July 22, 2014 | 2527 users online

Fragrances - Sephora - Hello Kitty EDP

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This perfume is a rather juvenile scent that reminds me of Ralph Lauren Ralph.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by voodoochick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Ahhh my guilty pleasure...anything HK. It's a sickness and any HK fan out there knows this for real.

Got this as a surprise gift from the bf a few days ago from Sephora and it is very very similar to Viva La Juicy. It is an eau de toilette so not much staying power to it but I like it. It's a good switch up for the day to day fragrances.

Packaging is fan friggen tastick =^.^=

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by pololuvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i'm a hello kitty whore so when i saw the promo pics for this i knew i was going to buy it whether i liked the scent or not. I was really happy when it turned out that it actually smelled good. It's very sweet and fruity and girly. my only qualm is that it does NOT last at all. but at least i can reuse the bottle once i finish it so to me it was worth it. if this were a scent in a normal bottle i doubt i would've ever purchased it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by lasteluv

I don't hate this but I don't especially like it either. Reminds me of Burberry Brit. It does last pretty long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I was surprised with this by my mother, who gave it to me as a gift. I saw this on the Sephora site before and paid no attention to it because I assumed it was some sweet candy scent, which is not what I like. I dabbed some on (mine does not come with an atomizer. Not sure how she ended up getting the head-shaped bottle with no atomizer....) and it is quite decent. It actually reminds me very much of the DC Cacharel Amor Amor, only sweeter and less spicy. I don't think this will be my favorite fragrance, but it would be a good replacement for Amor Amor after I use it all. Not sure if I would have bought this myself, but it is a nice present.
EDIT: I just wanted to clarify that mine is the .25 oz and my mom got it as a Beauty Insider gift with 100 points.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by pinklabel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a cute girly perfume but it's nothing special. Has a light sweet scent. It's too immature for my taste but it's not bad, pretty standard but not worth the money. It should cost $10 at most, however the bottle is super cute.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SMELLS GREAT....but..a bit VSECRET TYPE SCENT AND NOT worth the buy...kinda bland and lasts 20 mins. VS SCENTS LASTS LONGER THAN THIS..! ill stick with vs mists!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by AbsoluteScentualist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As an unabashed lover of HK, I was really excited when I got a BI preview email from Sephora showcasing the new Hello Kitty collection. While I don't know if I'd wear most of the cosmetics simply because they aren't shades I can pull off too easily, I have to confess that they--along with the nail polishes/art and accessories--are completely adorable and the packaging is, as is to be expected for anything HK, totally cute and covet-worthy.

When the opportunity to score a generous mini bottle of the perfume came up as a BI perk, I had to order one. Though point perks can be hit or miss, this perfume and packaging is absolutely perfect. From the little glass HK head bottle with the metallic pink top to the light, playful and positively uplifting perfume inside it, I was so glad I took the opportunity to "sample" it. Even the box for my mini is somehow minimalist yet with a hint of HK flair with the holographic writing on a white background.

The fragrance starts out with light yet succulent fruity notes that are dominated by tart cassis. Woven within this is the soft sweetness of the apple with the contrast of the mandarin orange to add a juicy aspect that's as crisp and refreshing as fruit salad on a steamy afternoon. A few moments later, the delicate floral notes really begin to bloom amidst the fruit. The magnolia seems to be the strongest on my skin, while the freesia lends more sweetness and the orange blossom adds a bit of powdery/almost soapiness (I mean this in the best way possible as this can often just be an aspect of orange blossom in fragrances), while the base notes of musk, tonka and vanilla are there from the beginning, intensifying throughout the drydown though never gaining an obtrusive or overwhelming quality even when they take center stage later on my skin. The vanilla is strongest, with the musk and tonka there to smooth it out into a soft, sweet and dreamy finish. Like a summer fling, the lasting power isn't the best, but that suits me well enough since I'd probably only wear it in the spring and summer anyway.

The overall impression is bright, sweet and playful, and reminds me of many of the lighter variations on fragrances sometimes made for the Asian market i.e. Vera Wang Flower Princess, the newer interpretation from Lancome for their Tropiques fragrance, some of Kenzo's creations and others. I own all the previously mentioned perfumes and the Hello Kitty eau de parfum fits nicely among these. It is more "day time" and lighter than Tristan Brando's Momoberry line, which I also enjoy and which was created to appeal more to adult HK fans. This was also only my second HK perfume experience, though I know there have been many from Demeter, Momoberry and Bath and Body Works just to name a few. Sephora's interpretation is one I'd definitely buy again though it is a little on the steep side for the lasting power, and would be perfectly lovely as a gift for a young girl, or a fun fragrance to add to the collection of HK fans or those who are young at heart.

Hello Kitty eau de parfum notes as per Sephora: Cassis Sorbet, Italian Mandarin, Apple, Magnolia Blossom, Freesia, Orange Flower, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Musk.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No