hair? I think not. Very disappointed with this, I won't be buying this product ever again. It's nothing to talk about.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

YES. This is the BEST conditioner I've ever used, period. It doesn't have silicones, parabens, or other crap you really shouldn't be putting in your hair or near your body, and it's so moisturizing. I love that it comes in a pump, and in different sizes. I just got my 2nd one, the giant sized and I use it every time I was my hair. LOVE this stuff. I don't LOVE the smell but I think the fragrance is an afterthought.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by north76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

repairs & smells great, the hair is like new

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by leaptian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this in the 1 liter bottle for a good price and decided to try it because of all of the great reviews. I never bother to write reviews but felt I needed to for this conditioner.
I just turned 46 and age and hormones are really making my hair look icky. I have fine hair that I do not color because of only a few random grays. I have been looking for something that would give me back my soft, shiny flowy hair but have had no luck. Well this is not it! I used it for 1 minute, and I know for sure because I was using my clairsonic to time. I read another reviewer left it on too long and had oily hair. Well my hair looked like DULL STRAW! I waited after I blew it dry to make sure it was completely dry to see if it looked better but it did not. This product may work well for some but if you have aging hair that is not as soft as it used to be this is not the product for you. If you decide to try I would get a sample or make sure that you can return it if you do not like it. Good luck and I will still be out for my quest to find a conditioner that makes my hair soft!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My scalp is dry and sensitive and my hair is short, curly, and color-treated. I wash my hair twice a week and let it air dry. I use Giovanni Remarkably Red Shampoo and mix a small amount of the Masque in with the matching conditioner as my hair needs more moisture than the Giovanni Conditioner supplies. I leave the mixture on my hair for 2 minutes, per Giovanni instructions.
DermOrganic Masque is vegan, does not test on animals, contains no artificial preservatives, is sulfate- and gluten-free, doesn't contain sodium chloride, salt, MEA, DEA or dyes, and is free of parabens, propylene, and glycol. Unfortunately, it contains a lot of fragrance, which seems to irritate my scalp and cause itching if I use it by itself. Just mixing in a pea-sized amount with my other conditioner seems to be O.K. for my scalp. If they just eliminated the fragrance this would be a perfect conditioner for those whose hair requires a deeper conditioning.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by beccaflynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this made my hair super lovely and soft! its so gentle (i use it with the shampoo as well which is incredible) i would 100% recommend, only thing i dont like is that the shampoo smells like crab tree and evelyn soap which i H.A.T.E but the masque isnt quite as obnoxious smelling. bit expenisive in england, i paid £27 for the liter bottle of masque and £23.50 for the liter bottle of shampoo, but i would totally say its worth it and i think it'll last a while :)