Moroccanoil Light

4.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butyphenyl Methlpropional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Extract, Parfum (fragrance), D&C Yellow-11, D&C Redd-17, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl lonone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff! It is expensive so I feel a little guilty buying it but the bottle does last a long time. I use one pump everyday on the ends of my hair which is very long. My hair is usually soft and straight but split ends are a problem and this product seems to smooth them out a little. It also smells amazing, main reason why I like it so much.

on 3/22/2013 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I just used this today and wow my hair has never felt softer!
I have bleached hair and this stuff makes my dry brittle ends super soft!
Only con is the price but in the end its worth it since you only need a tiny bit each time. The scent is very pleasant as well.
Oh and it doesn't weigh down my fine hair like other oils which is a plus!

on 3/9/2013 11:41:00 AM

I love this oil! I am obsessed with the smell of argan/moroccan oil and have used this on my hair for about a year now. I originally purchased the Light version after a stylist recommended it to me, since at the time I was blonde and my hair is extremely fine. I love the way this moisturizes my ends while making my hair shiny and healthy, not oily, greasy. It is hard to find products that don't completely flatten my hair. I have naturally wavy hair, but this works great before I straighten it (or on lazy days I dab some of this on and spray on some Bumble beach waves and let it air dry). I do find the claim that it cuts hair drying time true. My hair retains so much water when I wash it that it does take forever to dry. This does help speed up the process. The pump is great (except for when traveling its a mess and I use separate container) and you get tons of product. I'm not even half way through the bottle and I use it almost every day.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

After years of using the original Moroccan Oil, this light version was definitely a let down. I thought I would try it out after reading all of the rave reviews on MUA......... definitely didn't meet expectations. Everyone said how this really added moisture without weighing down hair and while it definitely did not weigh down my hair which is great, it added very little moisture. I feel like for how expensive this is, I could have probably gotten better value at the drugstore. I do have very, very, very thick hair that is dry from colouring so maybe thats why this didn't help much. I expect this product would be better for people who have thinner hair that does not have much damage, otherwise go with the original.

on 2/11/2013 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh thank the Lord that they created a less staining version of this product for blondes! Love this product - tames frizz, makes my hair so shinny and smells fantastic.

I must disclose I notmally don't wash my hair everyday and if I use this in my hair, I must shampoo the next day, Even with dry shampoo, my hair looks way too greasy and my hair isn't even fine! Still, this is a wonderful product for wearing your hair curly and straightening.

on 12/30/2012 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using the Light version of Moroccan oil for about 6 months now. I read a lot of stuff online about how using it would ultimately make your hair look naturally duller, but I haven't noticed that when I haven't used it, to be honest. I have fine waist-length hair that tangles very easily - I find giant dreadlocks in the back of my hair after washing it only a few hours previously. This product works great on damp or dry hair. I usually do two pumps in my hand, run it through my hair, and then brush my hair out. Leaves my hair looking smooth, shiny, extra long, and tangle free!

on 12/2/2012 11:38:00 PM

I can never be bothered with hair treatments, but my hair has been bleached quite a bit over the past few years and my hairdresser recommended this to me. At first I was a bit reluctant because my hair is naturally quite oily, so I didn't want something that would make it even worse. I was also a bit concerned because of the price. But I've been using it for over a year now and I LOVE it. I just put a small amount in my hair when it's still damp, and my hair is so much healthier now. I will definitely keep using this!

on 11/15/2012 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I work at a beauty salon that sells nearly every high end hair product on the market. We gets tons of samples and I buy quite a lot due to my 50% discount, so I have been lucky to try many different kinds of hair serums.

Some of these include Redken Argan-6, Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops and Skinny Serum, Biolage Smooththerapie Camellia Serum, L'Anza Healing Oil, One 'N Only Argan Serum, It's a Ten Keratin Oil, among others.

I have long blonde hair so I chose the Light treatment. I put it in my hair when it is wet and let it air dry. I am left with beautiful, frizzless, silky, shiny hair.

on 11/10/2012 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I LOVE this stuff! The girl at the reception desk at the salon where I buy most of my products (I haven't gotten any actual services done there yet, because they're so expensive, but I think I'll start because I'm really happy with their service, and the salon looks awesome!) talked me into getting this instead of the regular Moroccan oil that I was holding. I have naturally dark blonde hair with highlights, and it's dense, but fine. She has similar hair texture wise, and said she loves it even more than the original. I've been through 2 bottles of the original, so I was a little skeptical of switching, but oh my goodness I am so happy I listened!! This is the bomb! It makes my hair so incredibly soft and shiny, detangles even better than the original on wet hair, and can be used more freely on dry hair without ever worrying about it getting greasy. Also, my hair is wavy, but that wave can easilly get pulled out. A lot of serums pull out the waves and make them just look weird. Part of the reason I love the original Moroccan oil is because it does not pull out my waves, but the light version takes it to another level, they seem extra big and bouncy, like they were made with a curling iron. Anyway, bottom line is that I love this product, it makes my hair so healthy, soft, and shiny.

on 9/25/2012 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was in shop the other day looking for magic products for my super dry frizzy hair. The lady recommend this and i am glad i have it now.
I moved to UK 5 months ago and this was disaster for my hair. Hard water and weather make my hair look worst than ever. There was no matter what i use my hair will look just awful after wash until i start this. Really make huge difference for my hair. After wash i will let my hair air dry about 50% and then apply this from ears down. After my hair is dry is much softer and i notice there is not much frizz. Also my ends look much better now and when i use this my hair always looks good the 2nd day as well.
You must be careful to not apply to much. I have thin-fine ( shoulder length ) hair and i only use peanut size for myself.
The don't think this is $$ at all as you use so little each time and the bottle last long long time.
The only thing i really hate is the packaging. Is heavy glass bottle and if i am going to travel the bottle is always leaking.

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products