September 19, 2014 | 1232 users online

Concealers - L.A. Girl - Pro conceal HD concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Danielle2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like these concealers so bad but I was very disappointed. The price point is AMAZING. 1.99 for a concealer sounds like a winner for anybody. Now the shades are horrible honestly you might have to buy more than one to find the perfect shade. I purchased Toffee and Cool Tan. I am like NC45-NC50 and no shade matched, they were all too yellow. The consistency was another thing I hated. Sure it was creamy when I put it on but once I blended it in it came across very cakey and dry and it was so obvious I had a concealer on. I will continue sticking with my HG concealer Tarte Amazonian Clay.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these concealers they are awesome for pictures , they have great full coverage and is NATURAL looking . i capitalized the word natural because these concealers sink into the skin causing it to give a natural highlight effect that stands out but not much and looks natural , although i love these concealers i wouldn't recommend using these concealers for the " kim kardashian highlighting effect " the reason why is these concealers are meant to give a natural looking highlight so for all my ladies that love a nice bright highlight under the eyes you may want to use a different brand on top of this that's a little lighter . because these concealers don't always cutt it when i want a nice bright highlight under my eye , i usually use these concealers on my more natural looking days or when i want to take pictures but sometimes if im going out il put my mac studio fix finish concealer in a lighter shade over the LA PRO GIRL concealer to give it a little more life .

( recommendations )
i am a NC40-NC35 , SO for all my NC40-NC35 Girls i recommend you to get the shade "Pure beige" its a yellowish undertone shade ( its great if you don't want too much of a highlight its not that bright and it gives a natural awaken look under the eyes ) , if you are a NC42 or a NC44 "Pure beige" will also look nice and natural on you too (might stand out a little more on a NC44 but in a good natural way ) , or you can also try (Medium beige ) . if you are darker then a NC40 like a NC42, NC43 , NC44 OR even NC45 and want a NATURAL shade to highlight with " medium beige " is a good shade as well its a tiny bit darker then pure beige and it has more of neutral undertone though .
( these are just my recommendations for a natural highlight you can use shades lighter if you like ) like Creamy beige it is a yellowish undertone concealer it is Real bright i Also own this shade but just don't use it much . i wouldn't go any lighter then a creamy beige if you are in the NC40s or NC30s in mac .

i also recommend the shade " fawn " ( its one of the rave shades ) it makes a great bronzer for around your forehead area ( for my NC40-NC35 LADIES , its not too dark which gives a natural bronze look . " fawn" is also great for deeper skin tone women to highlight with ( If you are darker then a NC45 ) its a PURE yellow / golden based concealer . i also use & recommend the shade " beautiful bronze " i contour around my nose area and stuff with this shade ( you can choose a darker shade to contour with if you want as long as you blend it out properly ) beautiful bronze is a Deep/dark bronze shade its not too dark tho this is also a Golden DEEP undertone with some cool undertones mixed in it .
i own 6 shades , Pure beige , medium beige , fawn , creamy beige , beautiful bronze , and cool tan . i don't use cool tan as much but it would be a great one to have if you are a tanned caramel complexion , and creamy beige is cool i dont use it too much tho which i should try it out lol its been sitting in my makeup bin for over 5 months now it is a nice real bright yellowish shade . The shades i will DEF be repurchasing is Pure beige , fawn , and beautiful bronze

( more information )
And one more thing these concealers are really creamy and if you get a light coverage with this concealer it's because you used a little bit but if you use the proper amount these can have awesome coverage . For all the ladies saying " it doesn't give a natural look " or " it gives a greyish look " the shade you are using is obviously too light for you or the wrong undertone anything that gives you a greyish or weird undertone look is not the right shade ladies . Y'all need to stop copying every shade the YouTube gurus be using because they may look like your shade but sometimes they aren't so please choose your shades wisely based on YOUR COMPLEXION and the type of highlighting you want . . These are best blended with a beauty blender or a flat foundation brush or even a slight damp dense brush whatever works for you .

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADE: creamy beige

PROS

- creamy
- pigmented
- shade selection
- long wearing
- easy to blend

CONS

- packaging

COMMENTS: I get these for $1.99 at my local beauty supply store. I would definitely pay more as the quality is up to par with more expensive brands. They're so creamy, pigmented, easy to blend, and long wearing. I'm not too crazy about the applicator, but it'll work. Creamy Beige is the perfect shade for my NC37 skin tone when used for highlighting as it has yellow undertones. It gives a nice brightening effect.

Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Toniannsunshinee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is awesome!
I got this in toast and it is a little bit darker than my skin tone but it works fine since I always blend it out. It is very affordable and gets the job done. I use it for spot correcting and it works. 💖
It had a great consistency because it wear it for about 8 hours an it last but around 6 hours it might need a touch up. I love the brush applicator it sooo helpful but I wish there was more product in the tube. Overall it is an awesome product, try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love! I hate to be on the bandwagon...but...its an amazing product!

