L.A. Girl PRO Conceal HD Concealer

4.1

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax (Cera Alba) Stearyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glyceryl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Mica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hyaluronate, MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides, (CT 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 7/20/2015 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Really good concealer. Good size as well to carry out. always covers any of my spots.

on 7/18/2015 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this concealer, as it is quite hyped up on youtube. I wanted to love it, but it isn't pigmented enough to cover any of my dark circles. Perhaps I got the wrong color for my skintone (NC30) and I got creamy beige. It, however, layers beautifully on top of other concealers. For $3.99, I'm willing to go back to try a different shade when I'm out.

If anyone is in the Vancouver area, I found it at Funk 'n' Frost in Metrotown Centre! They also carry the full NYX line, and Sugarpill Cosmetics.

on 7/17/2015 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I was kinda hesitant to use this concealer but I had to see what the hype was about, you know? I live in Jamaica, when I searched some beauty supply store it was kinda overprice, I knew they overpriced it because of the hype. Eventually I found some for a reasonable price so I snatched up like 4 Fawn, Toffee, Espresso and Toast. Fawn is like the ideal highlight shade for me at first I was scared to use it, but after using it with a beauty blender it was A1. I used Toffee as well for a highlight but its not as bright as Fawn but it gets the job done as well. Espresso seems to blend well with my complexion so I use that as a concealer often times.

Another thing you need to know this bad boy needs to be blended in FAST!, it dries really quick. Now the consistency tends to be creamy and thick which was cool with me, though sometimes when the concealer is squeezed out of the package it comes out watery, I really don't know what causes that, what I do is rub the tube before even applying the product. I was okay with the packaging it comes in a tube with a brush applicator, which is really useful since sometimes when you open the top product is already on the brush so you can just use that without squeezing out anymore and wasting the product. But overall its a really good product AWESOME coverage.

on 7/14/2015 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

These are great products! I use them in all different shade. For contouring (DARK COCO), cleaning up my brow(FAWN) , to highlighting(COOL TAN)! I find them at my local Beauty supply store for about 3 bucks each.

on 7/13/2015 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have found the holiest of grails.

These are so affordable and so good, but oh so hard to find. In one of my local malls, (Grapevine Mills in Grapevine Texas) I stumbled across a store called wax accessories that sells a ton of affordable makeup brands. I just walked inside because my boyfriend had to go to the bathroom, and this store was right next door- I only wanted to waste time, but once inside, I felt as if I had won the makeup lottery.

L.A. Girl was one of their biggest displays, and I raided that thing like it was going out of business. The first thing I searched for was this concealer, I bought 3, one for now,and two backups, one doesn't just find L.A. Girl in store and NOT buy backups!

I own so many concealers, but this just hits it out of the park everytime. I use the shade classic ivory for concealing, and porcelain for highlighting. Classic ivory was the shade I picked up my very first visit, and when I took it home, I was a little nervous. It was the lightest shade at the time, but it looked too dark for my pale skin. Luckily, this shade is perfect, it isn't as dark as it looks in the packaging. It has a bit of an orange undertone too it, which isn't what I usually like, but that's what makes it so great for concealing the under eyes.

Porcelain is a shade I picked up later on, when it was first released. I was actually the first one to buy this shade, and I even got to open the tester, this is a personal accomplishment of mine. I thought this would be ideal for mixing with my classic ivory, but it's just way too light! However,this is perfect for highlighting. In the future, I plan on picking up light ivory, which is the shade between classic ivory and porcelain.

I know everyone raves and raves about this, but that's because it deserves all the praise! The coverage is so good, it doesn't feel too thick, it's inexpensive, and I reach for it over all of my other concealers- drugstore or high end. It's hard to find, but just order it online, and if you see a display in stores, don't even think twice about it!

(In case anyone is curious, I think I paid $3.99 in the wax accessories store- a dollar less than they sell for on the L.A. Girl website)

on 7/7/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

They are very inexpensive but are very good and last a long time. I have 'beautiful bronze' to contour and 'fawn' to highlight and correct under the eye. The formula is creamy but light.

on 7/7/2015 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I reviewed and swatched these and included how I thought they worked with indian skin!

on 7/6/2015 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

THIS IS HORRIBLE , it's definitely not a dupe for ANY high end concealer I do not recommend it at all. After I put it on as a highlighter it started to look cakey and smudged. Lots of dots were under my eyes and everywhere else I highlighted. I was just an oily mess. It was a waste of money in my opinion and expierence and I would not buy it again. I gave It a few tries but it just wasn't for me. It does not last all day at all.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in three colours. The orange corrector (like NYX's, but in a liquid form)
Cool tan (if you are mixed race-yellow toned/tan, pick this up!!) and medium beige (same again, if you are mixed, its just slightly lighter, if I want a little under eye glow)

The products performance:
I am a person with TERRIBLE dark circles and dark scarring, so it wasn't as full coverage as i'd need, but it is a good concealer if you don't need that. (Hard Candy's Glamoflauge is better at that!!!) It lasted 6 hours before I saw it starting to fade a little, so pretty good! All in all...It was okay.. I prefer NYX's orange correctors as its more vibrant, and cancels ashy tones but this is a good substitute if you can't find it/afford it, and you can't really say no with these prices, especially from Ebay!

on 6/21/2015 3:56:00 PM

HOLY! I never believed this was a dupe for my loved MAC Pro Long Wear Concealer, but I wanted to try it out because of the raves. I have to say, this is similar to the MAC concealer, and for $4, it is a fairly good dupe (I don't think it is a dupe for the NARS concealer though). The MAC concealer provides a tiny bit more coverage and the lasting power is better, but it is slightly more drying. This LA Girl concealer gives solid medium coverage and is build-able. It doesn't look cakey, and it isn't drying. I use it for my under eye circles and I really love it. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. I cut off the brush tip and I wish it just came as a regular squeeze tube. I use Creamy Beige, and I use NC 30 in MAC.