July 25, 2014 | 1784 users online

Conditioner - DermOrganic - Masque Intensive Hair

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Way underwhelmed as well. Average and Very expensive product. I have long highlighted hair which seemed to suddenly take a turn for the worse when I started using this product and the shampoo from this line. I just don't feel the quality is there at this price point. Just because a product has many claims such as organic, natural & blah,blah doesnt mean that it actually works for all. Would not repurchase or recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by JCS772

M'eh. Add me to the list of the underwhelmed here. I have thick, color-treated below-the-shoulder length hair that's a 2B on the curl scale and needs some moisture. I found a liter bottle of this at T.J. Maxx and quickly scanned MakeUp Alley reviews to see if it was worth a try. Folks here seem to love it, but after a few weeks, I'm not seeing or feeling anything special from this. It's not a bad product, but I don't feel like it's really hydrating my hair. My go-to HG heavy conditioner is still Bumble & Bumble's Super Rich (despite my lukewarm feeling with the rest of that overpriced line). Like a few others have noted here, this has a chemical smell reminiscent of restroom soap, which also doesn't light me up. If I felt like it was a great product, however, I wouldn't care. Packaging is fine. I'm halfway into the bottle and the pump still works, which is more than I can say for some brands. Overall: Mediocre product with a mass-produced scent. Nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

I keep this conditioner in my rotation of hair products. It softens my hair, leaves it tangle free, shiny and full of body. I love the smell. It reminds of Breck shampoo from the 70's. It is pricey, but I usually find it at TJ Maxx for $20 for a liter with a pump.

Obviously by the reviews, it's not for everyone but it works great on my highlighted hair.

My hair & scalp health have improved in the 12 months I have been using this & the matching shampoo.

I definitely think this is worth a try no matter your hair type. It's also great if your skin is sensitive.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by yvetteb130

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to see what all the Hype was about this product DermOrganic Masque Intensive Hair was all about. Well I ran out and bought the shampoo and the masque, they both smell like restroom soap that you wash your hands with. Do you want that smell in your hair? I think not. Very disappointed with this, I won't be buying this product ever again. It's nothing to talk about.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

YES. This is the BEST conditioner I've ever used, period. It doesn't have silicones, parabens, or other crap you really shouldn't be putting in your hair or near your body, and it's so moisturizing. I love that it comes in a pump, and in different sizes. I just got my 2nd one, the giant sized and I use it every time I was my hair. LOVE this stuff. I don't LOVE the smell but I think the fragrance is an afterthought.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by north76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

repairs & smells great, the hair is like new

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by leaptian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this in the 1 liter bottle for a good price and decided to try it because of all of the great reviews. I never bother to write reviews but felt I needed to for this conditioner.
I just turned 46 and age and hormones are really making my hair look icky. I have fine hair that I do not color because of only a few random grays. I have been looking for something that would give me back my soft, shiny flowy hair but have had no luck. Well this is not it! I used it for 1 minute, and I know for sure because I was using my clairsonic to time. I read another reviewer left it on too long and had oily hair. Well my hair looked like DULL STRAW! I waited after I blew it dry to make sure it was completely dry to see if it looked better but it did not. This product may work well for some but if you have aging hair that is not as soft as it used to be this is not the product for you. If you decide to try I would get a sample or make sure that you can return it if you do not like it. Good luck and I will still be out for my quest to find a conditioner that makes my hair soft!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My scalp is dry and sensitive and my hair is short, curly, and color-treated. I wash my hair twice a week and let it air dry. I use Giovanni Remarkably Red Shampoo and mix a small amount of the Masque in with the matching conditioner as my hair needs more moisture than the Giovanni Conditioner supplies. I leave the mixture on my hair for 2 minutes, per Giovanni instructions.
DermOrganic Masque is vegan, does not test on animals, contains no artificial preservatives, is sulfate- and gluten-free, doesn't contain sodium chloride, salt, MEA, DEA or dyes, and is free of parabens, propylene, and glycol. Unfortunately, it contains a lot of fragrance, which seems to irritate my scalp and cause itching if I use it by itself. Just mixing in a pea-sized amount with my other conditioner seems to be O.K. for my scalp. If they just eliminated the fragrance this would be a perfect conditioner for those whose hair requires a deeper conditioning.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by beccaflynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this made my hair super lovely and soft! its so gentle (i use it with the shampoo as well which is incredible) i would 100% recommend, only thing i dont like is that the shampoo smells like crab tree and evelyn soap which i H.A.T.E but the masque isnt quite as obnoxious smelling. bit expenisive in england, i paid £27 for the liter bottle of masque and £23.50 for the liter bottle of shampoo, but i would totally say its worth it and i think it'll last a while :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've run the gamut in hair products for my bleached blonde, processed hair. I used to keep it short because I had to. When you process your hair every month and want to keep it healthier, you must condition it regularly. Processing gives you split ends, that's a given. I was resigned to short haircuts. Six months after using the line of DermOrganics shampoo and the Masque, I now have a chin-length bob with layers growing in. That's how good this product has been for my hair. For the first time in years, I've been able to grow my hair and it's shiny, soft, manageable and I actually get compliments on how good it looks.
I went with the Masque instead of the conditioner, actually trying the conditioner first. I found the Masque to be more beneficial for my uses and what I do to my hair.
I have fine but thick processed hair. You can imagine over the years what damage the processing can to your hair. I do trim the ends constantly and maintain it. But one still needs to keep it nourished. Enter DermOrganics. The Masque is a thick, creamy conditioner that I put on after using their shampoo and leave on in the shower for about 5-10 minutes after combing it through my hair. It rinses out very easily and leaves my locks squeaky clean with absolutely no residue. When I blow-dry, I have absolutely no frizz, no dryness, nothing but shine, bounce and healthy looking hair. I am totally amazed by what this brand can do for my hair. I never would have imagined that I could grow my hair to a longer length, but here I am, writing this review after 6 months of using their products, with longer hair for the first time in years. That's a testimony to this product. I don't have to wash my hair every day, because it doesn't get greasy on a daily basis, and over-washing would dry it out. On the second day, I wet in down, comb the Masque through it again while I'm in the shower, and rinse it out. I'll do my blow-dryer and my hair looks the same shiny, bouncy way again. Just as if I've just washed it. I'm extremely happy with this stuff.
I purchased the mega-large bottle with the pump. I can get it at TJMaxx for a penny under 20 bucks, which I consider a bargain. At the rate I use it, it should last a good year, which is pretty cheap for a product that has worked miracles on a daily basis.
I like that it's all vegan, cruelty-free and free of sulfates too. Funny thing, my hairdresser commented on how healthy my hair was looking. She asked what I was using. When I told her, she dropped the subject. I don't think they carry this in salons, so she couldn't really talk about it. It's become my daily use conditioner now, I've stopped looking for anything else because I've found what works, and my hair is happy. This may not sound like much to someone else, but I can now blow-dry my hair upside down (I haven't down that in years) and I've actually bought a larger round brush to blow-dry it with. Now that's exciting to me! That's the improvement this Masque has done for my hair.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No