I purchased 5 colors because I did not know what shade would be best for what purposes. In general, I prefer light foundation coverage, or just concealer where needed and a light powder. I almost always wear concealer under my eye and I only wear brightening/highlighting concealer in the evening...so natural is my "to-go" look. I am approx. NC50 in MAC PLW, Deep in the Garnier BB cream, Caramel on both Revlon ColorStay and Maybelline SuperStay, and 4 1/2 in Dermablend Covercream (its a tad light but it blends perfectly under my eyes with a light powder and on my skin with a skin colored powder...and its my HG!). I purchased the LA Girl Pro Concealer in Medium Beige, Warm Honey, Almond, Fawn, and Toffee. Upon receiving the package I tested all 5 on the back of my clean hand...I loved the consistency. It is thicker than the MAC PLWC, but provides the same if not better coverage, and similar staying power. I applied a thin layer of each and allowed to dry...then did an hour of yoga, and rinsed a few dishes. The concealer stayed put through both, but washed off easily with soap. The first two shades would make amazing highlighters or under eye concealers for evening for my skin tone (only a thin layer so I dont have reverse raccoon eyes) or...what I am currently doing is...mixing with other concealers to brighten the undertone and increase longevity. Today I mixed my Medium Beige with my Amazing Cosmetics conealer in Deep Tan...now...the AC concealer provides great coverage, but it is a tan too dark for my under eye, and it creases...Medium Beige fixed both those issues. My under eye looks amazing! I plan to use Medium Beige and Warm Honey for those purposes. The Almond is my perfect under eye/dark circle shade...totally cancels out discoloration under the eye...and dries to a semi matte/matte finish and lasts through an 8 hour work day and a 1.5 hour hot yoga class. Fawn is a great color for all over my face to cover anything I want to hide, it has a yellow undertone to make it great for all over the skin...and Toffee is another discoloration color for dark marks but it is darker so it can be used under the eye alone on a natural day, or on the face to cover discoloration.

Madly in love...and cannot wait to purchase more!

For those that do not like the brush (I have no issue as I only apply on a clean freshly washed face) you can cut off the hairs and use like a normal tube of makeup products with no issue.

I purchased from ikatehouse.com for $1.99 each (I bought 10) and $3.95 for shipping).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by ItalianBerry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Do not get the hype with this product. Was excited to use it after hearing all the reviews, but it's just a cheap, badly made concealor.
Pros:
- Average at best
- Medium coverage
- Cheap
Cons:
- Annoying applicator which either dispenses nothing or way too much when squeezed out.
- Awful coverage: it covers pretty well but doesn't blend, and just looks like really obvious cheap concealor, it does not look natural at all.
- Personal: the colour just didn't match my skin, it was a very 'beige-grey' shade that made me look like I had been in hospital.

Wouldn't recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

A nice cheap concealer to use that's light coverage. It didn't cover my acne scars or dark under eye circles. I needed my Mac studio finish concealer ASAP. It's not a re purchase for me, but if you need something affordable then try this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This is my " holy grail" concealer. As, I have gone through so many concealers, and this one is the best I've ever found. I first found out about it on YT. After hearing so many people rave about it, I decided to give it a try. Because there were no stores around me that carried it at the time, I had to order from online. Let me tell you, I fell in love with this concealer after first use. It looks completely natural against my skin, it blends well, and it will last all day on my face, whether I happen to put powder over it or not. It doesn't crease or cake up. It comes in a variety of shades, which I like. Because sometimes, I like to switch up colors.

Currently, there is a beauty outlet store that just started carrying them. So, now, I plan to shop there from now on for these concealers. At this time, the colors I have are Pure Beige, Medium Beige, And Warm Sand. And, I do plan to expand my collection to include more shades. As, the line does carry 18 shades total. So, whether your fair to deep ebony, your sure to find a shade to match you.

Ladies, please don't sleep on this concealer. At my beauty outlet store, it sells for $2.99. However, if you do not live near a beauty supply store that carries it, you can always buy it online from ikatehouse, which actually sells it cheaper, for $1.79.

This concealer may be cheap, but it is wonderful. And, I'm so glad that I listened to the ladies on YT and decided to give it a try.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by azizzaeshe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this concealer. I have combination skin and oily skin in the places I need to apply my concealer, so it's GREAT that I don't need to apply powder over it. Blends so easily and doesn't show up as ashy on camera. Also is very cheap and I am all for frugality. I would definitely buy again. Wouldn't hesitate!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this little baby at my hair supply store for a friggin $1.99. You can't beat the price or the color selection. It has the coverage of many of the high end Concealors I've tried and the longevity of them as well. I little bit goes a long way and make sure you work quick because it dries and doesn't move. I would set it with a powder just to keep it from creasing. I like the applicator but it does dispense a lot of product and just to keep it sanitary, I spray alcohol on it and wipe it down with a tissue.